1343 users online (318 members and 1025 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NY - Sharon Ross, 57, Watertown, 10 Oct 2013

Sharon Ross

Sharon Ross, 57, has been missing now since October 10, 2013. She was last seen in front of her residence, the Olympic Apartments, in downtown Watertown, New York. Ross is a white female, 4' 11", weighing in at 120 lbs., with silver hair and hazel eyes.

Please call Watertown Police Department at 315-782-2233.

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Wat...237948301.html

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story...5#.UsIHBfRDuSo
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

How sad it's been so long!

It's no telling how many more people are missing that we never hear about!!

los2188, I don't know how you're finding all of these, but keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by beachlvr0810 View Post
    It's no telling how many more people are missing that we never hear about!!

los2188, I don't know how you're finding all of these, but keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    beachlvr0810, you have no idea how much I appreciate that. You've just made my day/night. I've been down on myself the past day or so because I've made some factual mistakes on some of these cases and I thought about just not posting for a while. Thank you so very much beachlvr0810.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Los, I think your finding and posting these to help find the missing is wonderful, don't beat yourself up for unintentional mistakes, everybody makes them now and then and your heart is squarely in the right place. I always grin when I open a thread and see your smiling avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by geevee View Post
    Los, I think your finding and posting these to help find the missing is wonderful, don't beat yourself up for unintentional mistakes, everybody makes them now and then and your heart is squarely in the right place. I always grin when I open a thread and see your smiling avatar.
    Thank you so much. I mean that.

I agree with the others and it's so helpful for the families of the missing! Keep up the good work los2188, and I won't nit pick!

Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    I agree with the others and it's so helpful for the families of the missing! Keep up the good work los2188, and I won't nit pick!
    I appreciate that too.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22852/0/
    Status Missing
    First name Sharon
    Middle name A.
    Last name Ross
    Nickname/Alias
    Date last seen October 14, 2013 00:00
    Date entered 12/05/2013
    Age last seen 56 to 56 years old
    Age now 58 years old
    Race White
    Ethnicity Other
    Sex Female
    Height (inches) 59.0
    Weight (pounds) 110.0 to 120.0

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
    DNA Status: Sample available - Not yet submitted
    Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Sharon has been missing for one year now.

You are doing your best los----dont be harsh with yourself---what you are doing matters very much!!!!!!
    The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Three candles that illume every darkness: truth, nature, knowledge.

"There, isn't this a beautiful piece of cloth!", exclaimed the swindlers, as they described the lovely design that didn't exist.

I've said this before, but I sadly believe Sharon may be the UID found in Massena in late August.

Police Still Looking For Woman Missing Since 2013
    Apr 3, 2015 at 4:25 PM EDT

One month after Sharon Ross' 57th birthday, she simply vanished.

"I miss her. I really do, and wondering where she is," said Dawn Baum, a neighbor.

Ross walked everywhere, so Watertown police are searching everywhere, including the Black River area.

"We've talked to everyone who lived in the exact same building as her, any associates she had from the past, roommates, we've talked to family members. Really, we're doing absolutely everything we can to try to find this woman," said Detective Cristin Furhman of the Watertown Police Department.

Police said Ross was last seen in October 2013 near her home at Olympic Apartments at 231 Franklin Street.

"We believe that the last time she was seen was October 10. We're not certain of the date. Kind of like she just disappeared. She was last seen in the building and after that, nobody saw her and we don't know where she went," said Furhman.

Her cousin, Irene LaVancha, said Sharon suffers from schizophrenia.

"Sharon, by now, may not even know who she is. It's been over two years without medicine," said LaVancha.

If you think you see Sharon Ross, call the detective at 315-786-2626.

"When her mother passed away, I promised her mother I would look out for her, but I can't do that if she's not here," said LaVancha.
    Captured from video at link:

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 4.17.59 PM.png

3 Years Later, Search Continues For Missing Watertown Woman

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/3-Y...396985721.html

Three years ago on October 10, 2013, Watertown native Sharon Ross went missing.

"We went in the apartment, we searched everything, the answering machine, everything to see if there was any clue of what happened," said Irene Lavancha, Sharon's cousin. "nothing. Everything was there."

Three years later, the department is still looking for any information about what happened to Ross.

"Even if it's something where they might have thought either it's obvious or it's information that maybe well three years they must have that information by now, we rather have you call and let us decide because you may have some information that we need," said Detective Lieutenant Joe Donoghue of the Watertown Police Department.