1170 users online (223 members and 947 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

UT - Kiplyn Davis, 15, Spanish Fork, 2 May 1995

Ten years ago a high school sophomore from Spanish Fork, UT disappeared. There have been no updates in the case....till now. I'm curious, has anyone even heard about this case?

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600130287,00.html
    Jaybird

yes, I had heard of this case before. I seem to recall that she went missing either right after school, or actually during school, like in between classes. I can't remember exactly..

It's VERY strange how quiet people were about her disappearance - and the possibility that her body's been found.

Really, how odd that they were hinting that several at the high school knew what happened to her and never spoke up. I guess it happens, but seems odd when it does.

And the last quote, about Warner declining to comment whether her body's been found - apparently if she's been found, the dad himself hasn't been told.

Sounds strange. What an awful situation all round.

Here's another article - they're calling the suspicious guy "U.P.", for "unnamed person", and yet they're fully naming the guy who's lying to provide an alibi for U.P. Why? Why name an assumed innocent man, (who did lie, though) and not name someone who's certainly a "person of interest" in this case? Who is he, that they're trying so hard to hide his identity, to the point of not pursuing this girl's disappearance for a decade?

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_2698617

edited to add: what a truly grisly picture, too, at this link. The faces are distorted, but the actual subject of the photo, with the doll . . . is grisly. How sad.

I moved to Spanish Fork three years after Kiplyn disappeared. As a student at the same high school, I was suprised that nobody seemed as interested in the case as I was. That said, it does seem like a lot of people knew more than they were willing to talk about. Truly is a very strange, heartbreaking case. The stories I heard when I asked around was that the SFPD had a "person of interest" all along, but had no evidence to bring him in. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is....what do they have now that they didn't have before?
    Jaybird

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird
    I moved to Spanish Fork three years after Kiplyn disappeared. As a student at the same high school, I was suprised that nobody seemed as interested in the case as I was. That said, it does seem like a lot of people knew more than they were willing to talk about. Truly is a very strange, heartbreaking case. The stories I heard when I asked around was that the SFPD had a "person of interest" all along, but had no evidence to bring him in. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is....what do they have now that they didn't have before?
    Interesting, Jaybird.

It seems to me like what they have now, that they didn't have before, is evidence that Brunson lied in giving an alibi to the U.P. I think that's the new part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineQ
    Here's another article - they're calling the suspicious guy "U.P.", for "unnamed person", and yet they're fully naming the guy who's lying to provide an alibi for U.P. Why? Why name an assumed innocent man, (who did lie, though) and not name someone who's certainly a "person of interest" in this case? Who is he, that they're trying so hard to hide his identity, to the point of not pursuing this girl's disappearance for a decade?

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_2698617

edited to add: what a truly grisly picture, too, at this link. The faces are distorted, but the actual subject of the photo, with the doll . . . is grisly. How sad.
    i was thinking the same thing. it would be intersting to know if anyone important in the community had a son who was at their high school during that time.

i am assuming son instead of daughter bc of the shingles comment.

Brunson released

http://www.harktheherald.com/modules...rder=0&thold=0

now this is interseting...maybe i missed this in one of the previous articles...which is def possible...but it says there are 2 unidentified persons.

New update!!

Another big break in the case!

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600155272,00.html

Praying this gets solved!
    Jaybird

UT-1995 Kiplyn Davis-2nd Man Arrested

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600155272,00.html

A second man has been arrested in the disappearance of Kiplyn Davis after his indictment on charges of lying to a grand jury and to an FBI agent.
    Court documents indicate the 15-year-old Spanish Fork resident may have been murdered...
    In a case that has gone unsolved for more than 10 years, federal prosecutors are turning up the heat on a group of former teens who either knew Davis or knew her associates, and who may have information about her disappearance in 1995.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 02-14-2010 at 12:08 PM.

There is a typo later in the article... she disapeared in 1995 NOT 2005

I remember a reference to this during the ES case.
    I am so glad that something is happening in this case.
    Thanks for the links.
    It is frightening to think that this happened at school. At least the abduction or luring away part happened at school.

Two years after a Spanish Fork teenager disappeared in 1995, two men allegedly made a chilling request to a friend.
    "We need some help," they said. "We need to move a body."
    That evidence, revealed to investigators for the first time last week, could help solve the mystery of what happened to Kiplyn Davis, who vanished a decade ago. While her father is relieved the family is closer to bringing Kiplyn home, he also feels additional pain.
    http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2948117
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Two years after a Spanish Fork teenager disappeared in 1995, two men allegedly made a chilling request to a friend.
    "We need some help," they said. "We need to move a body."
    That evidence, revealed to investigators for the first time last week, could help solve the mystery of what happened to Kiplyn Davis, who vanished a decade ago. While her father is relieved the family is closer to bringing Kiplyn home, he also feels additional pain.
    http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2948117
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

The town (Spanish Fork, Utah) is going CRAZY!! Lots of rumors flying everywhere...I can't wait until this case is finally solved and Kiplyn gets a proper burial. I hope the Davises will finally get the justice, the peace of mind, and the closure they've been denied for 10 years!!
    Jaybird

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast