Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    LE has to know more. Someone has to know more- her classmates, co-workers, shuttle driver, radisson employees.

In the end of the radisson clip with Taleka, she looks more animated as she is walking out and still talking to the employees. They are just standing there.

How did her co-workers know to call LE right away?

It is hard for me to speculate thinking that they have more info and are not releasing it, yk?

It just isn't right that LE and groups aren't out there searching for her. Even worse, that they weren't searching for her in Kalamazoo and where the car was found and not just a 1-2 mile radius. I feel like they know more and aren't releasing it bc WHY aren't they/didn't they search more?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Poppyflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisMissing View Post
    Not new to WS - just don't post. I have read every post on this case. The following are, of course, my own opinion.

I think it's quite possible that TP had made a reservation at that hotel and the piece of paper she pulled out of her pocket was a confirmation number. She may have even provided her credit card as payment at the time of the reservation so she didn't think she would need to provide it again - which is not true. She would have needed her credit card and an ID - which it doesn't appear she had because it was left in her car. I say this because she never pulls a wallet out of her pocket of that hoodie. Speculation on my part. This explains why she appears upset and angry - she has provided a credit card but is not allowed to check in. Is this a catalyst for pushing her over the edge (?) - if she is sleep deprived or having other mental health issues (speculation).

Her own apartment (for which she may have signed a lease) may have issues that do not allow her to get the much needed sleep she needs (loud neighbors or she is frightened of being there due to something else that has happened). For whatever reason, she clearly does not want to return there that night.

Someone posted about twitter posts to another user with "gurl" in her name. That information is not correct. It appears that the poster is misreading the cached twitter posts. The person with *gurl* in her name does not appear to have any relationship at all with Teleka - she just randomly happened to post the same video. The quotes from *gurl* were mostly quotes from movies.

There are other twitter messages however that point to Teleka missing someone very much. Someone still in California (???) since the posts start the day she arrives in Kalamazoo and continue until just before her twitter account is deleted. (If this violates WS rules - please delete). It appears that her Twitter account and her last activity on another SM site was at Thanksgiving. BTW she did have another Twitter account besides the one that has been referenced.

She leaves her cell phone and purse at work. Perhaps the cell phone is strictly a work phone and if she is not on call (speculation) she sees no reason to take it - especially if all she is planning to do is go to the hotel and sleep. If she has also left her work badge at work - she may think it's just too much of a hassle to try and retrieve the phone that evening.

She makes the decision to drive to some place or someone that night after being denied a room. Not something I would do without a cell phone but we don't know her mental state or if she actually did have another phone that she took with her along with the keys. LE likely knows if that is true. Where she was headed is what LE is trying to determine. We know she likely doesn't have a cell phone so she is not calling someone to say she is coming. I would think it is likely the 'friend' with whom she has an on again off again relationship; but she doesn't get there.

I think the erratic driving was probably her falling asleep at the wheel and running into the ditch which damaged the tire. She gets out of the car - poorly dressed for the weather, which was in the low 20's with winds of 16 to 17 mph that evening. I think her body will be found close to her car.

I hope that isn't the case and she wasn't picked up by an opportunistic predator (however she was very close to an area where I never would have left the "safety" of my car).

Best case: she was smart enough to have planned this out as a voluntary disappearance.
    First and foremost, thanks for the well though out post. Sleep deprivation is high on my list of suspects, and your scenario is reasonable to me. I do want to add that in one article, LE did specify that she left her personal cell phone at the hospital, but did not go on to further inform us whether or not she carried a work phone (which would be common for residents). So, we really don't know for certain whether she did have a phone with her or not, it's just one of those loose ends. Obviously we haven't been told that anyone heard from her that night.
    I think they should be spending all their efforts and resources searching for her along the route, and in the area of her car.
    Last edited by elmomom; 12-28-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Ipadisms
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

If she happened to have her work phone on her ( which I have not heard yes or no ) it would work to call 911.. but not likely contain any personal numbers. If she is like most of the 20-30 somethings I know, they dont remember phone numbers, dont have them written down anywhere... So even with a cell she may not have been able to call anyone? I would like to think she would have called 911 when she went off the road - but she still would not be able to call ahead to a friend if she were heading that way...
    But there would have been many hotels along her route... why did she not stop at one of them if she just needed sleep?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cebee For This Useful Post:

Not new to WS - just don't post. I have read every post on this case. The following are, of course, my own opinion.

I think it's quite possible that TP had made a reservation at that hotel and the piece of paper she pulled out of her pocket was a confirmation number. She may have even provided her credit card as payment at the time of the reservation so she didn't think she would need to provide it again - which is not true. She would have needed her credit card and an ID - which it doesn't appear she had because it was left in her car. I say this because she never pulls a wallet out of her pocket of that hoodie. Speculation on my part. This explains why she appears upset and angry - she has provided a credit card but is not allowed to check in. Is this a catalyst for pushing her over the edge (?) - if she is sleep deprived or having other mental health issues (speculation).

Her own apartment (for which she may have signed a lease) may have issues that do not allow her to get the much needed sleep she needs (loud neighbors or she is frightened of being there due to something else that has happened). For whatever reason, she clearly does not want to return there that night.

Someone posted about twitter posts to another user with "gurl" in her name. That information is not correct. It appears that the poster is misreading the cached twitter posts. The person with *gurl* in her name does not appear to have any relationship at all with Teleka - she just randomly happened to post the same video. The quotes from *gurl* were mostly quotes from movies.

There are other twitter messages however that point to Teleka missing someone very much. Someone still in California (???) since the posts start the day she arrives in Kalamazoo and continue until just before her twitter account is deleted. (If this violates WS rules - please delete). It appears that her Twitter account and her last activity on another SM site was at Thanksgiving. BTW she did have another Twitter account besides the one that has been referenced.

She leaves her cell phone and purse at work. Perhaps the cell phone is strictly a work phone and if she is not on call (speculation) she sees no reason to take it - especially if all she is planning to do is go to the hotel and sleep. If she has also left her work badge at work - she may think it's just too much of a hassle to try and retrieve the phone that evening.

She makes the decision to drive to some place or someone that night after being denied a room. Not something I would do without a cell phone but we don't know her mental state or if she actually did have another phone that she took with her along with the keys. LE likely knows if that is true. Where she was headed is what LE is trying to determine. We know she likely doesn't have a cell phone so she is not calling someone to say she is coming. I would think it is likely the 'friend' with whom she has an on again off again relationship; but she doesn't get there.

I think the erratic driving was probably her falling asleep at the wheel and running into the ditch which damaged the tire. She gets out of the car - poorly dressed for the weather, which was in the low 20's with winds of 16 to 17 mph that evening. I think her body will be found close to her car.

I hope that isn't the case and she wasn't picked up by an opportunistic predator (however she was very close to an area where I never would have left the "safety" of my car).

Best case: she was smart enough to have planned this out as a voluntary disappearance.
    Thank you. All very good thoughts, thanks for coming out of lurkdom to share them. As to the pre-registered room and the confirmation number credit card necessity thing, I think that is very possible. I had not considered that angle and it makes perfect sense to me.

You bring lots of new angles through which we can view her actions that night. Much appreciated. The worst thing that can happen on these threads is tunnel vision. Thanks for widening my scope.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    Quite possible IMO

I also find this quite plausible except for the part I italicized. Because if you are right, she did eventually "meet" this person, and it did not go well

You are describing my other working theory. The mystery man the videos were for.

I am not sold on the delusional theory. I am working two concurrent theories which might explain what I perceive as unusual behavior for the victim.
    Please put "missing woman who was fearful only at specific places (her work and possibly her apartment) and involved in a secret on-again-off-again relationship " into your theories. Add the fact that Dr. Patrick's mom spoke to her every Sunday (her mom should be a good judge of her daughter's mental health) and she has no history of mental illness. Tell us your results!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cebee View Post
    If she happened to have her work phone on her ( which I have not heard yes or no ) it would work to call 911.. but not likely contain any personal numbers. If she is like most of the 20-30 somethings I know, they dont remember phone numbers, dont have them written down anywhere... So even with a cell she may not have been able to call anyone? I would like to think she would have called 911 when she went off the road - but she still would not be able to call ahead to a friend if she were heading that way...
    But there would have been many hotels along her route... why did she not stop at one of them if she just needed sleep?
    It's possible that she needed to be somewhere she felt safe to get sleep. Sleep deprivation can cause anxiety, panic attacks, paranoia etc... She was familiar with the Radisson, when that did not work out, maybe she was trying to get to somewhere specific that she felt was "safe" and could relax to get some sleep.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    Please put "missing woman who was was fearful only at specific places (her work and possibly her apartment) and involved in a secret on-again-off-again relationship " into your theories. Add the fact that Dr. Patrick's mom spoke to her every Sunday (her mom should be a good judge of her daughter's mental health) and she has no history of mental illness. Tell us your results!
    It seems to me she did not feel safe in her car, did not feel safe calling 911, did not feel safe in relaying her fears to anyone that we know of, did not feel safe in numerous hotels on the highway she travelled past, did not feel safe in Kalamazoo, and possibly even all of Michigan.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by georgiasblu View Post
    I'd like to know if she actually was spotted driving out of the parking lot and by whom. Or is this more bad information being regurgitated by various media outlets.
    Yes, I, too, wonder whether there was one witness or multiple witnesses, & how confident they are that it was Teleka (e.g., did the witness/es know Teleka?).

As to the accuracy of what is being reported, I am feeling better today as there are now separate articles, written & published by two different news organizations -one being AP- that are reporting this. I would feel even more confident if LE were to corroborate it. Really, I would feel much better if LE were to confirm anything the PI has said so far.

Still, the possibility exists that even if it was Teleka driving her car, there may have been another individual(s) inside also.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to inmyhumbleopinion For This Useful Post:

I think they need to revisit the area where her car was found and expand the search. I dont no what was going on or who may have been responsible but I dont think she is ok. As hard as she worked and so many years invested I dont see her walking away from it all.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to concernedmother For This Useful Post:

If she was in her car in Indiana, maybe her "lover/friend/companion" caught up with her and she got in their car. Since she is with them, she doesn't need to be seen as they could help her stay in hiding and get the things she needs without her ever leaving where she is. Maybe she gave up everything to be with this person. Yes, it is A LOT to give up. Maybe the stress combined with a new love was enough for her to give it all up. Maybe she completely changed her mind about being a doctor and is too ashamed to admit that to anyone? She could be hiding out with this person back in California. She wouldn't want to take any IDs with her so she wouldn't be found. I wonder about her bank accounts leading up to her disappearance. Was a lot of money withdrawn recently or abnormal for her activity on the account for the last month or so, slowly draining it?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Poppyflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    Please put "missing woman who was fearful only at specific places (her work and possibly her apartment) and involved in a secret on-again-off-again relationship " into your theories. Add the fact that Dr. Patrick's mom spoke to her every Sunday (her mom should be a good judge of her daughter's mental health) and she has no history of mental illness. Tell us your results!
    okay, I'll bite. I don't know that her on again off again relationship was "secret" or if she was simply a private person. The only thing that could suggest it was a secret relationship is the fact that her mom states she was a grown woman of 30 and did not share that sort of personal dating detail with her.

You are, I believe, implying a possible secret relationship with a work associate who knew or may have access to her apartment and who she may not have wanted to track her down or know of her whereabouts that night. Possible.

I assume you want me to speculate that the on again off again was either stalking her or that she intended to meet the unknown "love" spoken to in her youtube videos and she did not want on again off again person to know about it.

However I cannot speculate further down that line because LE has said that the on again off again interest has been looked at and there is nothing there.

Clatterbuck said Patrick received a phone call the day before she disappeared that may have agitated her, but he was told that there was “nothing remarkable” to be seen in her phone records. Clatterbuck confirmed that she had an “on-again, off-again” boyfriend, but he is not a suspect and the two were on good terms. Patrick’s ex-husband, Clatterbuck said, also is not a suspect because they haven’t had any contact in two years.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013122...ssing-Michigan
    So I am not sure if the suggested track of speculation is that she was furtive in her movements to avoid the on again off again fella from knowing about youtube fella but that on again off again is not a suspect and that whatever happened to her is incidental to that relationship but plays into our confusion about her actions prior to go missing or what. Or is the suggestion that the on again off again boyfriend was married and some pissed off wife of female rival decided to stalk Teleka and harm her somehow?

Either way, I just don't have enough factual info to carry any of the above theories very far. JMO.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

from the family hired PI investigating.

The private investigator says the hotel shuttle driver who drove Teleka to her car the night of her disappearance says she acted as though she thought someone was following her or might be looking for her.

Though Teleka may not have felt safe in Kalamazoo, Clatterbuck says it’s unlikely someone was following her.

Clatterbuck says Teleka seemed to be in a “heightened sense of agitation.” He says she was under tremendous stress in her residency and often goes without sleep.

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/12/26/mi...#ixzz2onVJ43qI

This kind of reads to me as if the PI is speculating that her apparent fear is not based on real threat but more likely from a sleep deprivation caused by her heavy work load/schedule.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Just thinking about this, as it's an area I haven't really given much thought to up until now. I'd love to think she was able to pull this off, but I have a few issues with the logistics.

If the Radisson was Plan A as part of a planned disappearance, I wonder what the rest of the plan would have been, had she successfully got a room. Presumably heading off somewhere else the next morning, but where? And then when she couldn't stay, she had to come up with a Plan B. Which would be extremely impressive given how the circumstances turned out (a lift back to the car, no cell phone to rearrange anything, etc)

Or did she anticipate that she wouldn't be successful in getting a room, and just turn up there anyway to try and.. confuse people?

Bleurgh. My mind has twisted into a great big knot. Are there any nice straightforward cases I can read up on?

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alreetlike For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    from the family hired PI investigating.

The private investigator says the hotel shuttle driver who drove Teleka to her car the night of her disappearance says she acted as though she thought someone was following her or might be looking for her.

Though Teleka may not have felt safe in Kalamazoo, Clatterbuck says it’s unlikely someone was following her.

Clatterbuck says Teleka seemed to be in a “heightened sense of agitation.” He says she was under tremendous stress in her residency and often goes without sleep.

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/12/26/mi...#ixzz2onVJ43qI

This kind of reads to me as if the PI is speculating that her apparent fear is not based on real threat but more likely from a sleep deprivation caused by her heavy work load/schedule.
    Last part bbm. Really, unless he has been asked not to release what he is finding, I am not seeing that Clatterbuck is making much more headway than us Websleuthers. Time for TES. Boots on the ground searches. Day after day. Until Teleka is found.
    In March 2012, sometime between 4:45 and 5:45 am, Molly Young was shot in the head and killed with her ex-boyfriend's gun. Sometime after 9 am, Molly's ex-boyfriend called 911 to report she had overdosed in his bedroom and died.
    There were no significant levels of drugs or alcohol found in Molly's system.

Help Molly's family in their quest for a complete and thorough investigation into her death.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=218835

http://justiceformolly.org/

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hejlena For This Useful Post:

Not one of her actions or reactions that day - not one - were reasonable or rational even if she was actually being stalked, harrassed, or followed. That's why the chances of her actually being in danger from a real person* is slim to none, and slim is beginning to pack up and leave town.

*Unless it was entirely random and after she had the wreck.

JMO.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DocBrew For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast