Found Deceased NY - Menachem 'Max' Stark, 40, Brooklyn, 2 Jan 2014 *Arrests*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Menachem Stark
w-menachemstark-010413.png

Menachem Stark, 40, is an Hasidic milliionaire real estate developer who was allegedly kidnapped from his office in South Williamsburg in the borough of Brooklyn, New York on Thursday night, January 2nd, 2014 in the middle of a blizzard at about 11:30 pm. He was allegedly taped up and thrown into a van. According to law enforcement, there is surveillance video that appears to show his abduction. The Shomrim security patrol, which is a kind of neighborhood watch group, waited until 2:30 am to contact law enforcement regarding his alleged abduction.

Stark is a 40 year old an Hasidic Jewish male that stands 5' 7", weighs 185 lbs. He has black hair worn in a traditional Hasidic style with a beard.

Please contact the NYPD.

http://forward.com/articles/190292/hasidic-millionaire-menachem-stark-kidnapped-from/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-shocking-kidnap-outside-office-blizzard.html

A little off topic, I haven't read through this yet, but yelp is getting some very bad reviews itself. I have heard complaints that if you don't list your business services with yelp (in other words pay them) they post negative stuff mostly from your competition. Sort of a strong-arm tactic.

Now-I'll read.

I believe you are correct.

Some of the linked articles above in previous posts mentioned there had been financial hardships and bankruptcies for him & his partners.
And to me, the burning of the body sounds like this was personal....someone who was very angry with him directly.

moo

From the article above:

Stark’s family described him as a good man, who was well-liked in his Williamsburg neighborhood but irate tenants who complained of squalid living conditions, lenders who were never paid back and opponents of his development projects indicate he had several enemies.

R.I.P.

Slain slumlord’s business partner fears he’s next
Israel “Sam” Perlmutter fears for his life because of his close business dealings with Stark, which date back at least a decade and have involved multimillion-dollar deals that went south, said a source close to the victim’s family.
Perlmutter is “loaded up with security guards,” said another source in the Satmar Hasidic community. “Everyone was talking in the synagogue that he’s afraid he’s next.”

http://nypost.com/2014/01/05/slain-slumlords-business-partner-now-terrified-hes-next/

Brooklyn Man Charged with Murder in Death of Williamsburg Landlord During Botched Robbery and Kidnapping - October 2016

Acting Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez, together with Police Commissioner James P. O’Neill, today announced that a 38-year-old Brooklyn man has been charged for his participation in the kidnapping and murder of Williamsburg landlord Menachem Stark in January 2014.

Acting District Attorney Gonzalez said, “This defendant is alleged to be the mastermind whose plot to kidnap Menachem Stark and extort money from him ended with his death. This long-term, complex investigation leading to the arrest of this defendant and his co-defendant is testament to the commitment of this office and the New York City Police Department to get justice for the Stark family.”

The Acting District Attorney identified the defendant as Erskin Felix, 38, of Crown Heights, Brooklyn. He is presently awaiting arraignment in Brooklyn Criminal Court on a criminal complaint in which he is charged with first-degree kidnapping and second-degree murder. He faces up to 25 years to life in prison if convicted. Also charged in connection with the case is the defendant’s brother, Kendall Felix, 28, of Crown Heights. He is awaiting arraignment on a complaint in which he is charged with hindering prosecution and tampering with evidence. He faces up to seven years in prison if convicted.

Kendel Felix was convicted of first-degree kidnapping and second-degree murder last month following a jury trial. He was arrested in May 2014. He is expected to be sentenced on November 2, 2016. He faces up to 25 years to life in prison.

I'm not sure if Kendel Felix has been sentenced yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back