TX - Wayne Bowden, 77, murdered in his San Antonio home, Dec 2013

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Coming in multiple numbers, murders catch one's eye; but it is the very singularity of homicide that continues to astonish and always will.

Man discovers father slain in Monte Vista home. (San Antonio Express-News)
SAN ANTONIO — A man who went to check on his father on Christmas discovered the 77-year-old man had been slain in the kitchen of his Monte Vista home Wednesday afternoon.

San Antonio police said it had been a couple of days since the man had heard from his father, Wayne Bowden, so he decided to stop by on Christmas. About 2:30 p.m., he unlocked the front door of the home in the 100 block of Queens Crescent and found Bowden dead in the kitchen.
---
“There was obvious blunt trauma to the head, and we did find forced entry,” said the detective, who didn't want to be named because it wasn't his case. “There was a side window that had been broken.”

It was unclear whether anything had been taken from the house and exactly when the crime occurred, other than sometime between Friday and Wednesday, the detective said.
---
Police had no suspects or motives several hours after Bowden's body was found, and officials said while there had been some holiday-related break-ins in the area, they didn't seem to be related to Bowden's death.
---
more at the link

I can't find any updates - I guess it will be a while. Police say 'there are some signs' that lead them to believe this is a suspicious death, but I guess the condition of the home made it a little difficult to tell immediately if there had been a break-in or not. The home looks very, very run down in the pictures here, poor man.

I hope someone's managed to rescue the animals - I have a feeling there will be a few more than that single cat in the picture.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Body-foun...ng-treated-as-suspicious-death-237317401.html

What on earth was that young guy's mugshot that flashed up at the end of the video?

What on earth was that young guy's mugshot that flashed up at the end of the video?

It looks like the mugshot of Conrad Barrett who was "playing the knockout game" and punched an elderly man, breaking his jaw and causing other injuries.

The only reasons I can think of as to why it's in the video of this story is sloppy editing, or letting the video run over into another story they were covering and not stopping it on time.

I don't think he's involved with this case, if they were trying to insinuate that. They happened about 200 miles apart, IIRC. Probably just some kind of goof from the news station people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back