Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
25KHeatherBW-1_zps6ce27413.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1

We do not have a person of interest or suspect named in this case by law enforcement. Sleuthing anyone and posting on Websleuths is not allowed unless or until someone is named by law enforcement, this includes public sites showing addresses etc. This also includes family.

We are a victim friendly site and this includes family and friends. No bashing of anyone. No sleuthing or discussing anyone in a suspect manner unless we have a suspect named.

Rumor is not allowed, you can discuss and speculate about anything we already know thru law enforcement and main stream media.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Please continue here...

(snipped the pertinent info from the story)

SOCASTEE, S.C. -
A Myrtle Beach father has added $9,000 to the reward for his missing daughter -- the same day a new organized search started and a week after the first search was conducted for her near the Waccamaw River in Socastee.

The reward is now up to $20,000 for Heather Elvis, age 20, who was last heard from on Dec. 17 and whose abandoned car was found on Dec. 19 near Peachtree Landing in Socastee.

Terry Elvis, Heather's father, told WBTW that he has personally added the extra money to the reward.

(snip)
Monica Caison, the Executive Director of CUE, said they started around 8:30am Friday morning with more than 20 boats and kayakers in the waterway at Peachtree Landing.

"This is where we were asked to search by Horry County. And now we're monitoring the waters and just looking for any clues. You can pass an area and then someone can come through and see something you didn't see the first time. So we're just trying to eliminate this area so we can move fully away from it all together," said Caison.

Caison said law enforcement and retired law enforcement were on scene volunteering with the organization.

(snip)
As volunteers kept their eyes on the water hoping to find answers, Caison said they also used camera equipment, all in an effort to search as much of the area as possible. And while she wouldn't give specifics, she said this is not the only area they search.

"This is just where we are staging because it's the most convenient for parking and what not but we have other teams out on other locations," said Caison.

(snip)
He (Terry) said the last time he saw Heather was on Monday the 16th, just a few days before she went missing. Family members write on social media Heather's phone has been turned off and was last active around 3am last Wednesday.

(snip)
If you have any information on Heather Elvis, please call the Horry County Police Department.

"If by any reason at all you should hear this Heather I love you your sister loves you we want you home," said Terry Elvis.

There is an $20,000 reward for information that leads to her location. Any tips concerning the disappearance of Heather Elvis can now also be emailed to crimetips@horrycounty.org

More at link (especially regarding the newly established donation fund, which are linked to local banks, and other online methods such as PayPal)

Myrtle Beach Dad Increases Reward for Missing Daughter | WBTW-13

#FindHeatherElvis

I thought I read in MSM that the keys to Heather's keys were in the ignition but I searched and couldn't find any information on that or on whether or not her cell phone had been found. I know a lot of people go out to drink and smoke on boats even at night. I wonder if Heather went with someone out in a boat---it would explain why some of her personal effects (like her wallet) were still in her car if that turns out to be the case. It's a shame that so much time lapsed between her last known activity and getting the police involvesd.

Does anyone know if any males are missing in the area that are Heather's age. Or if any males around the same age went missing when she did or even a day after. Might be connected to Heather if they have.

J

Good morning everyone. Hoping today is the day!

From the end of Thread 1.

Bringing forward foxfire's post:

Old Today, 03:28 AM

SC SC - Susan DeLuca, 45, Aynor, 15 April 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion
SC - Susan DeLuca, 45, Aynor, 15 April 2010

HCPD: Case "cold" in search for missing Waffle House waitress
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 10:16 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 24, 2011 9:00 AM EDT

AYNOR, SC (WMBF) - Family and friends of a missing Aynor woman continue to hold out hope after over a year of searching concludes with few results.

Horry County Police were first informed of Susan DeLuca's disappearance back in April of 2010 after family members became concerned from a lack of phone contact. It wasn't until nearly two months later, on June 21st, that police discovered DeLuca's car submerged in the Little Pee Dee River.
Initial reports showed DeLuca may have last been seen at the Sparky's Fireworks on US-501.
<sniped - Read more>
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/149528...house-waitress

Bringing forward Arione's post from the end of Thread 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
An odd question, I know, but could Heather have possible been doing any "modeling" gigs, say Model Mayhem, photo shoots or anything like that?

There is a possibility.... I think at least one of her fb photos is a professional photo taken by someone who is listed on Model Mayhem.

Bringing forward waltzingmathilda's post

Today, 06:48 AM

Heather did some modeling for imported cars. Look up Importsofthebeach on FB. They have her pic posted on their page like Tilted Kilt does.

Note the time last seen and heard from. Has this already been reported? I am also having trouble linking another story from myrtle beach online, I believe was published Oct 27, 2013, which is a "best of's" Myrtle beach which seems aimed at tourists. Peachtree Landing in Socastee is mentioned as a nice place to spend a morning. Could someone with better skills bring that article here? Thank you. It may be that more people than locals have been made aware of P'tree landing.TIA
There was no Christmas miracle for the family of Heather Elvis, the 20-year-old from Socastee who has been missing more than a week.

Law enforcement and the Center for Missing Persons or CUE are still searching the Socastee area with a focus on the water.

Elvis was reported missing Dec. 19 when her car, a 2001 Dodge Intrepid, was found abandoned at Peachtree Landing, Horry County police Lt. Robert Kegler said.

It was unclear who last saw Elvis and when, but a flier created by family said she was last heard from about 3 a.m. Dec. 17 and she was last seen about 2 a.m. that day at a home off River Oaks Drive.

In a Facebook page managed by the family, Elvis’ father Terry Elvis, said sleep is fleeting and he continues to pray for his daughter to return home.

“My family is hurting, our hearts are heavy,” he said. “Christmas has been filled with pain and Heather is still not home.”

There is a $10,000 reward for information leading to finding Elvis. The family has also set up a reward donation account with a PayPal account under FindHeatherElvis@gmail.com.

“We are not asking for donations, but will not refuse any help we can get to add to the reward and help with efforts to find our daughter,” Elvis said on the Facebook page.

On Friday, the reward was increased to $20,000, according to an updated flier.

Monica Caison, director of CUE, said the search will likely change Friday to include more ground.

Kegler said there was no sign that she was in the water, even though her vehicle was a the boat landing.

Horry County, Myrtle Beach and state authorities have participated in the search with helicopters, boats and feet on the ground.

Caison said the search has been constant and some volunteers spent Christmas looking for Elvis.

Tips could help. Caison said people out on the water, or in the area should report anything that seems suspicious to police.

“Anything that doesn’t fit that looks like it’s fresh, call law enforcement,” Caison said. “I know it seems like an eternity for the family, but she hasn’t been missing that long. Anything that looks like it’s been out there a week could be a clue.”

Additionally, Caison said anyone who may have seen or been in contact with Elvis after Dec. 17 that hasn’t already spoke with police, should call law enforcement.

Elvis is 5 feet 1 inch tall, weighs about 118 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information about Elvis’ whereabouts can call 915-TIPS, or send an email to crimetips@horrycounty.org.

Contact AMANDA KELLEY at 626-0381, or follow her at Twitter.com/TSN_akelley.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...ers-police-continue-search.html#storylink=cpy

Good morning everyone. Hoping today is the day!

Bringing forward foxfire's post:

Old Today, 03:28 AM

SC SC - Susan DeLuca, 45, Aynor, 15 April 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion
SC - Susan DeLuca, 45, Aynor, 15 April 2010

HCPD: Case "cold" in search for missing Waffle House waitress
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 10:16 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 24, 2011 9:00 AM EDT

AYNOR, SC (WMBF) - Family and friends of a missing Aynor woman continue to hold out hope after over a year of searching concludes with few results.

Horry County Police were first informed of Susan DeLuca's disappearance back in April of 2010 after family members became concerned from a lack of phone contact. It wasn't until nearly two months later, on June 21st, that police discovered DeLuca's car submerged in the Little Pee Dee River.
Initial reports showed DeLuca may have last been seen at the Sparky's Fireworks on US-501.
<sniped - Read more>
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/149528...house-waitress

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/2172-missing-woman-susan-kay-deluca-sc-04152010/

Finally jumping in--I've been reading through the first thread trying to get up to speed.

Although I'm trying to stay positive, I'm really concerned about Heather.

This is what I've gathered so far:

Monday, Dec. 16 - Heather last saw her father.

Tuesday, Dec. 17 - Heather went to her parent's home in the afternoon to pick up her mail as she had possibly only recently moved into a condo off River Oaks Drive with her female friend. MSM reports Heather had a date later that evening.

Wednesday, Dec. 18 - Between 12:00 midnight and 2:00 am, Heather possibly checked in with her mother to say she was back from her date. Heather may have been alone in her own condo at this time as her roommate was possibly out of town.

Heather may have called her roommate at approximately 3:00 am, telling her that the date had gone well. She may have received one more incoming call or a text message after this time--no further details on this call have been released.

Thursday, Dec. 19 - Police received a call from a resident that there was a car unknown to the Socastee's neighborhood, strangely parked facing the water; and that the caller believed the car could have been there since Monday, the 16th.

Police respond and discover that the car is Heather's and they notify her father--this could have been in the evening. It is rumored that Heather's purse, license, and debit card were still in her car.

Heather's father reported her as missing at this time.

Friday, Dec. 20 - Heather did not show up for her shift at work. Wednesday and Thursday may have been her days off.

So, if I have any of that correct, I'm seeing this as an abduction.

Thank you so much Foxfire for your enthusiasm with this case! Your post are extremely useful and you believe in gathering Facts and not JUST opinions. Wanted to say that.. Although the opinions and thoughts could lead to something larger as well. We just gotta keep sharing the story

Thanx for the kind words, myrtlebeachlove, and yes Awareness is the key to successful missing persons investigations. One only has to look at the Hannah Anderson abduction(CA), a few months ago to see the power of the public. Due to communication; MSM/Internet, she was identified, located, rescued, and the perp eliminated. Although being taken to another state, over 1,000 miles away, 6 miles deep into a wilderness area.

With that said, I am very concerned that the Horry County PD Spokesperson Robert Kegler, has not updated the investigation or held a press conference, which is normal in high profile missing person's cases. Especially since there are now a minimum of 'Seven unsolved missing persons cases in the Myrtle Beach area.. Imo, HCPD is squandering very valuable resources available to them.

Sucks this made it to thread 2, but thank you ima for starting new one.

Any updates?

Finally jumping in--I've been reading through the first thread trying to get up to speed.

Although I'm trying to stay positive, I'm really concerned about Heather.

This is what I've gathered so far:

Monday, Dec. 16 - Heather last saw her father.

Tuesday, Dec. 17 - Heather went to her parent's home in the afternoon to pick up her mail as she had possibly only recently moved into a condo with her female friend. MSM reports Heather had a date later that evening.

Wednesday, Dec. 18 - Between 12:00 midnight and 2:00 am, Heather possibly checked in with her mother to say she was back from her date. Heather may have been alone in her own condo at this time as her roommate was possibly out of town.

Heather may have called her roommate at approximately 3:00 am, telling her that the date had gone well. She may have received one more incoming call or a text message after this time--no further details on this call have been released.

Thursday, Dec. 19 - Police receive a call from a resident that there was a car unknown to the neighborhood, strangely parked facing the water; and that the caller believed the car could have been there since Monday, the 16th.

Police respond and discover that the car is Heather's and they notify her father--this could have been in the evening. It is rumored that Heather's purse, license, and debit card were still in her car.

Heather's father reported her as missing at this time.

Friday, Dec. 20 - Heather did not show up for her shift at work. Wednesday and Thursday may have been her days off.

So, if I have any of that correct, I'm seeing this as an abduction.

Thank you for chiming in with your analysis, Truth. I share your concerns regarding Heather's situation. It has me worried for her in ways I can't even describe with words. So, I have to DO something, even though I am thousands of miles away. Otherwise, I will lose my marbles :headbang:

Since you've had time to take a look at thread #1, would you mind reviewing the maps that have been posted so far?

I've posted a few (more like repost from other WSers, with added Locations) that have 5-6 points of interest. I'd appreciate your (and others') input regarding additional points to add, as I'm working on an updated map now.

I know we need to be sure be careful to add places that are "known" (i.e., not violate TOS).

Please give your feedback. The new map will have text labels, so the more info from everyone, the better. TIA!

#FindHeatherElvis

Using Tapatalk - now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members