FL - Juan Chavez sentenced to death for '95 murder of 9yo Jimmy Ryce

jblfelines

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.nbc6.net/news/18533155/detail.html?dl=headlineclick
snip
MIAMI -- The mother of a 9-year-old boy whose 1995 murder received national attention has died from a heart attack.

A spokeswoman for Jimmy Ryce's family says his mother, 66-year-old Claudine Ryce, died Wednesday.

A state law bearing the boy's name keeps sexual predators in custody even after they finish their sentences if they are considered a danger.

I had never heard of Jimmy before. What a nightmare for the parents to live through. The only consolation is that she's with Jimmy now; where no one can hurt them again.

20 years is Waaaay too long. Should have checked this guy out back in the 90's.

"TALLAHASSE, Fla. — The man who raped and murdered 9-year-old Jimmy Ryce almost 20 years ago is scheduled to be executed Feb. 12.

Gov. Rick Scott signed a death warrant Thursday for 46-year-old Juan Carlos Chavez, who kidnapped, raped then dismembered the boy on Sept. 11, 1995.

...Lawmakers later passed the Jimmy Ryce Act, which allows the civil commitment of dangerous sexual predators once they have completed their prison terms."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/scott-signs-death-warrant-jimmy-ryces-killer/ncbPf/

Agree, it's been far too long for the parents to wait for justice for Jimmy.

His bill passing is one of the best things that ever happened for child victims in Florida. It was appealed all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court and they upheld it. Now more states have the same law, keeping predators off the streets.

"the civil commitment of dangerous sexual predators once they have completed their prison terms." I think if this worked, there would not be so many repeat offenders. How many times do these creeps get to prove they are a "sexually violent predator" These types will never change!!!!!

This man is an absolute monster and his execution is long overdue. I can't imagine the horror Jimmy experienced and the pain his parents endured. God bless them.

Breaking news, last minute stay again for this killer.

What a shame.

Meant to included this

@nbc6: #BREAKING: AP reporting that last-minute appeals have temporarily delayed the planned execution of Juan Carlos Chavez

What a shame.

They need to forgetaboutit and EXECUTE him NOW!!:mad:

JMHO
fran

WSVN-TV ‏@wsvn 3m
#BREAKING: Juan Carlos Chavez, the man convicted of murdering 9 year old Jimmy Ryce in 1985, was executed at 8:17pm. via @KevinOzebek

I'm profoundly impressed with the dignity and courage Jimmy's parents have shown since this happened. Hopefully their hearts are a tad bit lighter since this monster is no longer on this Earth.

Justice for little Jimmy Rice finally!

I'm proud that little Jimmy tried to escape, as terrified as I'm sure he was. I wish more kidnap victims would try to fight back.

Another crime here is that it took 18 years to execute that . Ridiculous.

Jimmy Ryce's brother Ted will join me on Tricia's True Crime Radio tonight (Sunday) 8 PM Eastern.

You will be amazed at how Jimmy's family took their grief and channeled it into helping others. They formed the Jimmy Ryce Center For Victims Of Predatory Abduction

How Jimmy's loved ones were able to help so many others while dealing with they deep grief will be a story you will not want to miss.

Cathy from CourtChatter.com will update us on the latest from cases like the Michael Dunn case and more.

All you have to do is tonight, (Sunday Feb 23) at 8 PM Eastern is CLICK HERE to listen live.

If you miss the show you can click on the same link and listen at your convenience.

I hope you join us. Jimmy's story needs to be heard so the Jimmy Ryce Center can continue to help others.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back