829 users online (124 members and 705 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    331

    Tunnel vision, why was "Amy" overlooked?

    Tunnel vision, it happens a lot. Amy a 14 yo who not only lived near the Ramsey's she attended the same dance studio, was attacked in her home. The perp laid in wait for several hours, sexually assaulted her and was interrupted by the girls mother. The girl was immature for her age, the rumors that it was her boyfriend are not substantiated, nor were the rumors that her mother brought him in. According to the parents she was an immature 14, i can relate because my dd is like that. Her father recognized the similarity but the BPD was not interested. The crime was different because he was caught, plain and simple.


    Interesting link regarding tunnel vision.

    http://www.innocenceproject.org/docs...Vision_WEB.pdf

    Regarding Amy

    http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/...der%20Theories

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    160
    If it was a pedo thing I doubt it was the same perp cause pedos have like a certain range they like and 6 years old and 14 yrs seems too far apart

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    331
    Not always true. Plus if she was immature, she may have been under developed. My dd's bff is 14 but looks much younger. When I was fourteen I looked about 8, tiny, and no boobs, she was dancer, they tend to be on the smaller side. There is example after example of serial rapists and killers victims not having the same mo. That reason alone doesn't warrant not investigating this case, especially if you take in account all the other evidence.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug99 View Post
    Tunnel vision, it happens a lot. Amy a 14 yo who not only lived near the Ramsey's she attended the same dance studio, was attacked in her home. The perp laid in wait for several hours, sexually assaulted her and was interrupted by the girls mother. The girl was immature for her age, the rumors that it was her boyfriend are not substantiated, nor were the rumors that her mother brought him in. According to the parents she was an immature 14, i can relate because my dd is like that. Her father recognized the similarity but the BPD was not interested. The crime was different because he was caught, plain and simple.


    Interesting link regarding tunnel vision.

    http://www.innocenceproject.org/docs...Vision_WEB.pdf

    Regarding Amy

    http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/...der%20Theories
    I have no comment on Amy; I don’t see any connection between that crime and this (jbr) one.

    However, the article that you linked to, “The Problem of Tunnel Vision in Criminal Justice” is important: <quote> Tunnel vision is a well-recognized phenomenon in the criminal justice system. Most of the official inquiries into specific wrongful convictions have noted the role that tunnel vision played in those individual cases of injustice. For example, former Illinois Governor George Ryan’s Commission on Capital Punishment, the Innocence Commission for Virginia, and official Canadian governmental inquiries, among others, have all identified tunnel vision as a significant problem in the cases in which an innocent person was wrongly convicted. <unquote>

    You might find this other article (link below) interesting, “Hard Hearts and Hardened Positions.” It addresses the question of why investigators have persisted in accusing the Ramseys.

    <quote> ...[c]lues to this question can be found in Richards J. Heuer’s chapter on “Why Can't We See What Is There To Be Seen?” in his book Psychology of Intelligence Analysis. Heuer enumerates what he calls “a process of inference in which people construct their own version of reality on the basis of information provided through the five senses.” Heuer articulated the components of this process as follows:

    1) We tend to perceive what we expect to perceive.
    2) Mind-sets tend to be quick to form but resistant to change.
    3) New information is assimilated to existing images.
    4) Initial exposure to blurred or ambiguous stimuli interferes with accurate perception even after more and better information becomes available. (Heuer, chapter 2)

    These categories serve as useful signposts to highlight the mistaken assumptions and tangents taken by the investigators and for that matter, other commentators and interested parties who looked into the JonBenet Ramsey murder. Each of these categories will be amplified later in the paper. <unquote>

    Complete article here: http://tinyurl.com/k4mzsxo
    ...

    AK

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug99 View Post
    Not always true. Plus if she was immature, she may have been under developed. My dd's bff is 14 but looks much younger. When I was fourteen I looked about 8, tiny, and no boobs, she was dancer, they tend to be on the smaller side.
    Amy would have to be seriously underdeveloped to look like a six years old while being fourteen. The pedos who prefer prepubertal children usually do not attack the ones who already hit the puberty.

    And if the perp spend hours in her bedroom, he could easy learn, that Amy was not the preschooler.
    What do you fear most... in the world?
    The possibility that love is not enough
    Twin Peaks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,371
    The crimes are unrelated. Even IF it was IDI, JBR's murder was personal (and, if IDI, it was meant to cause as much emotional harm to the Rams as possible). Amy's attacker was purely a predator.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    652
    IMO these attacks are unrelated. Amy's attacker was just a sicko predator. Thank goodness her mom woke up. I think I speak for most of us here, in that, we want justice for JBR. I don't see how comparing this crime will help the JBR case. It's apples and oranges, imo.
    JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE AND RYLAN


    All posts, unless sourced, are my opinion only and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you!!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,371
    I agree that throwing this crime in the mix really muddies up the already filthy dirty muddy water that this case is. It's a strawman that has no evidentiary relevance to JBR's murder.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    908
    I was just wondering if "Amy's" attacker was ever caught?
    Was there any DNA evidence found?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Charterhouse View Post
    I was just wondering if "Amy's" attacker was ever caught?
    Was there any DNA evidence found?
    He was never caught and no DNA was found, IIRC. I think maybe some cig butts were found?
    JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE AND RYLAN


    All posts, unless sourced, are my opinion only and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you!!!!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Charterhouse View Post
    I was just wondering if "Amy's" attacker was ever caught?
    Was there any DNA evidence found?
    No and no.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Landonsmom02 View Post
    He was never caught and no DNA was found, IIRC. I think maybe some cig butts were found?
    Which is strange, because why didn't they pull DNA off of used cigarette butts?? I wonder if the butts were even related. JMO

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by pageantmom View Post
    If it was a pedo thing I doubt it was the same perp cause pedos have like a certain range they like and 6 years old and 14 yrs seems too far apart
    Pedophilia doesn't seem to apply to the JBR case, but I don't think it applies to the Amy case either. (To clarify: A "run of the mill" pedophile wouldn't fulfill his desires in the manner that these crimes were committed.)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,233
    Do we have enough information about either of these cases to determine the same perp is responsible for both? No, BUT there is certainly enough information available to determine the possibility exists & it should have been/should be investigated.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    357
    I think that the Amy case is overlooked in regards to the Ramsey case because it is unrelated. The Ramsey murder was personal--very personal--as evidenced by the three page ransom note that contained information only someone with some relation or knowledge of JR would know.

    The Amy case seems like some perv looking to satisfy an urge.

    Also, what evidence was gathered in Amy case?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY TX - Dr. Calvin Day for sexual assault of patient, San Antonio, 2013
    By wfgodot in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 10:02 AM
  2. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM