Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
25KHeatherBW-1_zps6ce27413.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

We do not have a person of interest or suspect named in this case by law enforcement. Sleuthing anyone and posting on Websleuths is not allowed unless or until someone is named by law enforcement, this includes public sites showing addresses etc. This also includes family.

We are a victim friendly site and this includes family and friends. No bashing of anyone. No sleuthing or discussing anyone in a suspect manner unless we have a suspect named.

Rumor is not allowed, you can discuss and speculate about anything we already know thru law enforcement and main stream media.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Please continue here...

Well, we have good news for Rachel P...and hopefully, a family somewhere will get resolution soon.

Since this is Heather Elvis' thread - unfortunately the third one - let's focus and bring her HOME!

Not to take away from this case. Just wondering what case on here has the all time high in views and post?

Well, we have good news for Rachel P...and hopefully, a family somewhere will get resolution soon.

Since this is Heather Elvis' thread - unfortunately the third one - let's focus and bring her HOME!

Charlie J. I responded to your post on page 40 of the old thread. Just some ideas. Any thoughts on when another search will be? Any idea if any major media outlets are picking up Heather's disappearance?

I hope Heather's dad will continue to stay in the media, that seems to be a major factor that tugs on everyones heart strings. I've heard Dawn Drexel has been helping the Elvis family, I dont know where she gets her strength.

Charlie J. I responded to your post on page 40 of the old thread. Just some ideas. Any thoughts on when another search will be? Any idea if any major media outlets are picking up Heather's disappearance?

I hope Heather's dad will continue to stay in the media, that seems to be a major factor that tugs on everyones heart strings. I've heard Dawn Drexel has been helping the Elvis family, I dont know where she gets her strength.

Salute to 'National Fox News'.. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/3...g-south-carolina-women-while-police-discover/

Search intensifies for 2 missing South Carolina women, while police discover human skeletal remains
By Cristina CorbinPublished December 30, 2013

They could check the local car washes or detail shops to see if anyone brought their car in after HE disappeared. Maybe even just sold a car or truck recently or junked one. Just some thoughts

They could check the local car washes or detail shops to see if anyone brought their car in after HE disappeared. Maybe even just sold a car or truck recently or junked one. Just some thoughts

Good idea....and also local clinics, emergency wards, or doctors to assess if someone came in with what could be considered defensive wounds (like in the Mickey Shun*ck case; may she rest in peace).

Good idea....and also local clinics, emergency wards, or doctors to assess if someone came in with what could be considered defensive wounds (like in the Mickey Shun*ck case; may she rest in peace).

Agreed.

Also employers should see if any of their employees called off or didn't show up for work the next day or a few days after.

Hello everyone! Another local here. I've been keeping tabs on forums for a few days, then signed up and had to wait for approval to post. Just a few things:

- Someone mentioned alligators in relation to the boat landing/swamp area. At this time of year the vast majority (99%) of the local gator population migrates about 70 miles northeast to the waters outside of the Brunswick Nuclear Plant. This is because the plant keeps the water temperature there steadily warm all year round. Of course, with the strange weather we've been having who knows if one or two got caught still down here.

- Also in regards to the focus on the water, I think it's two fold. For one thing, the colder water temperatures will cause it to take longer for any possible remains to return to surface. Also would preserve some evidence longer than if the water was warm and the wildlife more active. Additionally there are lots of places to get snagged and stuck under there. However I also think that perhaps the focus on the water is for a reason that has nothing to do with her physically being in the water.

- Combining the abnormal focus on the water, the strange wording in some press, the period of time shortly after her disappearance where it seemed "dropped." I think they have something and are trying to expand it to something more. I also think that we ruined their Plan A to get answers by being so relentless and supportive (which is also a good thing don't get me wrong) so now they're on Plan B.

- Ironically the news just came on with a story regarding this case and Jaime's. They're talking with the Independent Search Group that found the remains, and about where they worked today. They searched Ronald McNair Blvd. which is directly across from Burcale Rd. and is near HE's residence and where JC was last seen.

All of this is of course, MOO. Well except that last bit, that's paraphrasing from literally what I was hearing right then on WMBF news at 6.

The first thing anyone should do when their approach by any car that their meeting someone in or getting help from his text or write the license plate number down and hide it in their car or text it out. It takes 2 seconds and can be done with a quick glimpse. Sorry not j

The first thing anyone should do when their approach by any car that their meeting someone in or getting help from his text or write the license plate number down and hide it in their car or text it out. It takes 2 seconds and can be done with a quick glimpse. Sorry not j

Maybe even take a pic with your phone's camera---it might even deter any bad intentions?

I see we have our thinking-caps on tonight, don't we, jkloc?! :seeya:

Quoting from thread 2...

"Still think its odd I don't see any comments from him regarding Heather. Maybe he'll do that soon, or maybe he already has but his words are secure & hidden.

I love some of his concepts. Some photos are thought provoking. He captures a mood, which is sometimes hard to do when a model over-poses lol. Somehow he shows feeling coming through the pictures. Don't know why he's on MM. He seems better than that. Maybe it's for the connections?"

I know the photographer you're asking about personally & actually worked w/ him at a car dealership in 2006 for about a year. That's his real name & he literally takes TONS of people for all different types of businesses and events so it wouldn't be all that unusual for him not to really know her on a personal level or be friends with her on social media sites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! Another local here. I've been keeping tabs on forums for a few days, then signed up and had to wait for approval to post. Just a few things:

- Someone mentioned alligators in relation to the boat landing/swamp area. At this time of year the vast majority (99%) of the local gator population migrates about 70 miles northeast to the waters outside of the Brunswick Nuclear Plant. This is because the plant keeps the water temperature there steadily warm all year round. Of course, with the strange weather we've been having who knows if one or two got caught still down here.

- Also in regards to the focus on the water, I think it's two fold. For one thing, the colder water temperatures will cause it to take longer for any possible remains to return to surface. Also would preserve some evidence longer than if the water was warm and the wildlife more active. Additionally there are lots of places to get snagged and stuck under there. However I also think that perhaps the focus on the water is for a reason that has nothing to do with her physically being in the water.

- Combining the abnormal focus on the water, the strange wording in some press, the period of time shortly after her disappearance where it seemed "dropped." I think they have something and are trying to expand it to something more. I also think that we ruined their Plan A to get answers by being so relentless and supportive (which is also a good thing don't get me wrong) so now they're on Plan B.

- Ironically the news just came on with a story regarding this case and Jaime's. They're talking with the Independent Search Group that found the remains, and about where they worked today. They searched Ronald McNair Blvd. which is directly across from Burcale Rd. and is near HE's residence and where JC was last seen.

All of this is of course, MOO. Well except that last bit, that's paraphrasing from literally what I was hearing right then on WMBF news at 6.

:wagon: :goodpost:

Great comments. Thanks for joining in, CarolinaAsh!

Have a Healthy and Happy New Year All.........till 2014

One area that searchers may want to think about is Legends Drive, it's not far from River Oaks Drive where HE lives. It's been a couple years since I've been back there but it's a very long wooded road. There are homes in there and condos, the condos looked vacant except during golf season. Just a thought but I remember when I was looking to buy a house that I wouldn't want to have a flat tire and have to walk that road alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain