Last time TH was seen.

ScarlettScarpetta

When the going gets tough, drink coffee
Reaction score
Do we have a time and witness for the very last time TH was seen by anyone? or with anyone?

I believe that the 3 am time is about the last we have. At that time, the searchers went home to catch a couple of hours' sleep (until sunrise). Remember, because of some sort of glitch, the police weren't actively looking for the boys during this time frame, either. (For some reason, the 11 to 7 shift wasn't aware of the missing boys.) So, once people were asleep, it would be easy for TH to sneak out, unobserved, to do whatever he wanted with impunity.

We mustn't forget Slater's affidavit though.
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/j_slater_affidavit.html
He was present in the woods around 5 to 5.30 a.m.

11. At the time Lt. Boskey and I searched that area, the bodies of the victims were not present in the ditch.

12. If the bodies had been present at the time we searched the area, I am confident that we would have located them. We were thoroughly examining every part of the area, including every part of the ditch feeding into the bayou, and were assisted by our heavy-duty flashlights and the fact that some predawn light was available.

That may or may not have been the case. I've seen this argued elsewhere. But surely he was at least in the woods at that time. So that would give a window of roughly two hours between the different searches.

We mustn't forget Slater's affidavit though.
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/j_slater_affidavit.html
He was present in the woods around 5 to 5.30 a.m.

Quote:
11. At the time Lt. Boskey and I searched that area, the bodies of the victims were not present in the ditch.

12. If the bodies had been present at the time we searched the area, I am confident that we would have located them. We were thoroughly examining every part of the area, including every part of the ditch feeding into the bayou, and were assisted by our heavy-duty flashlights and the fact that some predawn light was available.

That may or may not have been the case. I've seen this argued elsewhere. But surely he was at least in the woods at that time. So that would give a window of roughly two hours between the different searches.

I believe that the police search was renewed at about sunrise (5 or 5:30 am). In fact, that's what the linked affidavit states. So, the boys' bodies would have had to have been moved to the discovery site after the search by Slater and Bosky. Although that's a bit tricky, if the killer was aware of where the searchers were at all times, I don't think it would have been impossible. In fact, once the discovery ditch had been searched and turned up empty, it became an ideal place for the bodies. I can't recall anyone who was with TH from sunrise until the parents went to the school (around 8 am) to see if the boys showed up there. With Pam's parents in town and Jacoby (supposedly) at work, what is TH's alibi for that time frame? He didn't go to work. Did he search by himself yet again?

I believe that the police search was renewed at about sunrise (5 or 5:30 am). In fact, that's what the linked affidavit states. So, the boys' bodies would have had to have been moved to the discovery site after the search by Slater and Bosky. Although that's a bit tricky, if the killer was aware of where the searchers were at all times, I don't think it would have been impossible. In fact, once the discovery ditch had been searched and turned up empty, it became an ideal place for the bodies. I can't recall anyone who was with TH from sunrise until the parents went to the school (around 8 am) to see if the boys showed up there. With Pam's parents in town and Jacoby (supposedly) at work, what is TH's alibi for that time frame? He didn't go to work. Did he search by himself yet again?

Yes, I agree completely about that and I can't recall anything about TH's whereabouts in the early hours of the morning either.

Are you guys still on the ManHole Theory and turtle bites or have you left that one yet?

I'm thinking more before the kids are missing. I want to kind the last time he was seen while the children were alive and who saw him immediately after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, Pam claimed that he got home from work at about 4 pm while he put the time closer to 4:30. At 4:45, he took Pam to work. After that time, his version of events is decidedly different from what others say. He doesn't recall the guitar-playing session with Jacoby. He only claims to have searched for Steven from 5 pm until he went to pick up Pam. The Jacoby deposition and the Clark/Ballard statements tell a different tale, however. It's all a matter of who one chooses to believe.

There's also confusion about where Amanda was during some of the time. TH, again, claims a faulty memory. Jacoby claims that she stayed with him and Bobbye when TH was searching, etc. The Clark/Ballard statements claim that Amanda was in the driveway on her tricycle when TH yelled at the boys to return to the house. TH denies seeing the boys at all.

Then, there's the confusion over times when TH met with Dana Moore and JMB. IIRC, Dana and JMB put this meeting at around 8:30 while TH claims it occurred earlier, at around 6 or 6:30, IIRC. The Jacoby statement would more or less discredit a 6 pm meeting, and the Clark/Ballard statements discredit a 6:30 meeting. Again, it's simply a matter of who one believes. After 6:30, I don't believe we have any corroboration for TH's whereabouts except for his own statements, which tend to change quite a bit.

IIRC, Pam claimed that he got home from work at about 4 pm while he put the time closer to 4:30. At 4:45, he took Pam to work. After that time, his version of events is decidedly different from what others say. He doesn't recall the guitar-playing session with Jacoby. He only claims to have searched for Steven from 5 pm until he went to pick up Pam. The Jacoby deposition and the Clark/Ballard statements tell a different tale, however. It's all a matter of who one chooses to believe.

There's also confusion about where Amanda was during some of the time. TH, again, claims a faulty memory. Jacoby claims that she stayed with him and Bobbye when TH was searching, etc. The Clark/Ballard statements claim that Amanda was in the driveway on her tricycle when TH yelled at the boys to return to the house. TH denies seeing the boys at all.

Then, there's the confusion over times when TH met with Dana Moore and JMB. IIRC, Dana and JMB put this meeting at around 8:30 while TH claims it occurred earlier, at around 6 or 6:30, IIRC. The Jacoby statement would more or less discredit a 6 pm meeting, and the Clark/Ballard statements discredit a 6:30 meeting. Again, it's simply a matter of who one believes. After 6:30, I don't believe we have any corroboration for TH's whereabouts except for his own statements, which tend to change quite a bit.

Thank you for sorting that and putting it all in one post.
From my recollections of the facts that I has from Pam and Jacobs, I already knew he was not being truthful.

Why this man has not be fully investigated is criminal in itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back