600 users online (65 members and 535 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1027
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462

    Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#11


    Reminders:
    * if you have a problem with a post use the ALERT BUTTON (do not respond)

    * use thumbnails for graphic crime scene photos

    * copying and pasting verbatim from opinion sites or from blogs is not allowed

    * linking to forums is not allowed

    * treat opposing views respectfully
    -Refrain from personalizing, name calling, mocking, or posting broad negative characterizations of opposing views

    * add a link to all photos (including attached thumbnails), documents and facts or posts will be removed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462

    Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#11

    Continue discussion here...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Bringing this over:

    This post is from SMK:

    Amber , did you read this part in the book? Where AK climbs out onto the ledge and holds onto the railing, and leans at a 45 degree angle to see in the window, poised dangerously above the gravel walkway far below - and Raffaele yells at her that she may fall and hurt herself?......It had struck me, intuitively, that she may have been checking to see if she'd left the lamp in the room. Also, she may have seen it and RS tried to kick in the door, before they realized it was a bad idea..... just speculation.....

    That is very likely. Good thinking!

    That would certainly account for trying to kick the door open.

    One of them must have remembered the lamp at some point.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462
    link

    link

    link

    IMO it doesn't seem possible to hold on to the rail and look into Meredith's window. The width of the bathroom wall is in between the balcony and her window.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SWO :)
    Posts
    4,577
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    link

    link

    link

    IMO it doesn't seem possible to hold on to the rail and look into Meredith's window. The width of the bathroom wall is in between the balcony and her window.
    Thanks. Yes, from your diagrams I see that she likely wouldn't have been able to see anything.

    But that doesn't mean that she didn't try.

    In her own book, she herself says she tried to look into Meredith's room to see if she was in there.

    It's one thing to lie about the reason, it's another to lie about the whole event ever happening.

    To lie about the event happening would mean that she thought the lie would be beneficial to her.

    What benefit would that lie have for her?

    Why would she make it up if she didn't really try to look?

    The other reason I can think of that she would lie about it (other than the lamp) would be to make it seem like she was really worried about Meredith and to given some oomph to her claim that she was worried about her (see, I really did try to look for her).
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    Bringing this over:

    This post is from SMK:

    Amber , did you read this part in the book? Where AK climbs out onto the ledge and holds onto the railing, and leans at a 45 degree angle to see in the window, poised dangerously above the gravel walkway far below - and Raffaele yells at her that she may fall and hurt herself?......It had struck me, intuitively, that she may have been checking to see if she'd left the lamp in the room. Also, she may have seen it and RS tried to kick in the door, before they realized it was a bad idea..... just speculation.....

    That is very likely. Good thinking!

    That would certainly account for trying to kick the door open.

    One of them must have remembered the lamp at some point.
    But, the door was locked, so whoever killed MK had the key. If it was them, they would just have entered. There is no need to peer through windows or kick doors down.

    The fact that they could not get in means that they did not lock the door. RG did.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Amber, allow me to follow on what you wrote in the previous tread:

    Yes but I've also said its possible they didn't step in blood during the attack as RG apparently was able to avoid it as well.
    Does it mean you think it's possible the bathmat print is not a result of stepping in blood and there never was a trail of bloody footsteps leading to it from Meredith's room?
    I'm not sure I understand how would the barefoot bathmat print be made. How do you envision it?

    Yes I can see what you're saying but I've already said I don't know how that trace was left.
    Obviously we can't know with 100% certainty. One explanation you proposed is that the luminol prints are residual, made during clean up, and not a result of stepping in blood. Interesting that the clean up was made barefoot.

    I don't know about connecting the dots, we disagree completely. You think RG was the lone wolf and I don't. I don't actually feel like I have holes to fill in.
    I'm trying to understand. I'm trying to visualize the scenario constructed from your point of view. I believe it can be done by connecting the known points of evidence and filling the unknowns with some common sense.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    link

    link

    link

    IMO it doesn't seem possible to hold on to the rail and look into Meredith's window. The width of the bathroom wall is in between the balcony and her window.
    BBM - Either it is possible, or she lied about doing it because:

    Knox states clearly in Waiting to be Heard p 69, that she does in fact do this:

    "I'm going outside to see if I can look through her window from the terrace."

    I climbed over the wrought-iron railing. With my feet on the narrow ledge, I held onto the rail with one hand and leaned over as far as I could, my body at a forty-five degree angle over the gravel walkway below.

    Raffaele came out and shouted, "Amanda! Get down. You could fall!".

    p 69, Waiting to be Heard; Harper Collins
    Last edited by SMK; 01-05-2014 at 10:53 AM.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    But, the door was locked, so whoever killed MK had the key. If it was them, they would just have entered. There is no need to peer through windows or kick doors down.

    The fact that they could not get in means that they did not lock the door. RG did.
    Unless they had disposed of her keys. Or lost them.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    Thanks. Yes, from your diagrams I see that she likely wouldn't have been able to see anything.

    But that doesn't mean that she didn't try.

    In her own book, she herself says she tried to look into Meredith's room to see if she was in there.

    It's one thing to lie about the reason, it's another to lie about the whole event ever happening.

    To lie about the event happening would mean that she thought the lie would be beneficial to her.

    What benefit would that lie have for her?

    Why would she make it up if she didn't really try to look?

    The other reason I can think of that she would lie about it (other than the lamp) would be to make it seem like she was really worried about Meredith and to given some oomph to her claim that she was worried about her (see, I really did try to look for her).
    I agree. Either it happened, or she lied about it happening for some reason (as you state, to appear panicked about MK).

    See my post above where I quote from her book , verbatim, p 69.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    But, the door was locked, so whoever killed MK had the key. If it was them, they would just have entered. There is no need to peer through windows or kick doors down.

    The fact that they could not get in means that they did not lock the door. RG did.
    Not if it was a last minute thing they remembered and the keys were long gone.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    Amber, allow me to follow on what you wrote in the previous tread:


    Does it mean you think it's possible the bathmat print is not a result of stepping in blood and there never was a trail of bloody footsteps leading to it from Meredith's room?
    I'm not sure I understand how would the barefoot bathmat print be made. How do you envision it?


    Obviously we can't know with 100% certainty. One explanation you proposed is that the luminol prints are residual, made during clean up, and not a result of stepping in blood. Interesting that the clean up was made barefoot.


    I'm trying to understand. I'm trying to visualize the scenario constructed from your point of view. I believe it can be done by connecting the known points of evidence and filling the unknowns with some common sense.
    No that's not what I said. I said I think it's possible they didn't step in blood during the attack.

    I don't think it's interesting that the clean up is done barefoot.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    Would Postal Police officer Batistelli really have gone into Amanda's room, gotten her lamp, used it to view the Kercher room, and failed to say anything? It is noted, though, that Knox's lamp was not really a piece of evidence in the trial. I suppose because nothing could be proven about the lamp, one way or the other.

    ETA: Well, fwiw, Maresca still brought up the lamp this appeal trial.
    Last edited by SMK; 01-05-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 943
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM
  2. Replies: 1064
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 12:29 AM
  3. Replies: 1013
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 05:30 AM
  4. Replies: 1150
    Last Post: 11-27-2013, 07:49 AM
  5. Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:34 AM

Tags for this Thread