1323 users online (312 members and 1011 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/con...d/-/index.html

Conway police were searching for a 14-year-old girl who went missing Wednesday afternoon.

Authorities said Abigail Hernandez was last seen leaving Kennet High School on foot around 2:30 p.m.

Based on a K-9 track, police think she did arrive at her home on Village Way in North Conway, but she wasn't there by the time her mother got home.

Hernandez was described as 5 feet 4 inches tall and 118 pounds, with brown hair and eyes and an olive complexion. She was last seen wearing black yoga pants and a grey sweatshirt.

Anyone with information is urged to call Conway police at 603-356-5715.
    Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/con...#ixzz2hK6rICQW

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9

Hollye's key points map: Key points
    Hollye's full map: Full map

NH - Abigail Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 **MEDIA THREAD **NO DISCUSSION**

AmandaReckonwith's Case Archive
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 05-12-2015 at 07:09 PM. Reason: broken links
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

MOD NOTE

Once again:

• We do not sleuth individuals who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI's.
    • We do not link to social networking profiles of persons who have not been indicated as suspects/POI's by LE.
    • We do not link to a social networking page unless we are 100% certain it belongs to the suspect/victim.
    • We never post the name of a private individual who has not been named in the media. Even then, unless s/he's a major player, initials should be used in place of full names.
    • With the exception of a victim, we never post the full name of a minor.
    • Linking to social networking profiles/pages is allowed for these four categories: Victims, Suspects, MSM and LE.
    • Any exceptions to the rule MUST be mod-approved.
    • If you don't think you should post it, then DON'T.

Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a pm.

If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not quote it. Alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the problem.

FINAL WARNING -- TO's will follow, no questions asked.

*This post falls at random and applies to everyone, and no one in particular.
    Last edited by KateB; 05-18-2015 at 09:18 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Please continue here...

Abby, where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
    Would if, WOULD IF there is a reason why she SHOULDN'T be brought home to her mother or father?

WOULD IF there is a darn good reason why she ran away from home and is staying away? Do you force this girl to go back to a place that she tried to run away from out of fear, being scared, etc? We do not know what her home life was like, we don't know if she should be living back at home with her mother, who, for all we know, could be abusive, or perhaps her Mom's boyfriend was?

IF she ran away, and IF she has not contacted her parents again, there has to be a reason why.

Now, I don't know if she ran away or not. We don't know really anything because too much is being kept secret from the public, but all indications from these recent letters tell me that both parents think she ran away on her own. I've read and re-read them several times, and neither seem to think she's in danger, just more or less being stubborn and not coming home.
    I agree . Something is rotten. But we knew that day one. I still go back to the last presser being in Concord rather than in Conway. It was a hint ( to me ) that LE has stepped away and went back to the NHSP home.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaK View Post
    I agree . Something is rotten. But we knew that day one. I still go back to the last presser being in Concord rather than in Conway. It was a hint ( to me ) that LE has stepped away and went back to the NHSP home.
    I agree about the press conference being in Concord was indeed very strange. Also, Jane alluded to the fact that the mother had asked them (LE and FBI) to keep looking for her- in other words, to me (IMOO), that they felt that she ran away from home on her own and wasn't abducted, and that they were going to back off a bit. This has always sounded a bit personal (IMO) to me, like a family issue. I am hoping that is the case and that she is truly ok, and that no harm has come to this young lady.

This case is just so bizarre.

Thank you for the new thread, CatFancier!

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    I can see why the parents would put all their eggs into one basket and go with the runaway theory. I'd be the same, it's the best way for them to keep hope alive. It all seems like a desperate plea for more contact, another letter, but I honestly have huge doubts about the likelihood.

skibaboo is online now <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    I'm so upset Abby wasn't home for Christmas, and now here we are on thread 10..

Where are you Abby? If you did run away, like your dad says, there is nothing that can't be worked out.

I should change my name to IHAVENOCLUE2 (luv ya CLUE).. This case is such a head blah
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

The presser and the letter really only confused the issue for me .
    Anyone else? I do think it's encouraging she was safe at the onset, so
    hopefully she still is .

Concord is the state capitol, due to the Presidential primary 1st in the nation status of NH, all the needs of any national news organizations are already in place for live broadcast events there. North Conway simply does not have the switches and cabling in place to handle dozens of satellite trucks etc like Concord and Boston do.
    I think Concord was simply the best place to service a Presser of that size. My BF works in that industry and large remote broadcasts are difficult to set up without months of preparation. New switches are in the 100K plus cost range. I cannot see the town of NC investing in that.

Still wondering about the "promising developments" Zenya was unable to talk about during her Christmas broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skibaboo is online now <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRose View Post
    Still wondering about the "promising developments" Zenya was unable to talk about during her Christmas broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, me too LittleRose... TY I meant to put that in my post!
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Noting the missing girl from WI (Brianna), same age as Abigail, LE immediately includes the name of the older male she is thought to be with, as is the case in 99% of the cases where the girl is thought to be with an adult. JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by alreetlike View Post
    I can see why the parents would put all their eggs into one basket and go with the runaway theory. I'd be the same, it's the best way for them to keep hope alive. It all seems like a desperate plea for more contact, another letter, but I honestly have huge doubts about the likelihood.
    This doesn't really make sense to me. It seems in most cases, the parents have to insist that their child did not runaway, that they were taken against their will. Time is extremely important when your child is abducted. I would think it would better to tell everyone your child was abducted in order to maximize the media coverage, get people to pay more attention to your child's face, etc. I am very certain that if Abby's parents insisted that she was abducted, doing PC's where they pleaded to her kidnapper, etc, this case would get significantly more media coverage, and therefore, significantly more people would know to look for her. Sugarcoating what happened to your child (to that extent) is not going to bring them home.

Quote Originally Posted by carolann0308 View Post
    Concord is the state capitol, due to the Presidential primary 1st in the nation status of NH, all the needs of any national news organizations are already in place for live broadcast events there. North Conway simply does not have the switches and cabling in place to handle dozens of satellite trucks etc like Concord and Boston do.
    I think Concord was simply the best place to service a Presser of that size. My BF works in that industry and large remote broadcasts are difficult to set up without months of preparation. New switches are in the 100K plus cost range. I cannot see the town of NC investing in that.
    They had around 8 , maybe more PC's in front of the Conway PD all broadcast-ed live on TV , by many stations all over New England .

I dont follow.

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast