1264 users online (195 members and 1069 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    BBM - Either it is possible, or she lied about doing it because:

Knox states clearly in Waiting to be Heard p 69, that she does in fact do this:
    She wrote:
    "I'm going outside to see if I can look through her window from the terrace."

I climbed over the wrought-iron railing. With my feet on the narrow ledge, I held onto the rail with one hand and leaned over as far as I could, my body at a forty-five degree angle over the gravel walkway below.
    I think it's possible to stand on the narrow ledge, hold the rail with one hand and leaned over as far it's possible.

Nothing else was written in the book.

But in this position, it's impossible to have a look into the room of meridith, but i think it wasn't clear for Mrs. Knox at this time.

Would Postal Police officer Batistelli really have gone into Amanda's room, gotten her lamp, used it to view the Kercher room, and failed to say anything? It is noted, though, that Knox's lamp was not really a piece of evidence in the trial. I suppose because nothing could be proven about the lamp, one way or the other.

ETA: Well, fwiw, Maresca still brought up the lamp this appeal trial.
    I think it's ridiculous to assume the officer placed the lamp there. It's clear to me the lamp was there when the door was opened. It's behind the door, turned over and the cord went under the door.

That was written by a known IIP poster and is no better than an opinion post on TJMK.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    No that's not what I said. I said I think it's possible they didn't step in blood during the attack.
    You mean they stepped in blood at some later time?

I don't think it's interesting that the clean up is done barefoot.
    I think it's peculiar.

Would Postal Police officer Batistelli really have gone into Amanda's room, gotten her lamp, used it to view the Kercher room, and failed to say anything? It is noted, though, that Knox's lamp was not really a piece of evidence in the trial. I suppose because nothing could be proven about the lamp, one way or the other.
    I don't think it was the postal cop, but it's probable one of the first responders brought the lamp and placed it to illuminate the footprints that were in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    I don't think it was the postal cop, but it's probable one of the first responders brought the lamp and placed it to illuminate the footprints that were in that area.
    Well, why wouldn't they have simply said so in a report, clearing up the whole matter?

Well, why wouldn't they have simply said so in a report, clearing up the whole matter?
    Who is they?

Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    But, the door was locked, so whoever killed MK had the key. If it was them, they would just have entered. There is no need to peer through windows or kick doors down.

The fact that they could not get in means that they did not lock the door. RG did.
    Maybe they had already disposed of the keys.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    I think it's ridiculous to assume the officer placed the lamp there. It's clear to me the lamp was there when the door was opened. It's behind the door, turned over and the cord went under the door.

That was written by a known IIP poster and is no better than an opinion post on TJMK.
    It's true that it's speculation (an investigator bringing the lamp to illuminate the scene from the doorway) but it makes more sense than Amanda or Raffaele plugging in the lamp across the doorway, and stepping over the cord to walk through that door without seeing it or remembering it.

Amber, allow me to follow on what you wrote in the previous tread:

Does it mean you think it's possible the bathmat print is not a result of stepping in blood and there never was a trail of bloody footsteps leading to it from Meredith's room?
    I'm not sure I understand how would the barefoot bathmat print be made. How do you envision it?

Obviously we can't know with 100% certainty. One explanation you proposed is that the luminol prints are residual, made during clean up, and not a result of stepping in blood. Interesting that the clean up was made barefoot.

I'm trying to understand. I'm trying to visualize the scenario constructed from your point of view. I believe it can be done by connecting the known points of evidence and filling the unknowns with some common sense.

bbm

It's ok to say that you are trying to show us holes in our theory.

I believe Amber, and I second this, have said that we don't have all the answers.

No one has each and every single answer of what exactly happened except for the perps(s), that is true for every case, unless it just happens to be that the whole thing was video-recorded!

I would also like to add that for the innocent-side it is very easy, relatively speaking, as you don't need any answers! If they are innocent!

All you need to do is say Rudy did it. If someone asks questions regarding the how pertaining to specific points of how he did it, the supporters of her innocence can just fall back on well, he did it. We don't know how he did it, but he did.

It's the supporters of her guilt who are expected to somehow have been at the murder scene and be able to tell what happened second by second.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

I agree. Either it happened, or she lied about it happening for some reason (as you state, to appear panicked about MK).

See my post above where I quote from her book , verbatim, p 69.
    Yes, quite puzzling.

Who is they?
    The first responders. Don't they report what actions they took? Don't they have flashlights?

I agree. Either it happened, or she lied about it happening for some reason (as you state, to appear panicked about MK).

See my post above where I quote from her book , verbatim, p 69.
    Either it didn't happen and she is just making it all up to appear panicked, or it did happen (the terrace-stunt and the kicking the door) and she is just substituting Meredith for the lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    All you need to do is say Rudy did it. If someone asks questions regarding the how pertaining to specific points of how he did it, the supporters of her innocence can just fall back on well, he did it. We don't know how he did it, but he did.
    I disagree. I personally don't think there is anything in the 'Guede only' scenario that cannot be explained. Could you give some examples?

The first responders. Don't they report what actions they took? Don't they have flashlights?
    I haven't seen any reports. Have you?

I can easily envision, given the crowd and disorganization at the scene, that someone moved the lamp and didn't communicate it to the investigators.

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    Either it didn't happen and she is just making it all up to appear panicked, or it did happen (the terrace-stunt and the kicking the door) and she is just substituting Meredith for the lamp.
    Or it did happen and she is telling the truth.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast