GUILTY OK - Marshall Dent, 27, found in shallow grave near Meeker, 23 Dec 2013

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Marshall Scott Dent
AR-131239955.jpg&MaxW=315&MaxH=315

Marshall Scott Dent is a 27 year old male who has been missing since the night of December 23rd, 2013. Dent lives at home with his mother. She stated that he left his personal belongings when he left. Dent is also the father of a 7 year old son. He hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Please call Shawnee police at (405) 273-2121 or the Crimestoppers line, (405) 273-0989.

Read more: http://www.news-star.com/article/20131231/NEWS/131239955/2000#ixzz2p6GzyFQc

I just can't take anymore of this tonight...here we are, just hours away from starting a brand new year and the amount of missing people is staggering! Too many families grieving, too many lives shattered, too much heartache for me to deal with right now. I think I'll stay off WS for awhile and pray.

Shawnee police continue search for missing man

His mother, Pam Dent, remains worried about his safety after he didn’t come home for Christmas and hasn’t been seen since the night of Dec. 23. Shawnee Police Detective Jason Crouch said Dent was last seen at a home in Shawnee...

Pam Dent said her son, who lives at her home, doesn’t have any personal belongings with him. She said he even left his wallet at home. While she said her son does have some problems, it isn’t like him to disappear.

I just can't take anymore of this tonight...here we are, just hours away from starting a brand new year and the amount of missing people is staggering! Too many families grieving, too many lives shattered, too much heartache for me to deal with right now. I think I'll stay off WS for awhile and pray.

I can relate to how you feel. Not that long ago, I remember logging in and seeing only a few 'new' cases, and very little new information on recent ones. And I hardly ever had to go to the second page. Now the first page doesn't come close to having all the active cases on it, and the second page is full of recent posts. It takes me an hour to 'catch up' on everything.

So sad to see so many missing people, especially kids. I don't know what's wrong with people these days. This world is becoming a scary place!

Hope this case is solved quickly. Sounds like someone may have gave them info that lead to them finding the buried body.

New information Wednesday night on the discovery of a body, buried in a field near the town of Meeker. Investigators with at least 4 different agencies are on the scene near Hazel Dell and Crosslin, just east of Highway 18.

http://www.news9.com/story/24464968/body-found-in-rural-area-near-meeker

http://www.news9.com/story/24475781/convicted-felon-could-have-connection-to-missing-shawnee-man

The medical examiner has yet to make a positive identification on the body. But we have learned a convicted felon, who is back in jail, may have something to do with the disappearance...

Walker was convicted of first-degree manslaughter and sentenced to 15 years in prison for stabbing and killing a man back in 1994. He was released in 2005, but went back to prison two more times for Assault and battery.

Now he's back in jail again, after being arrested and accused of trying to stab three people and hurting two of them. He faces a long list of charges, including assault and battery, carrying a concealed weapon and endangering others while eluding police.

http://www.news-star.com/article/20150928/NEWS/150929738

More than two years after a local man disappeared and his body was found on Sac and Fox Nation tribal land, a federal murder indictment has been filed and is now unsealed.

The case involves the death of Marshall Scott Dent, who was 27 years old when he was reported missing on Dec. 23, 2013.

The indictment lists George Edmond Walker, 38, and Anne Marie Johnson, 37, as defendants.

Walker faces indictment on charges of murder in the second degree, possession of a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence and being a felon in possession of a firearm. He is accused of beating and striking Dent with his fists, feet and a firearm, the filing reads.

Johnson is charged with accessory after the fact, with the grand jury alleging she assisted Walker in order to hinder and prevent his apprehension, trial and punishment.

From last month:

Suspect sentenced in murder of Shawnee man

http://www.news-star.com/news/20161220/suspect-sentenced-in-murder-of-shawnee-man

Nearly three years after a man's body was found on tribal land near Shawnee, the suspect facing a second-degree murder indictment in the homicide has been sentenced to a 20-year federal prison term.

George Edmond Walker, 39, appeared in federal court in Oklahoma City Tuesday and received a sentence of 240 months - 20 years - in the death of Marshall Scott Dent. Dent was 27 years old when he was reported missing to Shawnee police on Dec. 23, 2013.

Dent's aunt, Nanette Hazelwood, who said it's been an excruciating three years for the family, said while they were relieved after Tuesday's sentencing, it was an emotional day. She, along with three other relatives, including Dent's mother, provided victim impact statements to the judge, she said.

Walker, who is already incarcerated with the Department of Corrections, has been serving a prison sentence since last year for other charges out of Pottawatomie County. He began serving the latest Pottawatomie County sentence for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon - a 40-year prison term - on Dec. 6 and it ends in 2056.

Walker will first serve the 40-year sentence from Pottawatomie County and then will begin serving the consecutive federal sentence of 20 years.

Anne Marie Johnson was charged with accessory after the fact, with the grand jury alleging she assisted Walker in order to hinder and prevent his apprehension, trial and punishment. She has pleaded guilty in the case and her sentencing is scheduled in January.

After sentencing, more details released in 2013 death

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdok/pr/shawnee-woman-sentenced-serve-14-months-prison-covering-manslaughter-indian-land

Anne Marie Johnson, 38, of Shawnee, Oklahoma, was sentenced yesterday by United States District Court Judge Vicki Miles-LaGrange to serve 14 months in federal prison for misprision of a felony for her role in the manslaughter of Marshall Scott Dent committed on Indian land, announced Mark A. Yancey, United States Attorney for the Western District of Oklahoma.

On September 13, 2016, Johnson pled guilty to misprision of a felony because she had knowledge about the killing but failed to report it to law enforcement. Yesterday, Johnson was sentenced to serve 14 months in federal prison, to be followed by 12 months of supervised release.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back