Identified! NJ - Camden, Male skeletal remains in trash can, Dec'13 - Adrian Rivera

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
Camden authorities release details on human remains found in trash

CAMDEN — Authorities have released additional details on human remains recently found in a trash container in Camden.

A dog walker discovered a man’s skeletal remains just before 4 p.m. Friday near Interstate 676, by Morgan Boulevard and Broadway, according to the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20131226/NEWS21/312260024/

Snipped..........................

CAMDEN — Authorities are trying to identify a man whose body was found near a highway in Camden, and who may have been at the site for nearly a year.

The skeletal remains were found just before 4 p.m. Friday off Interstate 676, near Morgan Boulevard and Broadway, according to the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office.

The body was in a marked trash can, said Capt. Willie Mahan, who would not disclose other specifics about the container, citing the investigation.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20131223/NEWS21/312230038/Man-s-remains-found-Camden

Snipped.....

Police say the remains appear to be that of an 18-25-year-old male. The victim is believed to be either mixed race or Hispanic, about 5'7" tall and 150-175 pounds.

Authorities also say the victim had extensive dental work, including four crowned front teeth. He was found wearing a light gray hooded sweatshirt.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9371612

Kordell Smith fits all the parameters and he lived 5 miles away from where the remains were found. His race is not listed as mixed and there is no mention of dental work. However, age, height, weight and proximity are all on target.

Name SMITH,KORDELL M
Kordell left his residence in Pennsauken, NJ on 04/30/2013 and also took some personal items. He may be with his girlfriend, who lives in Pine Hill, NJ. He was last seen wearing a black Adidas brand jacket, red polo shirt, tan pants, and black Nike brand sneakers. He does have a tattoo on his chest with the words Honor is Forever, his ears are pierced and wears diamond earrings.
Sex Male
Race Black
Date of Birth 03/21/1996
Height 5' 06''
Weight 145

https://www16.state.nj.us/NJSP_Ambe...:2CHp?parameter=mp_detail&mp_id=42377&type=mp

http://goo.gl/maps/f5lFr

Snipped..........................

CAMDEN — Authorities are trying to identify a man whose body was found near a highway in Camden, and who may have been at the site for nearly a year.

The skeletal remains were found just before 4 p.m. Friday off Interstate 676, near Morgan Boulevard and Broadway, according to the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office.

The body was in a marked trash can, said Capt. Willie Mahan, who would not disclose other specifics about the container, citing the investigation.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20131223/NEWS21/312230038/Man-s-remains-found-Camden

How does a body sit in a trash can for over a year? this seems very strange...does anyone know the area this trash can was located? I see it was off a highway, yet still an area a man would walk his dog??

It sounds like these remains may have been place here after the fact..IMO

How does a body sit in a trash can for over a year? this seems very strange...does anyone know the area this trash can was located? I see it was off a highway, yet still an area a man would walk his dog??

The area is like a war zone. It's riddled with fields of trash and debris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Stored at killers home, then moved?

The area is like a war zone. It's riddled with fields of trash and debris.

wow, doesnt sound like a place to walk a dog, but what do i know? lol...so, easy area to leavea body with no one to notice....hmmm...

Were these remains meant to be found then?
A year is quite a time to pass if the bin was exposed and accessible.
The person who put them there must not have been too concerned that they would be found one day...

I hope the UID is named soon.

Linda7NJ, is right that area is like a war zone and sadly, I am sure there are other bodies out there in the same vicinity. If the guy is a local I don't hold out much hope for identification. If he was dumped there but from elsewhere than hopefully he will be identified.

mjak

I wouldnt walk my dog there either - unless it was a really big and terrifying dog...

Is this the right location vacinity?

http://goo.gl/maps/7HbKH

picture.php

Camden New jersey is the worst city in the entire USA!
You do not go to Camden you do not even drive thru Camden!
The crime is very high!

There is no reason to go there!
I do not think the police patrol there any longer!

It was the most dangerous city in the us it even beat out Detroit!

I use to work there, (social work) the entire city was my area. Every time I turn on the news or read a report like the one above... I swallow hard and hope it wasn't one of "my kids"

It's a Godforsaken place.

I was just down in that area on Christmas Day. My best friends father is in cooper hospital and I took the long way to check out some of my old stomping grounds. That google map photo does it justice. It looked far worse on Wednesday

I use to work there, (social work) the entire city was my area. Every time I turn on the news or read a report like the one above... I swallow hard and hope it wasn't one of "my kids"

It's a Godforsaken place.

I was just down in that area on Christmas Day. My best friends father is in cooper hospital and I took the long way to check out some of my old stomping grounds. That google map photo does it justice. It looked far worse on Wednesday

Thanks for confirmation of the map - it was one of the reasons why I asked if that was the right place. From the map it looks like a ghost town in that area - except for parked cars.
I didn't realize it was near the dockyards.
You can live in the prettiest harbour in the world and still the docks are just scary places.
I hope they find answers for the UID.

Funny story... My mother grew up in south Camden 80+ years ago when it was a busy beautiful city.
She gets the urge to check out her old neighborhood. Says she's going with or without me. So of course I don't want her going alone!!! I drive her. Her house had been right off Broadway on Fillmore Street. Most of the houses are gone. I stop where her house once stood according to my GPS. A drug dealer runs out of a burned out building and up to my car. Lovely! He asks what we are looking for... I say nothing, just looking and drive away. Up the street a little further I am stuck behind 3 cars, the first one is buying drugs ....second car ...buys drugs...and there's my mother... Pointing at the residence the drug dealing gang members are working out of. "That used to be such & such house" ...I say "mom STOP pointing" ....being old and obstinate she continues...
I was thrilled when we finally got out of there!!!

Oh a few weeks ago she started her crap that she wanted to go again. I told her no way! I turned her into google street view maps... Now she can virtually visit Camden anytime she wants on her iPad!

Thanks for confirmation of the map - it was one of the reasons why I asked if that was the right place. From the map it looks like a ghost town in that area - except for parked cars.
You can live in the prettiest harbour in the world and still the docks are just scary places.

That was New York Shipyard. They used to build ships there. It shut down sometime in the 1960's. It was dormant for decades. I'm not sure what it's being used for now. Seems like something is going on there?

By looking at the map, I don't get how a trashcan could sit there for a year and not be noticed, tipped over, blown over, moved etc. If the grassy area is where he was found, then somebody had to mow that grass. Makes no sense!

By looking at the map, I don't get how a trashcan could sit there for a year and not be noticed, tipped over, blown over, moved etc. If the grassy area is where he was found, then somebody had to mow that grass. Makes no sense!

Mow the grass? Lmao! There are so many vacant lots that look like trash filled jungles!
The only time those lots are cleaned up at all is when some outside organization with volunteers goes and collects trash. given the sheer volume of areas, it's not very often.. And most never get done. The number of abandoned, boarded up and burned out homes are too many to count. Once in awhile there's an influx of cash from somewhere and a few houses get raised.
No one is going a notice a trash can, standing up, laying down or otherwise.
If you look up tax records you'll see countless abandoned house& lots.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back