710 users online (80 members and 630 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Woman pleads guilty to helping husband fake death

A few weeks after her husband was supposedly burned beyond recognition in a car wreck, Molly Daniels introduced her 4-year-old son to her new boyfriend, Jake Gregg.

However, investigators said Gregg looked much like her dead husband, Clayton Wayne Daniels, with his hair dyed black.

Assistant District Attorney Jane Starnes blamed greed for the bizarre case surrounding the Leander couple. She cited a $110,000 life insurance policy taken out two years before the wreck

Defense lawyer Thomas Vasquez said that Molly Daniels did it for her children, ages 4 and 1. Vasquez said that at the time, Clayton Daniels was soon to have begun serving a jail sentence for sex crimes involving children, and the terms of his sentence would not allow contact with his children.

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Fort Worth, Texas
    I can't believe they couldn't tell the difference between a female corpse and a male corpse. I was not a big fan of biology classes and let most of the information go as soon as class was over, but aren't there differences in the bones of a female and the bones of a male? Like a "missing" rib?

Fort Worth, Texas
    Woman sentenced for using corpse in fraud

GEORGETOWN -- A woman who admitted helping her husband dig up a corpse and use it to fake his death in a fiery staged car accident was sentenced to 20 years in prison Thursday.

more at link

From the Fort Worth Star Telegram