1194 users online (219 members and 975 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 234
  1. #1
    los2188's Avatar
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    From Alaska, but living in Arizona
    Posts
    15,549

    UK - Nida Ul-Naseer, 18, Newport S. Wales, 28 Dec 2013

    Nida Ul-Naseer


    Nida Ul-Naseer is an 18 year old girl Newport in South Wales, has not been seen now since December 28th, 2013 at about 8 pm as she was taking out the trash, or rubbish, from her residence. According to her family, this disappearance is highly irregular for Nida and there is concern for her well-being because she doesn't have her medication. Without her medication, she can become anaemic. Search teams thus far have found no clue to her whereabouts.

    Nida has an Asian-Pakistani appearance with long, dark hair. She is 5' 3" with a slim build. Nida was last seen wearing blue jeans and a black top.


    This is a message that was attached to her door at her residence


    Please contact the Gwent Police Department at 101 and quote log number 448 28/12/13 or or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.


    http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/new...south_Newport/
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-25577869
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185
    Her sister (Neela?) has just this minute made an appeal via BBC radio.

    Police are now saying 'there might have been a row' and Nida 'might have stormed off', rather than putting out the rubbish. Sounds like family have changed their story, and I cannot quite see why they would have said Nida was putting out trash when they knew she had run off angry or upset.

    Nida is of Pakistani origin, I believe. If her parents are Pakistani born, this could have been an age where they were seeking to arrange a marriage for her, quite possibly with someone she had never met who lives in rural Pakistan. By her dress, Nida looks quite non-traditional.

    Just saying.

    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...g-teenage-girl
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185
    Police believe she had 'a verbal disagreement' with family. There 'is no evidence' she was picked up. They are 'very concerned for her welfare'.

    She left without her cell or purse.

    She's missed mom's birthday.

    She needs medication to control her anaemia, but family declined to say what condition causes that anaemia.

    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...nida-ul-naseer
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    Her sister (Neela?) has just this minute made an appeal via BBC radio.

    Police are now saying 'there might have been a row' and Nida 'might have stormed off', rather than putting out the rubbish. Sounds like family have changed their story, and I cannot quite see why they would have said Nida was putting out trash when they knew she had run off angry or upset.

    Nida is of Pakistani origin, I believe. If her parents are Pakistani born, this could have been an age where they were seeking to arrange a marriage for her, quite possibly with someone she had never met who lives in rural Pakistan. By her dress, Nida looks quite non-traditional.

    Just saying.

    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...g-teenage-girl
    Thanks, those were my first thoughts too.

    Seems likely that there might be a better outcome if she has stormed off after a family row, rather than disappearing after putting out the rubbish.

    But I am still concerned about the family changing the initial story. Hoping that was done to cover up their embarrassment that their daughter may have run away after a domestic argument, rather than to cover something else up. Just MOO.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185
    Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Nida Ul-Naseer


    Nida Ul-Naseer is an 18 year old girl Newport in South Wales, has not been seen now since December 28th, 2013 at about 8 pm as she was taking out the trash, or rubbish, from her residence. According to her family, this disappearance is highly irregular for Nida and there is concern for her well-being because she doesn't have her medication. Without her medication, she can become anaemic. Search teams thus far have found no clue to her whereabouts.

    Nida has an Asian-Pakistani appearance with long, dark hair. She is 5' 3" with a slim build. Nida was last seen wearing blue jeans and a black top.


    This is a message that was attached to her door at her residence


    Please contact the Gwent Police Department at 101 and quote log number 448 28/12/13 or or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.


    http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/new...south_Newport/
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-25577869
    Does anyone else find this sign a little odd?
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185
    Nida lives in Linton St, Pill, Newport. Police are conducting extensive searches by the River Ousk, industrial estates etc.

    This article confirms her parents are Pakistani-origin, and they are a family of the Muslim faith. Which may well have zero to do with Nida disappearing. I just mention it because it can sometimes be a source of conflict for a youngster torn between cultures.

    http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/new...south_Newport/
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  7. #7
    los2188's Avatar
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    From Alaska, but living in Arizona
    Posts
    15,549
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    Does anyone else find this sign a little odd?
    I absolutely thought it was a tad askew.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    187
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...r-nida-6467184

    I wonder if there having problems finding cctv footage cos it's the holiday season.
    The article mentions the use of dogs hopefully this might lead to a clue.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185
    At your link slug, the picture of the family home shows a big pile of trash at the house next door and furniture too. I just wonder if that's because the neighbours there have moved and the house is empty? I guess police would have checked with neighbours immediately though.

    I can't recollect seeing the exact time Nida was reported missing. I wonder if she was putting trash out because it was due for collection the next day, and if she was reported missing before or after it was collected?
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185
    Police have been conducting extensive mounted and foot searches, all in the area around Nida's home. It seems like they don't think she has gone far, and they certainly don't think she left voluntarily. I wish we could hear what Nida's friends have to say about her disappearance.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-25577869

    http://www.meramirpur.com/teenage-gi...uth-wales.html

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...e-girl-2985029

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25594535
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185
    Here are her friends I guess. It's a pain to find FBs for people when the news articles don't mention them, especially when you're not on FB. I found Nida's by coming across a local councillor's twitter feed. Coincidentally, he also seems to have been receiving complaints about rubbish/trash outside homes recently, so it sounds like the pile outside Nida's neighbour's is not unusual.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/Alex_Shaf...44678625034240

    Here's her missing FB. I'm so glad someone has done this for her.
    https://www.facebook.com/FindNida
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    At your link slug, the picture of the family home shows a big pile of trash at the house next door and furniture too. I just wonder if that's because the neighbours there have moved and the house is empty? I guess police would have checked with neighbours immediately though.

    I can't recollect seeing the exact time Nida was reported missing. I wonder if she was putting trash out because it was due for collection the next day, and if she was reported missing before or after it was collected?
    I dunno what the waste collection was doing in s.wales but the 28th was the saturday so unlikely that there would be a collection on the sunday but as different areas vary it's possible.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    42
    http://www.itv.com/daybreak scroll down page for interview with Father as well as sister. She left home without any shoes?!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    491
    Can you smell that?

    Its the acrid whiff of hink.

    You cannot unsee what has been seen,
    You cannot unhear what has been heard

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185
    Did you manage to view that in Australia, madamhdivision? It won't let me view because of my location and I'm in Europe!

    Can anyone elaborate on the no shoes?......I'm going to check the weather that day because I think it was raining and therefore even less likely she would put out the trash shoeless.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY UK - Jessica Watkins, 21, found murdered, Newport, Wales, 4 May 2014
    By zwiebel in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2015, 03:07 AM
  2. GUILTY UK - Nikitta Grender, 19, pregnant, raped & murdered, Newport, Wales, 5 Feb 2011
    By Alisia Dragoon in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-07-2015, 04:50 AM
  3. Found Deceased UK - Ben Thompson, 34, Cardiff, Wales, 2 Feb 2013
    By Redgoblin in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 11:19 AM
  4. GUILTY UK - Zoe-Ann David, 4, suffocated, Newport, Wales, 19 June 2009
    By WhyaDuck? in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 10:54 AM