Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 1026

Thread: MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #3

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosecution_Rests View Post
    So, wasn't there an eyewitness who said they saw a woman waiving her arms on the side of the road?

    To me, this would likely indicate trying to get a driver to stop (and likely hitch hike) because it does seem like, if a person saw her waiving, they would have also seen another person (a mysterious stalker) who was after her. They did not say that they saw her RUNNING and waiving which I would expect one to be doing if an attacker were on her heels.

    I think she may have thought she needed to leave behind things that are known to track her which is why she seemed to purposely leave behind her purse, phone, etc...and not too much later, she also left her vehicle in the same fashion--deliberately.
    No the waving of the arms was a possible sighting of her at a rest stop in a car.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:


  3. #177
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    That's incorrect. The early reports were mixing up the time zones. That has been fixed.

    Please refer to the FBI report:
    http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/tal...sandra-patrick
    On that same evening, Thursday, December 5, 2013, at approximately 10:00 p.m. (EST), Dr. Patrick's vehicle, a light-gold 1997 Lexus ES 300, was found abandonded off the roadway in a ditch with a possible flat tire on I-94, mile marker 23, in Porter, Indiana.
    Well what I posted IS correct. NW Indiana is not on eastern time. We follow Chicago. Indiana is all over the place with time zones.

    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana"]Time in Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    When someone loves you they don't have to say it, you can tell by the way they treat you....

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to honeybun1807 For This Useful Post:


  5. #178
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    157
    I think here is where it can get confusing. LE has never stated as fact that it was Taleka driving the car when it went off the road. As has been stated upstream, LE specifically said that the scent of "whoever" was driving the car had been traced from the car back up to the highway. There is no proof whatsoever as of right now that TP ran off, ran away, etc etc. As far as where she is, she could have been attacked and dumped anywhere between the last place she was definitively seen and where her car was found. I'm just saying we all need to be careful basing our opinions on something that has not yet been proven. As many people have stated, there does not seem to be any compelling reason she would have gone to Indiana so I think that it's at least worth the time to consider that it was not her in that car going there. For example, if she was carjacked and dumped, it would make sense her belongings would still be in the car. If there were two perps, one driving TPs car and one following, it makes sense that whoever was driving the car would have been able to get the heck out of dodge in that short amount of time that it took the police to arrive. I'm not saying that it's at all impossible that she did have some sort of break but my point here is that I think we are getting a bit too focused on the mental breakdown/group stalking theory when there is no solid proof that's the case and in fact there are other scenarios that fit the circumstances of what we do know just as well.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kytty For This Useful Post:


  7. #179
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sangre de Cristo Mountains
    Posts
    4,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosecution_Rests View Post
    So, wasn't there an eyewitness who said they saw a woman waiving her arms on the side of the road?

    To me, this would likely indicate trying to get a driver to stop (and likely hitch hike) because it does seem like, if a person saw her waiving, they would have also seen another person (a mysterious stalker) who was after her. They did not say that they saw her RUNNING and waiving which I would expect one to be doing if an attacker were on her heels.

    I think she may have thought she needed to leave behind things that are known to track her which is why she seemed to purposely leave behind her purse, phone, etc...and not too much later, she also left her vehicle in the same fashion--deliberately.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...ly_friend.html

    Irene Patrick said the family has hired a private investigator, and he received a tip from a man who works at a rest stop near where Patrick's abandoned vehicle was found. The man told the investigator that on that night, he saw a woman get into a car and was waving her hands, Patrick said.

    What rest stop is the question? I can't find any that's very near where TP car was found. UNLESS the person was calling a truck stop a rest stop? Truck stop(s) are nearby.
    "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

    Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:


  9. #180
    tlcya's Avatar
    tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    America's heartland, the Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    24,333
    re dogs and scent track:

    State police used a bloodhound Dec. 12 to try to retrace Patrick’s steps from the car. The dog tracked from the car up to the highway and stopped, investigators have said.

    Clatterbuck said he believes the track by the dog could be an indication that Patrick got into another vehicle on the highway after her Lexus went off the road. However, he pointed out that no witnesses have come forward saying they saw Patrick get into a car on I-94.

    He also said other factors could have played a role in the dog losing Patrick’s scent at the highway, including that the track was done a full week after the car was found there.

    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...ka_patric.html (quite a long article and the comments are from the PI)

    On Dec. 12 Indiana police used a bloodhound to trace Patrick's scent from where her car was found on north side of westbound I-94 on the night of her disappearance directly into the road. This information leads investigators to believe Patrick was picked up by another motorist.

    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...rsons_bul.html (info not attributed to anyone - reporter's paraphrase of info?)

    The group also says hound dogs followed Teleka’s scent directly into the road which lead investigators to believe she was either being followed or was picked up by someone she did not know.

    Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/12/20/br...#ixzz2oo792jzb (info sourced as from the group Find Teleka)

    Police then took their dogs to Patrick’s abandoned vehicle, in hopes of tracing her scent. Unfortunately, no trace was found. “We have scoured, searched, and looked at everything we could possibly look at — all the exits, all the businesses, all the hotels,” Indiana State Police Sgt. Rick Strong said. “We posted fliers, we talked to neighbors. We did a full-blown on-the-ground search in the wooded area north of where the car was.”

    http://www.webpronews.com/teleka-pat...-trace-2013-12 (reporter seems to paraphrase the info about no trace scent being found, the direct quote attributed to Sgt. Strong does not specify about whether there was a scent traced to the road)

    Indiana State Police Sgt. Rick Strong told CNN that dogs were used to track her scent.

    "(The dogs) indicated that whoever was in that vehicle ... tracked back to that roadway" roughly 30 feet from the car, Strong said.

    The dogs found no trace after that.

    http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/telek...#ixzz2oo8jBVVI (contains very specific statement from Sgt. Strong about the dogs tgracing the scent of "whoever was in that vehicle" to the road. He is careful IMO not to specify that it was Teleka's scent)


    Patrick's car ended up in a ditch about 30 to 40 feet off I-94, but didn't crash, Indiana State Police Sgt. Rick Strong told CNN on Thursday.

    Investigators used dogs to track the driver.

    "(The dogs) indicated that whoever was in that vehicle ... tracked back to that roadway" roughly 30 feet from the car, Strong said.


    The dogs sensed no trace after that.

    http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/19/us/mic...octor-missing/ (same quote, again by Strong, again vague in specifying that it was Teleka's scent being tracked to road)

    All of the above leads me to believe that they were not using a scent item/identifier specific to Teleka but rather were using the dogs to trace whomever was the driver of the vehicle to wherever that individual went (the roadway) and the scent was lost.

    So to me, it seems as if the reporters and others have run with the idea of it being Teleka that was scent tracked from vehicle to roadway when in truth it was the last person in the driver seat that was tracked and that may or may NOT have been Teleka. I think they used the drivers seat and side of the impounded car to give the dogs the scent and they followed that scent from scene of ditched car to roadway.

    Otherwise I feel strongly that Sgt Strong would have said the scent was Teleka's and not "whoever" was driving that car.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

    Show me the evidence, give me the facts.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  11. #181
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    I do not believe that her car in the field at the scene of the accident can be said for sure to be her last known location.

    Dogs traced a scent from the car to the road. I have seen no reports from LE or the PI that specifically say HER scent was traced from car to road. Simply a scent.

    Off to see if I can nail that down because it matters a great deal in hypothesizing.

    will ETA if I find confirmation that it was HER scent traced from car to road.
    FBI says it was her. Indiana State Police will not concur.


    3 weeks later, young Mich. doctor still missing
    Print Email
    18 hours ago Associated Press

    KALAMAZOO, Mich. | Three weeks later, a young doctor in southwestern Michigan was still missing Friday night.

    Teleka Patrick was last seen Dec. 5 trying to get a room at a Kalamazoo hotel. But she didn't stay there and eventually got a ride back to her car at Borgess Medical Center.

    Patrick's gold Lexus was discovered that same night, 110 miles away in a ditch along Interstate 94 near Portage, Ind. There were no keys inside but police found her wallet.

    Private investigator Carl Clatterbuck has been hired by Patrick's family. He says it's all a "big mystery."

    The 30-year-old Patrick has been in Kalamazoo serving a medical residency since July. Clatterbuck says she had an airline ticket to visit her parents in Florida for Christmas.

    http://www.nwitimes.com/ap/weeks-lat...04f3e7600.html
    When someone loves you they don't have to say it, you can tell by the way they treat you....

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to honeybun1807 For This Useful Post:


  13. #182
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolate View Post
    Thanks goldenbear and happy holidays to you.

    Which parking lot are you referring to?

    I'm curious if someone can pick up TP's scent from riding in her car for 2 hours?
    The parking lot is the hospital parking lot. She left there at approx800est and arrived at the accident site approx 1000 est(keep everything in est or it will get hard to understand)

    q2 no dogs are smarter than that.

    comment 3 I have read the car went 40 feet off the road. Wouldn't that be into the field?

  14. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sangre de Cristo Mountains
    Posts
    4,634
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybun1807 View Post
    Well what I posted IS correct. NW Indiana is not on eastern time. We follow Chicago. Indiana is all over the place with time zones.

    Time in Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm aware of the time zones. The first reports were saying 10:00 pm CT. That has since been corrected to 10:00 pm ET as the FBI states.
    "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

    Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:


  16. #184
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    9,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    I personally believe she went out to meet someone and it ended with her missing.
    I do not think she was delusional or unraveling or psychotic.
    I think he contacted her out of the blue which to me seeing her as a girl on a very set schedule threw her off kilter
    But then what? Do you think LE is on to him? Because surely the FBI could retrace her communications with him?

    Quote Originally Posted by CMac2 View Post
    I dont subscribe to the theory that she was delusional. To be fair, though, those who have thrown that out as a possibility did not do so because she claimed she was being stalked. To my knowledge, none of us know anything at all about TP's mental state or her personal life. The theory that she was being stalked is just an idea some people had, and no one who says she may be paranoid or otherwise mentally ill did based those ideas on any stalking claim.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure where you're getting this. Where is there a report that she claimed she was being stalked? Being stalked is an on- going process. Being followed can be a one time event. And the statement by the PI that she felt she was being followed that day is nothing, on it's own, to point to a possible mental health component. You're missing everything else. For starters, the accompanying statement by the PI that nothing suggests she actually was being followed.

    Frankly, if she had told someone she'd been stalked, that would have tossed me off the fence toward murder, early on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
    I worked with a woman some time back who was paranoid. She told me all sorts of stories about eavesdropping, being followed, etc. She appeared "normal" and was a good worker, so I was surprised when she revealed her fears to me in a perfectly natural way. Question: If TP was really paranoid, why didn't she share her feelings with anyone that evening? Why would she be secretive if she believed someone was "after" her?
    Apparently she did indicate to someone she was being followed that day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    How in heavens name did we come up with the idea she is delusional or psychotic?
    Because she is a DR?
    Here's what I posted earlier in answer to a similar question:
    My reasons for suspecting possible mental health relation are not "symptoms" per se but a combination of factors- nothing on its own-as follows:
    1. The videos. It's a feeling of unreality I get from them. It's not professional experience. It's a gut feeling that something isn't quite right. I began to list specifics about the video that gave me that sense- there are a few- but I feel weird about breaking that down. Right now it feels rude. So, I will refrain. But making a whole meal for someone not there and stopping mid sentence to state you just felt something intangible sent through space from someone else are two of the things that I feel comfortable mentioning about the video.
    2. Dr. Patrick's conduct in being driven from the hospital to a hotel, leaving some of her belongings and her car, then attempting to check in without enough money, or apparently an ID.
    3. The video at the hotel. Although she seems calm throughout most of it, I sense tension in both concierges who interact with her and she keeps her hood up in a manner that no one else does in the video. And at the end, it looks to me like she is in a huff and gesturing emphatically at the concierge who just stares back.
    4. The extreme stress and sleeplessness of a medical residency.
    5. The purported erratic driving.
    6. The cites I gave stating even psychiatrists actually assessing someone for psychosis, can miss the signs.
    7. The various, super famous instances of people who have gone suddenly "crazy" yet no one knew something was wrong.
    8. What I've read about the progression of psychosis, especially initial onset. How the signs of an imminent mental break can be subtle until they are not. How sometimes/often, delusions and psychosis can remain hidden and do not always manifest in the florid displays most often seen in the ER, like Jason Russell went through.
    9. Other mental health manifestations that sometimes result in sudden disappearances, like disassociative fugue, which appear suddenly, with no warning.
    10. All the statements by the PI, LE and Dr. Patrick's parents, combined, as to being concerned with Dr. Patrick's state of mind, that she was "agitated", which I saw on the video, that she was not known to have a romantic interest, the caller who called her had nothing significant to state to her, that her ex is not a suspect, that the behavior in the videos was "atypical", that she expressed she felt she was being followed but there is nothing to suggest she was.

    Again, it's a feeling. I've seen contradictory info and beliefs by mental health professionals on here. I'm not sure if mental illness is even a factor but those are my reasons for suspecting it.

    We begin cataloging info as babies, in order to understand the world around us and to keep ourselves safe. Commonalities begin to pop up and most people begin to be able to filter out what's usual and what is not quite right in another person. "I had a bad, dark feeling about that person." "What's your evidence something was off?" "His eyes."

    Well, there's zero empirical evidence in that scenario but our gut, developed from a lifetime of observation and categorization, knows something is off.

    I'm no mental health professional but I've never been wrong yet when a new client has walked in and I sensed they had a mental health issue. Should I ignore those feelings?

    I'm not sure here. But it's a possibility. I think that's all anyone is saying, really.
    I will add to the above. At this point, surely LE and/or the PI have evidence of a secret communication, a scary stalker, an on-going relationship, etc., if such existed, have questioned such a person and determined where rhy were on the day in question and whether Dr. Patrick was inquiring about such a person. No arrest or announced POI or even that they'd like info about or from a certain person or about Dr. Patrick being seen with an unknown person, may further the mental health theory.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    I do not think she ever met the person she was talking to on the videos.

    I do believe he called her and said he was going to be at that hotel at such and such a time. She is smart because she really does not know this man has someone else drive her
    and she borrows some money because she has no cash and does not bring ID along this way if it goes bad he does not know where she lives.
    Ok he is not registered sooooo she leaves he is sitting there watching her in his vehicle and follows to her car.. He runs her off the road and is not seen again!

    JMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    I also think she told this person a lot about her daily routines and he told her nothing!
    If she was smart enough not to bring info with her that could lead to him being able to track her, in case it "goes bad", why would she be dumb enough to give detailed info about her daily activities? And shy would bringing ID in a purse or pocket be bad? How does that lead to him finding out where she lives? Also, why not do what any other intelligent single woman would do and tell others where she's going, who she's meeting and meet in broad daylight at a public place? Finally, why not bring her phone? So she could call for help if need be?

    It doesn't make sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaStar View Post
    I guess you would have to check with the Radisson about the cash thing. Keeping a credit card on file is the usual MO for staying in a room. So the Radisson would know if she used cash the other times she stayed there.

    So why use cash??
    I checked. Apparently you can book a room with only cash: http://traveltips.usatoday.com/book-...card-2973.html

    I haven't called the Radisson to see if they accept cash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Marple View Post
    Because people are tagging someone who is being stalked as delusional. She must have been fearing what people would think of her if she confessed these things were happening to her. I notice a lot of people already are looking more seriously at her as having a mental break, than looking at her as someone who was targeted because of her obvious qualities.
    No. No one is tagging someone who is being stalked as delusional. If there was evidence that Dr. Patrick was the victim of a stalker, I'd jump right off the fence to murder.
    Last edited by gitana1; 12-28-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.


    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:


  18. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    96

    Pertinent Ideas/Questions/Suggestions

    Hello fellow websleuths. I have been following this case closely because I live in Kalamazoo. After reading posts all week, I finally decided to join so that I could post.

    It seems to me that the conversation is running in circles now that we are a little further from the initial posts. What I would like to post are a very few select thoughts, based on what I have gleaned from following this forum which I haven't seen covered.

    1. Nearly every intersection between Gull Rd. and I94 west has cameras covering them. Furthermore, I94 west has traffic cameras located above some bridges. I am thinking specifically of the one at the Michigan/Indiana line, on I94 west. Could the cameras shed light on the number of people in the car? Could the cameras show if another vehicle was following her? I would imagine so.

    2. Although the hospital cameras may not have been working, Gull Rd. is very commercialized. I would hope that business cameras covering Gull Rd. may be able to shed some light on who/how many people were in the car, or if it was being followed.

    3. Do we know what caused the tire to go flat? Was it a bullet, low tire pressure, or just common road damage? Somewhat morbid and assumed, but did they check her trunk?

    4. User RubyRed posted a link to a thread outside of this website. It led to a post made by a friend (male) of the missing person. The post seemed to indicate that she shared personal issues with this friend, but the friend didn't seek help for her. One would think the friend could brief investigators on the missing persons mental state.

    5. Lastly, I hope that a better search has been conducted for her than meets the eye. Both locally and where her car was found need to be thoroughly covered. Today's temps are near 50 degrees and much of the snow is melting. This should help in search efforts.

    As a new member to this website, I look forward to participating in fruitful discussions. I hope these thoughts keep the wheels turning in people's minds.


  19. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,635
    That's a Michigan paper and they re referring to Michigan time which is one hour ahead of NW Indiana time.

    MOO
    When someone loves you they don't have to say it, you can tell by the way they treat you....

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to honeybun1807 For This Useful Post:


  21. #187
    tlcya's Avatar
    tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    America's heartland, the Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    24,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Teleka's car was impounded in Indiana when found abandoned. LE in Michigan didn't know that was her car until Dec. 10. Dogs were used on Dec. 12 + searched "the area where her car was found" by ATV, by foot, etc. Her car was not there. The hounds were using Teleka's scent items.
    We shall have to agree to see it differently. My reasoning posted slightly upthread with links explaining how I got where I am on this issue of the scent tracking.
    Last edited by tlcya; 12-28-2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: having up down issues today, lol
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

    Show me the evidence, give me the facts.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  23. #188
    Thanks for the info!

    The LE cannot confirm that she was driving the car but I am personally looking at the pattern of her leaving behind her phone, etc...so her car being abandoned as well makes me think that Taleka leaving it is not too hard to imagine.

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prosecution_Rests For This Useful Post:


  25. #189
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sangre de Cristo Mountains
    Posts
    4,634
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    snipped for bandwidth
    TP car was impounded ... taken away. The LE were in her car (broken into or left unlocked ... we don't know that part) as was the towing company to tow her car to the impound lot. Over one week later ... you believe they towed the car back to where it was found and just let the hounds scent the car? I guess I have more faith (learned here from Sarx and other verified dog/SAR handlers) that they would need more than that when they had TP scent item to use.
    "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

    Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.

  26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:


  27. #190
    tlcya's Avatar
    tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    America's heartland, the Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    24,333
    Quote Originally Posted by NineMilly View Post
    Hello fellow websleuths. I have been following this case closely because I live in Kalamazoo. After reading posts all week, I finally decided to join so that I could post.

    It seems to me that the conversation is running in circles now that we are a little further from the initial posts. What I would like to post are a very few select thoughts, based on what I have gleaned from following this forum which I haven't seen covered.

    1. Nearly every intersection between Gull Rd. and I94 west has cameras covering them. Furthermore, I94 west has traffic cameras located above some bridges. I am thinking specifically of the one at the Michigan/Indiana line, on I94 west. Could the cameras shed light on the number of people in the car? Could the cameras show if another vehicle was following her? I would imagine so.

    2. Although the hospital cameras may not have been working, Gull Rd. is very commercialized. I would hope that business cameras covering Gull Rd. may be able to shed some light on who/how many people were in the car, or if it was being followed.

    3. Do we know what caused the tire to go flat? Was it a bullet, low tire pressure, or just common road damage? Somewhat morbid and assumed, but did they check her trunk?

    4. User RubyRed posted a link to a thread outside of this website. It led to a post made by a friend (male) of the missing person. The post seemed to indicate that she shared personal issues with this friend, but the friend didn't seek help for her. One would think the friend could brief investigators on the missing persons mental state.

    5. Lastly, I hope that a better search has been conducted for her than meets the eye. Both locally and where her car was found need to be thoroughly covered. Today's temps are near 50 degrees and much of the snow is melting. This should help in search efforts.

    As a new member to this website, I look forward to participating in fruitful discussions. I hope these thoughts keep the wheels turning in people's minds.
    Thanks for chiming in and adding your thoughts. Great thoughts about the traffic cams, etc in the area of the hospital.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

    Show me the evidence, give me the facts.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  29. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    157
    I don't think it should become an issue of either 1) she was being stalked or 2) she was delusional and thought she was being stalked but she wasn't. Anything could have happened to her that doesn't involve either scenario. I wish we had more information.

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kytty For This Useful Post:


  31. #192
    Welcome to Websleuths NineMilly!

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Idon'tneedthesame For This Useful Post:


  33. #193
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Sleuth View Post
    No the waving of the arms was a possible sighting of her at a rest stop in a car.
    I don't believe she ever made it to Indiana...alive that is. I think whatever happened to her happened in the hospital parking lot.

    Sightings are usually incorrect.

    Eyewitness misidentification is the single greatest cause of wrongful convictions nationwide, playing a role in nearly 75% of convictions overturned through DNA testing.

    http://www.innocenceproject.org/unde...tification.php

    Eyewitness testimony may be questioned on three scientific grounds. First, visibility conditions may be poor - low light, poor weather, etc. Second, many research studies report that even under good visibility, humans are poor at facial identification. Third, the procedures used to obtain the identification may be biased. This article addresses the requirements of a proper and unbiased eyewitness identification procedure rather than the ability of individuals to perform face recognition.

    http://www.visualexpert.com/Resources/mistakenid.html
    When someone loves you they don't have to say it, you can tell by the way they treat you....

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to honeybun1807 For This Useful Post:


  35. #194
    tlcya's Avatar
    tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    America's heartland, the Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    24,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    TP car was impounded ... taken away. The LE were in her car (broken into or left unlocked ... we don't know that part) as was the towing company to tow her car to the impound lot. Over one week later ... you believe they towed the car back to where it was found and just let the hounds scent the car? I guess I have more faith (learned here from Sarx and other verified dog/SAR handlers) that they would need more than that when they had TP scent item to use.
    No, that is not my belief. I believe they took the dogs to the CAR, had them sniff around the driver's side and then took the dogs to the scene. You are welcome to believe the dogs traced Teleka's specific scent. I am welcome to feel that there is a reason for Sgt. Strong NOT stating that with specificity.

    Either of us could be correct IMO. As I said, I understand how you came to conclude what you have. I have now explained why I came to conclude what I have. We must agree to disagree on this one. No disrespect, I almost always find food for thought in your posts, even when I do not end up agreeing with them.
    Last edited by tlcya; 12-28-2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: stupid typo
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

    Show me the evidence, give me the facts.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

  36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  37. #195
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Land of Tim Horton's
    Posts
    731
    Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    Back from my search of the area. Very large "chuck hole" just before mm 23. Three foot high cement divider between east & west bound lanes. .3 miles from mm 23 to start of exit ramp for porter/burns harbor exit. .7 miles to comfort inn. less than 1 mile to two large truck stops. Exit & truck stops well lit & visible from mm 23. Very busy area & she would be seen by many cars even if she went directly to the road & got in the first car that stopped. Talked to clerks @ both truck stops. They were aware of TP & missing posters were up at one time but no longer are. I asked my wife what she would do if she went into a ditch on that road @ that time of night. She would not seek help from a motorist & would walk to the exit staying in the open & away from the road.
    WEIRD........you say missing posters HAD been up but NO LONGER ARE? I think that's very interesting and perhaps a key piece of info. Who would remove them when she's still supposedly MISSING?.......someone who doesn't want people to know she's still missing? (someone who abducted her? Teleka herself if she's intentionally hiding out and wanting to lie low?). Hmmm.

  38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LayzeeDayzee For This Useful Post:


  39. #196
    I would be shocked if the FBI have not gone over the public cams for any indication that someone was in pursuit of Taleka.

    I still think it comes down to identifying the supposed love interest. If there is no indication through months and months of computer and phone records...what can investigators deduce?

    I mean, even if you are dealing with a married man---there will be some kind of evidence that you had dealings with this person OTHER than a video where you are "talking" to him and singing to him but you are by yourself.

    To me, there is one very likely reason this person is not able to be uncovered...especially if others are able to give accounts of recent peculiar activity on Taleka's part.

  40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Prosecution_Rests For This Useful Post:


  41. #197
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    96
    Two other items that I forgot to cover.

    1. Now that it is known that the NSA captures each and every cellular call, or even just it's meta data at a minimum, a review of such evidence may let the entire conversation that caused her to be visibly shaken to be heard? Could the FBI obtain such data from the NSA?

    2. Her car was a Lexus. Would this type of car have a "black box" that investigators could look to in order to establish a time line?

  42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NineMilly For This Useful Post:


  43. #198
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I'm aware of the time zones. The first reports were saying 10:00 pm CT. That has since been corrected to 10:00 pm ET as the FBI states.
    Whew!

  44. The Following User Says Thank You to bwt42 For This Useful Post:


  45. #199
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    9,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Marple View Post
    People automatically assume if you state you are being stalked that you are seeing things that aren't really there, and that you are delusional. If you go to the police with concerns over being stalked, they send you to a psychologist to "rule out" whether or not you are delusional. If the police are involved in the stalking, they pay off the psychologist where they send you to state in their report that you are delusional. The stalkers have every resource covered and tainted, even on this site, there are stalkers discrediting people's ideas and leading them down other paths of reason to take the focus off of them.
    Wait, what? I totally disagree. I think people assume you're being stalked if you say you're being stalked. Stalking is a crime most people and authorities as well as the law itself, take very, very seriously.

    Claims of stalking only cause suspicion of delusion when those stalking claims involve things like misplaced keys, a car seat pushed back in ones car, "evidence" in the form of neighbors or random people simply going about their day to day business, a shadowy network of stalkers involving the Illuminati, or the government/MK Uktra, aided by Walmart, little kids bring trained to stalk, all for the purposes of "mind control".

    Without those kinds of things present, I don't know anyone or any entity that associates stalking claims with mental illness, except that the stalker is crazy. Stalking is something society is very aware of and concerned about.

    Eta: I work with victims Of stalking. I've never once heard of the police sending someone to a psychologist to rule out delusions. That's not their protocol if they feel mental illness is at play. They simply take a report and if they feel there is not enough evidence for an arrest, they tell the person to seek a restrsining order via the courts.
    Last edited by gitana1; 12-28-2013 at 10:05 PM.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.


    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  46. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:


  47. #200
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosecution_Rests View Post
    I would be shocked if the FBI have not gone over the public cams for any indication that someone was in pursuit of Taleka.

    I still think it comes down to identifying the supposed love interest. If there is no indication through months and months of computer and phone records...what can investigators deduce?

    I mean, even if you are dealing with a married man---there will be some kind of evidence that you had dealings with this person OTHER than a video where you are "talking" to him and singing to him but you are by yourself.

    To me, there is one very likely reason this person is not able to be uncovered...especially if others are able to give accounts of recent peculiar activity on Taleka's part.
    bbm

    I've been wondering if anybody has talked to Teleka's stylist (throw in the manicurist if she has her nails done). They hear everything you can't tell your family or co-workers.


Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14
    By Salem in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 882
    Last Post: 10-17-2014, 06:41 PM
  2. Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #11
    By Salem in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 1023
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 12:32 PM
  3. Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #10
    By Salem in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 911
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 10:00 AM
  4. Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #8
    By Salem in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 688
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 09:16 AM
  5. Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #6
    By Salem in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 1054
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 01:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •