1426 users online (264 members and 1162 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1037
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655

    AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #12



    MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - A missing person report has been filed with the Mobile Police Department for 19-year-old Brittney Wood.

    Wood's family said, the last they heard, she was going to visit her uncle near the Styx river area.

    http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/loca...-filed-on-teen

    http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/0...359-vi-132971/

    Verified Members in the Brittney Wood case
    BrittsStepMom is verified as Brittney's stepmother
    Zeaux is a verified insider
    One90Proof is a verified insider

    Local Media Links (thank you, gliving)

    www.wkrg.com
    www.local15tv.com
    www.fox10tv.com/
    http://www.al.com/press-register/
    http://www.northmobilepost.com/

    AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*

    AL - Brittney Wood CASE FACTS ONLY **NO DISCUSSION**


    Previous Threads
    Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread#12





    __________________________________________________ _____________
    Last edited by bessie; 01-15-2015 at 02:04 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forum Purgatory
    Posts
    1,007
    i know new cases sadly come in everyday here but Brittney still needs to be found. She still needs her thread to be seen on the first page. She cant just be disappeared like they thought they could do.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyWong* View Post
    i know new cases sadly come in everyday here but Brittney still needs to be found. She still needs her thread to be seen on the first page. She cant just be disappeared like they thought they could do.
    You are so right TobyWong. What I'm looking for are the dates/locations of the trials. Tried to google myself, just not getting to the correct place. Who here can show me up and give a link, pm me a link or tell me exactly what I should be using for search words. All I ever get is municipal courts. I'd like to be able to check the dockets myself, as they do change.

    To be clear, my only interest in the trails would be information regarding Brittney. Also would love other details regarding court, however may have to make phone calls, but if anyone knows if cell video is approved.

    What I *think* may be happening here is we have rehashed so many times that we're all hoping with the trials coming up we can get more details, anything that can trigger a thought regarding Brittney. So we're waiting. Not forgetting.

    To keep Brittney on first page, can we give tips on trial procedures? I am not versed with criminal trials by experience. I don't think I'll be able to attend any in Mobile county, however do plan my best to sit in on those in Baldwin county for Brittney. And while I'm reading all the charges and those charged, I'm not finding which are also in Baldwin.

    Now let me show my ignorance: They have hearings to formally charge a person, a hearing that is pretrial?, and then the actual trail? Correct? Now we are at the actual trail stage?

    For Brittney, from all of us at WS.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    376
    No. You are completely right, TobyWong, no to third page, no to Brittney being/staying disappeared!

    I keep making these little "deals" with myself, as if that would make any difference, I know, but, well, you know, if we find out where Brittney is, and how she got there, I will not take any notice of the sex ring trials. (Focus!)

    Apart from where is Brittney, what is the one question that you would like answered?

    Me, I want to know how much Chessie knows, and how long she has known.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    376
    Willow Knight, we must have been writing at the same time, that is a great idea about the trial tips!

    OT- a few years ago OH and I found ourselves in another capital city, with nothing to do for several hours, and decided to go to a court and watch what happened there. (It was very, very cold and we couldn't face shopping or looking around)

    Anyway, we sat through about 45 mins of the mitigation stage for some guy who had been found guilty of some sort of white collar crime. The area we were sitting was above where all the action was occurring, and of course the defendant had his back to us, so it wasn't until a break in the court procedings that I realised I actually knew the guy, in fact I had gone to High School with him, 25 years earlier, and 800km away. It was my very first time sticking beaking in a court, talk about coincidence!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    20,201
    Wouldn't we all love to be the fly on that wall!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    20,201
    Happy New year my sleuther friends!

    I still say Britt is alive and well!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow Knight View Post
    You are so right TobyWong. What I'm looking for are the dates/locations of the trials. Tried to google myself, just not getting to the correct place. Who here can show me up and give a link, pm me a link or tell me exactly what I should be using for search words. All I ever get is municipal courts. I'd like to be able to check the dockets myself, as they do change.

    To be clear, my only interest in the trails would be information regarding Brittney. Also would love other details regarding court, however may have to make phone calls, but if anyone knows if cell video is approved.

    What I *think* may be happening here is we have rehashed so many times that we're all hoping with the trials coming up we can get more details, anything that can trigger a thought regarding Brittney. So we're waiting. Not forgetting.

    To keep Brittney on first page, can we give tips on trial procedures? I am not versed with criminal trials by experience. I don't think I'll be able to attend any in Mobile county, however do plan my best to sit in on those in Baldwin county for Brittney. And while I'm reading all the charges and those charged, I'm not finding which are also in Baldwin.

    Now let me show my ignorance: They have hearings to formally charge a person, a hearing that is pretrial?, and then the actual trail? Correct? Now we are at the actual trail stage?

    For Brittney, from all of us at WS.
    Baldwin County:
    https://pa.alacourt.com/frmDocketListSearch.aspx?Loc=5

    Mobile County:
    https://pa.alacourt.com/frmDocketListSearch.aspx?Loc=2

    Jennifer Moore has a hearing this morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chatty

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by minusfour View Post
    No. You are completely right, TobyWong, no to third page, no to Brittney being/staying disappeared!

    I keep making these little "deals" with myself, as if that would make any difference, I know, but, well, you know, if we find out where Brittney is, and how she got there, I will not take any notice of the sex ring trials. (Focus!)

    Apart from where is Brittney, what is the one question that you would like answered?

    Me, I want to know how much Chessie knows, and how long she has known.
    Aside from your number one question, I'd like to know whom the cell phone battery belonged to that was in the trunk. And....(just one more), how, who, why it was there.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by minusfour View Post
    Willow Knight, we must have been writing at the same time, that is a great idea about the trial tips!

    OT- a few years ago OH and I found ourselves in another capital city, with nothing to do for several hours, and decided to go to a court and watch what happened there. (It was very, very cold and we couldn't face shopping or looking around)

    Anyway, we sat through about 45 mins of the mitigation stage for some guy who had been found guilty of some sort of white collar crime. The area we were sitting was above where all the action was occurring, and of course the defendant had his back to us, so it wasn't until a break in the court procedings that I realised I actually knew the guy, in fact I had gone to High School with him, 25 years earlier, and 800km away. It was my very first time sticking beaking in a court, talk about coincidence!
    Ok, so basically you can walk into a court room. Now I am sure you first go through when of those security areas. No guns, mace, knives. Wonder on cell phones for texting, if even texting to one self? Tablets? But first I'd have to learn my new Xmas gift. (tablet)

    Here are some other thoughts, what questions are you (generic you) hoping will be asked in court?

    Me. * Where was WWH on Wed night through Thurs AM.
    * Where did WWH go on the morning DH was shot in the head, and how much time passed between last seeing him and when she found him.
    * Why was JM with WWH that early in the morning.

    Brittney, I think we're getting just a little closer. Hold on honey.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    11,515
    Waiting to hear what happened during Jennifer's hearing today. Hope she got the meds she needed and is getting ready for a trial.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
    Waiting to hear what happened during Jennifer's hearing today. Hope she got the meds she needed and is getting ready for a trial.
    This would be a trial that if somebody could stomach it, they could sit through the trial and literally write a book about it. Its so incredibly hard to believe that this many people were all wrapped up in this one way or another.

    I'm hoping we get an outburst during the trial where someone yells out exactly what happened to Brittney and where she can be found.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    11,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    This would be a trial that if somebody could stomach it, they could sit through the trial and literally write a book about it. Its so incredibly hard to believe that this many people were all wrapped up in this one way or another.

    I'm hoping we get an outburst during the trial where someone yells out exactly what happened to Brittney and where she can be found.
    Some of the jurors in these particular trials are probably going to blush so much they pass out. I hope they warn jurors who might be easily shocked or disgusted. That hamster story alone brings me to tears.

    Brittney had to grow up around these people.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow Knight View Post

    What I *think* may be happening here is we have rehashed so many times that we're all hoping with the trials coming up we can get more details, anything that can trigger a thought regarding Brittney. So we're waiting. Not forgetting.
    sbm

    For Brittney, from all of us at WS.
    Hi Willow Knight. I snipped a bit of your excellent post. I am so guilty of hashing and rehashing. But I really only follow Brittney's thread and a couple of other cold cases. With no new news I do go back and read the old threads again. I sure I bore most with my de javu's "Didn't we just discuss the phone pings last week"? LOL

    Brittney's posters are some of the brightest, nicest and most accepting of any I've read at WS. No theory is filed away until it's had a good discussion. I haven't seen the ganging up on others that's prevalent elsewhere.

    Hoping the New Year brings answers.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,735
    I just realized something probably trivial but interesting in the family reunion perp walk video.
    http://videos.al.com/al/2013/10/brit...od_family.html

    At 1:42 Chessie Wood (IMO) shouts out, I love you, Scott.
    But Scott is not in the procession yet. (I believe she must see him quite a distance away in a vehicle as it pulls up.)
    Scott is escorted to the rear of the procession separately & later in the video (about 1:55, you can see him being walked up a sidewalk in the background from the rest of the family and then he falls in behind Dustin. So he didn't ride together with the family on the 'house to house' pickup sweep by law enforcement.

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #14
    By bessie in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 275
    Last Post: 08-24-2017, 02:30 AM
  2. AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7
    By bessie in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1032
    Last Post: 05-27-2013, 08:01 AM
  3. AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6
    By bessie in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1366
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 08:44 PM
  4. AL Brittney Wood (19) - Mobile AL, 2012
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 03:37 PM
  5. AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3
    By Tricia in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1548
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 01:32 PM

Tags for this Thread