827 users online (88 members and 739 guests)  

Websleuths News

Poll: What do you think happened to Teleka Patrick?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alreetlike View Post
    Walked off from her car and is deceased, either accidentally or by her own hand. I don't like stating it so bluntly though.
    sadly this is what i think too

Other: Dr. Patrick had a mental break and walked away from vehicle and perished from the elements.

Really wish they would organize more searches around the radius of her car. I believe she will be found deceased in the woods near her car unfortunately.

I voted "other" because I feel she is mentally unstable. While she may have, indeed, suffered some type of "break", I am not sure she is in treatment.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by chasing.halos View Post
    Other: Dr. Patrick had a mental break and walked away from vehicle and perished from the elements.

Really wish they would organize more searches around the radius of her car. I believe she will be found deceased in the woods near her car unfortunately.
    I'm beginning to believe that Teleka will be found deceased. She could not have survived the elements for this long, so unless she has found safe harbor, she is probably no longer with us. In an frantic, frenzied state of mind, she could have walked for a while and might not be in the immediate area around her car, but she probably isn't too far away from that location. My thoughts lead to her having walked toward Lake Michigan...

My vote is for 'left of her own volition THEN became a victim of some misfortune/ possibly a crime. I feel she met her fate in Indiana.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

I am leaning toward her wanting to stay at the hotel so she could go to someplace downtown and not have to drive home. Maybe dancing, maybe karaoke. When I was single I didn't want to take my purse out because there was no safe place to put it if I wanted to dance, I might not want to take my phone either because I might lose it. I might leave my valuables at the hospital instead of the hotel, because housekeeping might enter later to turn down the beds. She may have went out with a girlfriend, or met up with some friends. She may have become confused and headed the wrong way down the road. I know being single in a new place is very boring, so I expect her to be trying to find new friends. I also expect she may have become very desperate for companionship as time went on, it very natural to become desperate. Unfortunately that may have put her in a position to be taken advantage of. I am concerned with her need to borrow money from others, and wondering what she spent all her money on. I have seen people crash cars, and when I went running to help them out they took off and started running down the street because they stole the vehicle. I have seen people take off from the scene of an accident because they were under the influence. I don't think they have searched the area near the car enough, and would like to see them search inside any property that might be vacant.

I am leaning toward her wanting to stay at the hotel so she could go to someplace downtown and not have to drive home. Maybe dancing, maybe karaoke. When I was single I didn't want to take my purse out because there was no safe place to put it if I wanted to dance, I might not want to take my phone either because I might lose it. I might leave my valuables at the hospital instead of the hotel, because housekeeping might enter later to turn down the beds. She may have went out with a girlfriend, or met up with some friends. She may have become confused and headed the wrong way down the road. I know being single in a new place is very boring, so I expect her to be trying to find new friends. I also expect she may have become very desperate for companionship as time went on, it very natural to become desperate. Unfortunately that may have put her in a position to be taken advantage of. I am concerned with her need to borrow money from others, and wondering what she spent all her money on. I have seen people crash cars, and when I went running to help them out they took off and started running down the street because they stole the vehicle. I have seen people take off from the scene of an accident because they were under the influence. I don't think they have searched the area near the car enough, and would like to see them search inside any property that might be vacant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sappeared.html

"Dr Teleka Patrick, 30, had a personal protection order filed against her by pastor and gospel singer Marvin Sapp, 46, who said Dr Patrick had visited his home and contacted his young children to get close to him."

I think she walked away from her car and died from exposure. Perhaps she'll be found by hunters someday.

I can't say for sure, but I definitely think some type of online relationship took a wrong turn (or two).

I voted "in the throes of psychosis," but I'm afraid she's more likely to have harmed herself than to be getting treatment.

I think some of the other options, like bad romance or victim of crime, might also be true at the same time.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

I voted 'victim of a crime and deceased', although I hope that is not true. It's a shame that someone who had worked so hard and had a bright future ahead seemed so desperate to get away that night, for whatever reason. No matter whether she was stalked or had a bad end to a relationship, her confused actions would have put her in a very vulnerable position to be attacked by a stranger too. Really hoping she can be found alive but after this long it is very doubtful, IMO.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Thumbs down

I Hv to answer I believe she knew her employer was going to find out about the ppos and her possible violation of said orders. Someone may be harboring her in ill ind or ca as well as fl. She had no intention of returning to her job as she left her badge there. I believe she is dangerous voluntary endangered missing.

And you all know I Hv sm billable hours here lol! Jk. I'm really fearful that she may Hv succumbed to weather after leaving her vehicle in the ditch w. A flat.

Possibly will be facing serious stalking charges that include stalking of minors.
    Dont Be A Sheep

Unfortunately, I believe she was in the throes of psychosis and succumbed to the elements.

Her ex claims that Teleka has psychiatric problems. The relevation that she was stalking the gospel singer seems to confirm this. On the other hand, it would have been extremely hard to get through medical school while having a serious mental illness. So I think that she may not be schizophrenic. My guess is, although of course this is pure speculation - diagnosis with so little knowledge is impossible, that she suffers from a borderline personality disorder. People with BPD may seem act normal for most people, but their behavior is odd to people in close relationships. People with BPD may completely adore their love interest and then suddenly change to hostility. They have a deep-seated fear of abandonment. People with BPD are more likely to stalk. They also have impulsive behaviour, such as reckless driving, suicide attempts/self mutilation, eating disorders, agitation. (I don't know if Teleka has/had an eating disorder, but there is a significant weight loss if you compare earlier photo's with more recent ones). At moments of distress, people with BPD may experience hallucinations.

I presume some of the videos she posted were meant for Sapp, the gospel singer. She refers to song-writing. And whomever she was making the video for, does not seem to replicate her "love". With the restraining order, she would not have been allowed to send emails/text messages to Sapp. Posting the videos (without addressing the love interest ever by name) may have been a way to circumvent the restraining order. Although it is not clear how she could make Sapp watch the videos. He probably never saw them.

Then again, there could be another love interest that we do not know of. But I think she would not have been able to let go of her stalking target that easily.

Anyway, I am not sure how a mental disorder fits into the picture. I think there still may be some (twisted) logic to her actions on the day she disappeared.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast