GUILTY IL - Yolanda Holmes, 45, dies in contract killing, Chicago, 2 Sept 2012

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...er-arrests-20131224,0,1253048.story?track=rss

A West Side man arranged the murder of his mother, a well-known owner of a beauty salon in Uptown, to gain access to more than $90,000 from her bank accounts and the proceeds from two of her life insurance policies, authorities said today.

Qawmane Wilson, 24, of the 0-100 block of North Mayfield Avenue in the North Austin neighborhood, has been charged with murder and home invasion in the death of his mother, Yolanda Holmes, 45, in September of 2012, authorities said.

Charged with Wilson are Eugene Spencer, 22, of the 6100 block of South Rockwell Street, who prosecutors said killed Holmes, and Loriana Johnson, 23, of the 300 block of East 131st Place, who served as Spencer's driver.

All three were ordered held without bail today by Judge Adam Bourgeois, Jr., who called the slaying a "heinous act."

More at link.....

I can't even wrap my mind around someone killing their mother. I'm not defending him, just saying, to kill one's own mother doesn't compute in my mind. How does one even consider that? It's a sick world we live in today.

It's actually the oldest motive ....greed. Money, and the unwillingness to work for his own money. In essence she was worth more dead to him than alive. It happens a lot unfortunately. All humans are capable of murder. Most chose not to. Those who do should get the needle but even that to me is too easy. It is a heinous crime and I'm so glad they arrested and on Xmas too.

This crowd won't get the needle because there's no longer a death penalty for crimes committed in Illinois, except for capital military or federal crimes and this isn't either of those. The guy was too lazy to work for a living and now we will punish him by putting him in a place where he won't have to work for a living.:dunno:

If it wasn't for her, he wouldn't even be here.

That's a man that couldn't see his own future! If his mom had $90,000 in the bank by the age of 45, and he had no means to make more than she, he should have waited another 45 years. Greed. He wanted it now for some reason. After liquidating the account, what did he do with the money? Did he want to be a drug lord, or invest in real estate?

I can't even wrap my mind around someone killing their mother. I'm not defending him, just saying, to kill one's own mother doesn't compute in my mind. How does one even consider that? It's a sick world we live in today.

Probably distanced himself from the actual crime since he didn't physically murder her. However, therein lies his problem....he brought in two other people into his scheme and the more who are involved, the more likely one is going to get caught. His second mistake was to liquidate the bank accounts immediately after his mother's death. That in itself definitely sends a "red flag" to LE. It just took them another year to put all the pieces together.

MOO

Probably distanced himself from the actual crime since he didn't physically murder her. However, therein lies his problem....he brought in two other people into his scheme and the more who are involved, the more likely one is going to get caught. His second mistake was to liquidate the bank accounts immediately after his mother's death. That in itself definitely sends a "red flag" to LE. It just took them another year to put all the pieces together.

MOO

I get the jist of what went on, what I don't get is how a human can consider murdering their parents, yet alone carry it out. I realize it happens quite often, but when I picture my parents there is no way I could even think of such a thing.

MOO

Did he owe money? $90k in savings by the time she was 45 potentially meant $90k in savings every 20 years. What pushed him to murder her and have the money now? Was he simply greedy, or did he get in over his head somewhere and need the money. Liquidating the bank account suggests that the money went somewhere all at once. Did he hide it under his mattress, invest it, pay a debt?

He has a Facebook account where he flaunted and bragged about his shopping sprees since the murder with pictures of gucci versaci belts, multiple Lexus suvs, mustang, manicures and stacks of cash straight from the bank. The kid was a wannabe rapper with bad gangbanging friends that helped him kill his mother. I live in Chicago and its sad to see murders like this.

Sent from my NB07 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back