GUILTY IL - Silvestre Diaz-Hernandez, 41, found decapitated, Chicago, 25 Dec 2013

Officials: Defendant offered dismemberment as a 'present'

An 18-year-old man who was asked to move out of the Northwest Side apartment he shared with his aunt and her boyfriend killed the older man with a hammer, then cut off the man's head, ears and nose and left them on his aunt's bed "as a present," prosecutors said Friday.

Police arrested a blood-covered Alexis Valdez after he dismembered Silvestre Diaz-Hernandez, 41, became exhausted and called 911 to report there was a dead body in their Belmont Gardens basement apartment, Cook County Assistant State's Attorney Kingsley Sawyers said during a bond hearing.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...hwest-side-apartment-20131225,0,5049990.story

uggh.

The Sun-Times further reports that, after Diaz-Hernandez was dead, Valdez proceeded to use a butcher knife to decapitate the man and cut off his ears, nose and mouth, as well as his arms. Prosecutors say he pulled Diaz's eyes out of his head using his bare hands.

The teen allegedly left the head and other parts in her aunt's bed because "he wanted to leave his aunt a present," prosecutors said on Friday, according to DNAinfo Chicago.

When police arrived on the scene, the blood-covered teen admitted to the grisly slaying, ABC Chicago reports.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/28/alexis-valdez-chicago_n_4512331.html

sanpaku eyes.

Revenge for putting him out of the house? I'm sure she had good reason.

Man's inhumanity to man never ceases to amaze me, even though it's expected.

At least he's 18 and an adult.

Wonder which mental illness will be the excuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Why was he living with his aunt? Where were the rest of his family? the fact that he hid the hammer on the way out to they drug store and then retrieved it and used it as a weapon makes it premeditated.
He was also going to kill aunt if she had come home.
I don't think this was the first time he had participated in mutilation. He has probably practised on animals before this and who knows if there were previous victims of his handiwork.
He's one he'll of a sick psychotic creature with no hope of changing his ways. JMOO

Ughhh... How gruesome.

I agree with Marg_from_Oz - He must have done it on animals prior to this.
How else could he have gone through with completing the whole thing?
And the reason he did it was because he didn't want to move out... But in the end, he still doesn't get to stay at that place.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back