TX TX - Eliga 'Ray' Ferguson, 56, Palmer, 3 Dec 2013

zwiebel

Reaction score
Oh no. Just saw he was talking to his wife and the call was suddenly cut off. And the trailer was empty. I wonder if the load was a valuable one?

I guess something made him stop and pull over suddenly. If it was while he was on the phone to his wife you'd think he'd mention something though ("hey there's a car in trouble here, I'll call you back" or something). Unless he just lost his signal and then something else happened.

Thanks Ransom, that is really useful but worrying - why in the heck are so many truckers going missing?
I see on the FB there is yet another person who thinks you have to wait 48 hours before reporting a person missing. Sigh.

It's easy money...I work for a major distribution company and we have had our trailers stolen off the lots of another trucking company who was supposed to deliver our goods, they've been stolen off of the lots at truck stops and at restaurants. The worst one was when 4 truck drivers broke onto the trucking company's lot, hooked up to 4 of our trailers, rammed through the gate and took off with all 4 fully loaded trailers worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. One of our trailers was found in West Virginia up in the woods and another trailer had already been painted, covering up the logo. The thieves who have hit us are not stupid. They seem to know which trucking companies are hauling our goods exclusively. A lone trucker is an easy target, especially if he's pulling a trailer that doesn't have a massive logo on it. Once the thieves park the trailer, they can unload the goods with a forklift in a matter of minutes. My father in law is a trucker and I worry about him all the time. I pray Eliga doesn't end up like the trucker they found in somebody's back yard a few years ago.

It seems it isn't even known if Palmer PD have asked Texas Equusearch for help yet. He is not on their website yet. What a shame. They're the best.

I saw Hal Ticknor on there. I so hoped he would be found. His case was so sad.

http://texasequusearch.org/

missing Lufkin truck driver
By Gary Bass

Updated: 12/11/2013 4:52 pm EST

A Silver Alert has been issued for a 56-year-old Lufkin man who went missing in Palmer on Dec. 3. The man's tractor-trailer was found empty with the engine still running.

The Palmer Police Department confirmed that a Silver Alert was issued for Eliga Ray Ferguson Jr.

According to an e-mail from his daughter-in-law, Natasha Meeks, Ferguson was on his way from Houston to drop off a load in Dallas when he stopped at a truck stop in Palmer. Meeks said Ferguson called his wife shortly after he stopped, and the call was cut off in the middle.

"Please help us find him and get him back to our family for Christmas," Meeks said.

When Ferguson's 18-wheeler was found, it was still running, Meeks said. In addition, there was a half-eaten banana in the truck's cab.

Anyone with any information about Ferguson's whereabouts should call the Palmer Police Department at (972) 449-3271 or the Angelina County Sheriff's Office at (936) 634-3331.

This is very odd. As far as i know they still have no leads on him.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/m...d='M1/9/201412:41:12PM'&Person=Missing Person

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 1/9/2014
Eliga Ray Ferguson
Name: Eliga Ray Ferguson
AKA: Ray Ferguson
Case Number: M1401003
Case Type: Involuntary
Last Seen in: Palmer (Ellis County)
Last Seen on: 12/3/2013
Height: 5' 08" Weight: 150 lbs.
Date of Birth: 10/14/1957 Age Missing: 56
Eye Color: Green Hair Color: Blonde
Race: White Sex: Male
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA

Circumstances: Mr. Ferguson has a medium build and was last seen wearing a baseball cap, blue shirt with blue jeans. He is known to wear a goatee and mustache. Mr. Ferguson's tractor trailer was found empty with the engine running.

M1401003.JPG

M1401003b.jpg

http://www.waxahachietx.com/midloth...cle_802c7449-a71b-5ff7-8a6c-dcc87ba9428f.html

Rhonda Weisinger is still waiting for answers about what happened to her husband Eliga Ray Ferguson, who went missing a year ago today...

Weisinger and Ferguson talked for about 90 minutes, she said. Ferguson informed his wife during the call that “people in black SUVs were searching my vehicle,” and he had “a gut feeling that he was going to jail,” she said...

“For the longest, they told me that they had no leads and they were questioning his ex-wife, his kids and all of us. On Nov. 5 of this year, Steven Rayburn called me to let me know that Ranger (Adam) Sweaney out of Waxahachie had called him and told him they had found remains in the area where Ray went missing,” Weisinger said. “He said it would take three to six months before they would find out anything on DNA testing and that is all they knew. Steven said he had not been told that if it was a man, woman or if it was Ray or what. They would not even tell what personal effects were found with the body.”

Thanks Granny for the update. Here's an article from Nov 5 on the discovery.
http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/el...cle_f9638018-928f-5c54-baa6-e06e15018e4b.html
PALMER — The Ellis County Sheriff’s Office is investigating human remains found by hikers Sunday. Deputies were dispatched to a wooded area off of East Campus Road in Palmer.
“I have no reason to believe that they are going to tie into any existing sheriff’s office cases,” Brearley said. “But until the remains are identified through DNA, then it is just a guess where it may come from.”

There's only one truck stop in Palmer that I could find. Here's a map from there to East Campus Road.
http://goo.gl/maps/2VmpW

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/23947
Ray is listed in NamUs now. DNA is completed.

Sad story, just saw it shared on Facebook and went searching for an update. Couldn’t find anything :(

Bumping case up. He's still in NamUs.

Eliga Ray Ferguson Jr. – The Charley Project
ferguson_eliga.jpg ferguson_eliga2.jpg ferguson_eliga3.jpg
Eliga Ferguson, circa 2013

Height and Weight
5'8, 150 pounds

Clothing/Jewelry Description
A blue shirt, blue jeans and a baseball cap.

Distinguishing Characteristics
Caucasian male. Blond hair, green eyes. Ferguson goes by his middle name, Ray. He had a mustache and goatee at the time of his disappearance.

Details of Disappearance
Ferguson was last seen on December 3, 2013. A truck driver, he was on his way from Houston to Dallas to drop off a load when he stopped at a truck stop in Palmer, Texas.

He called his wife from the truck stop and said some people in black SUVs were searching his vehicle and that he thought he might be going to jail. The conversation cut off and Ferguson has never been heard from again. His tractor-trailer was later found, empty and abandoned, with the engine still running and a half-eaten banana in the cab.

Authorities believe Ferguson may have been taken against his will. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
Ellis County Sheriff's Office 972-825-4901

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member