Court orders sale of Steven Powell house to pay debt

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
Sometimes karma taps you on the shoulder and says here I am. Your neighbors don't have to worry about you coming back when you get out of prison, or you taking nude pictures of their children anymore.

"In 2011, West Valley police traveled to Powell's Puyallup house to serve a search warrant in connection to the investigation of Powell's missing daughter-in-law, Susan Cox Powell. A month later, evidence collected from the house led to Steven Powell's arrest. Police say they found about 2,000 photographs of young children, mostly young girls and many in partial states of undress. Many of the pictures were taken while Powell was in his house looking out his window to the street or into neighbor's windows."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-sale-of-Steven-Powell-house-to-pay-debt.html

I have a bad feeling that a 'josh move' will be pulled and this house will be torched. Those poor neighbors. IMHO

I have a bad feeling that a 'josh move' will be pulled and this house will be torched. Those poor neighbors. IMHO
I hope not, but think it should be knocked down and rebuilt. Who would want to live there as is?

You know, it would not surprise me. Old Man Powell can't do it since he is still in prison, but one of his remaining kids certainly could. They will be homeless soon, and I do not think either has a job or any means of support.

Which brings me to wonder the status of the insurance proceeds lawsuit. Any news on that? I imagine Powell and his kids are really depending on winning the suit so they can get their hands on that money. I hope the judge does the right thing and gives it all to the Coxes. They certainly deserve it after everything they have been through.

How are they living anyway (financially speaking)?

If Alina doesn't work...

Does the brother with schizophrenia get social security disability checks?

Is their mom Terrica Powell (who is divorced from Steven) still living with Alina & the other brother? (In Josh's other sister Jennifer Graves's book, she says Terrica moved back in with Steven & the kids after all this stuff happened with Josh even though she had been abused in the marriage that she ended.) Does Terrica work?

How are they living anyway (financially speaking)?

If Alina doesn't work...

Does the brother with schizophrenia get social security disability checks?

Is their mom Terrica Powell (who is divorced from Steven) still living with Alina & the other brother? (In Josh's other sister Jennifer Graves's book, she says Terrica moved back in with Steven & the kids after all this stuff happened with Josh even though she had been abused in the marriage that she ended.) Does Terrica work?

I think Terrica must be close to the age where she can start collecting social security. Maybe she has that. The son probably is on SSA and SSI and the sister--maybe she gets some kind of government funding for taking care of her brother? Dad might be collecting SS and using it to make the house payments. Probably has his government pension as well. Even if the house is sold, Dad won't be "homeless." He can rent a house out away from people.

I think Terrica must be close to the age where she can start collecting social security. Maybe she has that. The son probably is on SSA and SSI and the sister--maybe she gets some kind of government funding for taking care of her brother? Dad might be collecting SS and using it to make the house payments. Probably has his government pension as well. Even if the house is sold, Dad won't be "homeless." He can rent a house out away from people.

BBM

That would be safer than what seems to be a new family tradition.

Hope he doesn't play with matches or axes, or get near tall buildings, for that matter.

Steven Powell's house apparently will go on the auction block next week.

Saying he didn't present any valid arguments, a Pierce County Superior Court judge has denied all of Powell's motions
to have the $1.8 million civil judgment against him dismissed, thus stopping the sale of his house.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=28523012#sDhTI4quPa8feBZq.99

All I can think of is who would want it? But then I wonder if someone would find something there to implicate him in Susan's death.

If I bought that house, first thing I would do is explore the crawl space and dig up the whole back yard. Just for peace of mind.

I can not remember now who it is, but I remember a case that some one moved into a house and found pictures or film under the carpet or in vents of a murder...

Well, they did do some digging in the back yard, but remember Ward Weaver?

Ward stood on the 'hot tub pad'. Time to start looking at video of steven, in the yard, at the house. Also looking at the kid's volcanoes wouldn't hurt.

I can not remember now who it is, but I remember a case that some one moved into a house and found pictures or film under the carpet or in vents of a murder...

Was that the case where the murdered woman had taken pics of herself with bruises from domestic violence and hid the film and the next homeowner found it? I may be misremembering.

Was that the case where the murdered woman had taken pics of herself with bruises from domestic violence and hid the film and the next homeowner found it? I may be misremembering.

I don't think so. I swear it was a guy who had the house, Some how someone he knew went missing and they found pictures of her in the house in a vent covered by a carpet when they redid the floors..

I know it was 20/20 or dateline or something I saw it on..

I hate when I can not remember!!

I don't think so. I swear it was a guy who had the house, Some how someone he knew went missing and they found pictures of her in the house in a vent covered by a carpet when they redid the floors..

I know it was 20/20 or dateline or something I saw it on..

I hate when I can not remember!!

I know which case you are talking about, but don't remember the names. A man went on trial for killing someone, was acquitted, then later undeveloped film of him and a woman doing the killing and posing with the body were found hidden in the house by the new tenants. Of course, he couldn't be re-tried. Justice denied.

I know which case you are talking about, but don't remember the names. A man went on trial for killing someone, was acquitted, then later undeveloped film of him and a woman doing the killing and posing with the body were found hidden in the house by the new tenants. Of course, he couldn't be re-tried. Justice denied.

YES!!! Thanks..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back