1057 users online (208 members and 849 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Recreational Marijuana For Sale in Colorado

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...a3b_story.html

"Marijuana sales commence in Colorado for recreational use"

"The first-in-the-nation law was greeted with long lines at retailers and a lot of “Rocky Mountain High” jokes. But beyond the buzz, the measure represented the institution of a major new public policy in America — one that opponents fear will turn the state into a dangerous land of debauchery and that backers hope sets a nationwide precedent."

"If Colorado is able to successfully legalize marijuana without causing a social backlash, the tourism, tax and other considerations are likely to compel several other states to quickly follow suit."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ealing-it.html

"Colorado replaces 'Mile 420' sign with 'Mile 419.9' sign because marijuana enthusiasts keep stealing it"

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1571166

"Colorado tourism quickly embraces the legalization of recreational marijuana"

So if you smoke it in Colorado where it's legal, then go home and get hit with a drug test where it's not legal, can you get in trouble?
    <Click on User CP>
    Scroll down and on the left
    <Click on Edit Ignore List>
    In add a Member to your list
    <start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
    <Click on OKay>

IF WE COOK IT THEY WILL COME!

Quote Originally Posted by lisalei321 View Post
    So if you smoke it in Colorado where it's legal, then go home and get hit with a drug test where it's not legal, can you get in trouble?
    It's not really so much as having the substance in your system- it's more so to deal with the actual possession of the substance. For example, if you were to smoke in Colorado, and then come back to your home state where it isn't legal, you would not be in any trouble with your state government whatsoever.

Of course, if you were to be drug tested via your workplace, you would face the same repercussions as always. So if you were to fail a drug test through your career, you would not face any legal consequences due to the fact that the drug test results are confidential between you and your employer. Usually, the consequence for a positive drug test in the workplace is a termination of said job.

The real "trouble" would stem from bringing back any possession of cannabis. Once you cross state lines, you are no longer in any legal possession of the substance (unless you happen to live in a state with medical marijuana and you are a licensed medical marijuana card member).

Hope that helps answer your question!

This is a 7 min CNN clip from their "Ganja Pot Series." http://youtu.be/P9H0s3-71k0

The remote reporter is enjoying her job way too much during the last 2 minutes. It's a fun watch mostly of senior citizens indulging with the new Colorado laws.

Has there been a poll on here yet?
    What do you folks think?

Quote Originally Posted by janestnycrk4 View Post
    What do you folks think?
    I think its great, all the evidence shows that pot is no worse than alcohol if not far better. Criminal sentences and the black market are both big negatives while legalization allows tax revenue to go up without making a change to allowing children to smoke, that is still illegal as it should be. Just as alcohol is.

Quote Originally Posted by janestnycrk4 View Post
    What do you folks think?
    Oh~snap thinks it is bad stuff! I have a wicked reaction to it. Dr. said paradoxical effect and to never touch it again.
    ??? I get a blood shot brain!

Seems silly to outlaw a weed that grows in the ground.
    I get the whole debate.
    For me it just doesn't matter.
    Imo legal or not people will smoke it.
    In fact I think around 90% of the people I know use it at least a few times a year.
    Me, my dad, my son & one female friend are the only ones I know for SURE don't.
    Guess I should say 96%. lol
    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    ~ my opinion only

I live in Ont. Canada and I just love it. I vaporize and it helps my health issues.

I am hugely pro-legalization of weed on every level. I think a WS poll is a great idea! (and if I knew how to create a poll, I would)
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    I live in Ont. Canada and I just love it. I vaporize and it helps my health issues.
    What is vaporize? Like in a vaporizer? And if so how is that done? tia
    My prayers are for the innocent.

Dallas Cowboys!!!!
    Texas Rangers!!!!

I don't have the right kind of brain chemistry for pot--it makes me anxious and self-conscious. I also can't really drink, seem to have an alcohol intolerance (I get ill, cold sweats/chills about an hour after drinking even on drink). Just not going to make it in substance abuse.

But more power to them. Rather people were sitting at home eating Cheetos and watching tv than out driving drunk.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySifaka View Post
    I think its great, all the evidence shows that pot is no worse than alcohol if not far better. Criminal sentences and the black market are both big negatives while legalization allows tax revenue to go up without making a change to allowing children to smoke, that is still illegal as it should be. Just as alcohol is.
    I used pot while in cancer treatment. Didn't smoke it but made brownies and also made butter.

I was reading yesterday that banks will not allow the dispensaries in Colorado to deposit money, since it is a cash business, because they are concerned the government will charge them. "... fear that federal regulators and law enforcement authorities might punish them, with measures like large fines, for violating prohibitions on money-laundering, among other federal laws and regulations..."

It will be interesting to see what, if any, action the banks will take to change laws so that they can accept the money with out penalty.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/us...-not.html?_r=0

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

News just announced a new retail shop in Carbondale, CO has opened up...a line for blocks of people waiting ever so patiently
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast