1022 users online (273 members and 749 guests)  

Websleuths News

IA - Brian "Farmer" Burns, 55, Delaware County, 19 Dec 2013

Brian "Farmer" Burns is a missing 55 year old man. Burns was last seen on Thursday, December 19th, 2013 at his place of residence in Delaware County, Iowa. Burns is a white male, 6 feet tall with a medium build. He has gray balding hair with a beard. At this time, a photo of the missing man in question is not available.

Please call the Delaware County Sheriff's Office at (563) 927-3135.

My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Delaware County authorities search for missing man

The Delaware County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in locating a man who has been reported missing since Thursday, December 19th.

Brian Burns
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Detroit Metro
    Tomorrow will be a week he's been gone, which isn't good. I wonder if he had any medical issues?
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

up north

Search for Missing Delaware County Man Continues

December 31, 2013

Short article at link

Brian is still missing.

Iowa Missing Person Information Clearinghouse
    Name: Brian M Burns
    Age At Report: 55
    Age Now: 56
    Weight: 240 lbs.
    Height: 6'00"
    Race: White
    Hair: Grey
    Eyes: Green
    Sex: Male
    Incident Type: Disability physical / mental
    Brian Burns was reported missing to the Delaware County Sheriff's Office 563/927-3135, in Manchester on Dec 20, 2013.

Cold Case Spotlight

Another Christmas Nears and Brian Burns is Still Missing

On December 23, 2013, with the Christmas holiday fast approaching, the Delaware County, Iowa Sheriff's Office received a call.

Brian Burns, 55 at the time and known to many locals by the nickname "Farmer," had not been seen in several days.
    Family members describe Burns as an "easy going guy that could joke around with you." Theresa Burns, Burns's sister-in-law, told Dateline their family initially hoped he would soon show up around town, as he often did.

But Brian has not been seen or heard from since. And as another Christmas quickly approaches, the Burns family simply wants to know what became of him.

"I can't see him packing up and just leaving," Theresa told Dateline NBC. "He was a super-nice guy. Everybody in town knew him."

Authorities believe Burns disappeared with nothing but the clothes on his back.