1147 users online (180 members and 967 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1027
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    I haven't seen any reports. Have you?

    I can easily envision, given the crowd and disorganization at the scene, that someone moved the lamp and didn't communicate it to the investigators.
    Nope. Well, I suppose we can all envision our own scenarios.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Nope. Well, I suppose we can all envision our own scenarios.
    That's what we're doing here, I hope

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    I disagree. I personally don't think there is anything in the 'Guede only' scenario that cannot be explained. Could you give some examples?
    How did he climb up the wall and break in and not show any evidence by the windowsill, like fibers from his clothes, handprints, nothing. Why is the glass on top of the things? How did the murder scene get contained to only Meredith's room? How did he know automatically know the door was locked? If he did not automatically know, how comes there are no footprints going back and forth from door to purse and back to door? Where are his missing footprints? Where is the blood from locking the doors? Why would he lock Meredith's door but leave front door unlocked? How did he restrain Meredith and attack her at the same time, to account for the what the evidence shows? How was he in the bathroom and there is no evidence of him in there, blood-wise? If he wasn't in there, how did the smears/blood get in the bathroom yet in such a relatively small amount to what would have been on Rudy? Where are the missing footprints going to the bathroom? Why the overkill? Why use a knife when he could have killed her in a less messy way (such as strangiing her?)? Why choose the messiest way possible? Why is the scene outside of the bedroom so relatively clean? Why didn't he also check Laura and Amanda's room for things to steal? Why only Filomena room and Meredith room? If he was already in the house when Meredith came in, why didn't she notice the broken window or Rudy in the bathroom, there must have been a light or two on for him to get to the bathroom or wherever he was going? If he was so calm about using a bathroom, acting like he wasn't worried if someone walked in, why wouldn't he turn on the lights? And if the lights were on, why wouldn't Meredith notice? Why woudl she walk all the way to her room first??

    That is just off the top of my head.....
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    I disagree. I personally don't think there is anything in the 'Guede only' scenario that cannot be explained. Could you give some examples?
    There is no doubt that the Guede-as-lone-wolf scenario is a compelling one, especially after Hendry made it "come alive" with his analysis.

    It is an option that no thinking person can simply dismiss out of hand. I myself was a firm believer in it for a long time. Had Hellmann's ruling been upheld by the Supreme Court di Cassazione, I myself would have let the matter rest and moved on.

    As it stands, I chose to see if I could "see the other side" this time around. In some ways, it has been compelling. In others, I feel I am having to make my logic and reason jump through many hoops. I think there is something "off" about Knox and Sollecito the morning of Nov 2. And little bits from then on. But I will be the first to admit, that if they are guilty, they lucked out, because there are ways to refute much of what the prosecution asserts. I simply am trying to follow through on my decision to be open to guilt. I don't like being played for a fool by the American media , if that is even occurring, too. And I don't want Guede's "black man found, found guilty" to make him a prophet, either. Nor to dismiss Mignini for his Monster of Florence affair.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    I haven't seen any reports. Have you?

    I can easily envision, given the crowd and disorganization at the scene, that someone moved the lamp and didn't communicate it to the investigators.
    Wasn't it daytime when the discovered the body? No need for lamp in the daytime.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    The first responders. Don't they report what actions they took? Don't they have flashlights?
    You would think if the first responders had moved the lamp, then GM wouldn't need to wonder how it got there.

    What reason would they have for not saying they had placed it there?

    When it was brought up as questionable why it was there, why would one not say "well I put that there" or was someone already in the mind set of framing Amanda?

    SMK I'm not meaning these questions necessarily towards you, more just voicing my questions.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    Wasn't it daytime when the discovered the body? No need for lamp in the daytime.
    Not much sunlight in November and it was a cloudy day, judging by the photos.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    You would think if the first responders had moved the lamp, then GM wouldn't need to wonder how it got there.

    What reason would they have for not saying they had placed it there?

    When it was brought up as questionable why it was there, why would one not say "well I put that there" or was someone already in the mind set of framing Amanda?

    SMK I'm not meaning these questions necessarily towards you, more just voicing my questions.
    Yes, good point. Especially if they saw that it was raising all kinds of questions.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    Not much sunlight in November and it was a cloudy day, judging by the photos.
    I would think police and responders always have flashlights because they never know what they may have to probe and look at. (even the postal police looking for cellphones in the grass).

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Katody View Post
    Not much sunlight in November and it was a cloudy day, judging by the photos.
    I thought Meredith had an overhead light? Also, they could have just gotten the lamp which was already in her room (Meredith's own lamp). I still do not believe they would have needed any lamp at all. MOO.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    I would think police and responders always have flashlights because they never know what they may have to probe and look at. (even the postal police looking for cellphones in the grass).
    The investigators had very large lamps they set up in the cottage, I don't know why they would rely on a small desk lamp.

    The fact that it was behind the door and turned over to me says it was there when the door was broken down, otherwise we are to assume the PP went in Meredith's room and shut the door and placed the lamp behind it.

    IMO had the police used the lamp it would be infront of her broken door.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    How did he climb up the wall and break in and not show any evidence by the windowsill, like fibers from his clothes, handprints, nothing.
    Just like the guy on TV. There were fibers and other traces but tested inconclusive.

    Why is the glass on top of the things?
    Because it fell on top of things that were there before, like the computer.


    How did the murder scene get contained to only Meredith's room?
    What do you mean by this?


    How did he know automatically know the door was locked? If he did not automatically know, how comes there are no footprints going back and forth from door to purse and back to door?
    The footprints faded. I wrote about it recently.


    Where are his missing footprints?
    Which are missing?


    Where is the blood from locking the doors?
    He wiped his hands.

    Why would he lock Meredith's door but leave front door unlocked?
    Why not? He locked Meredith's room to delay the discovery of the murder.


    How did he restrain Meredith and attack her at the same time, to account for the what the evidence shows?
    There is no evidence he did it at the same time.



    How was he in the bathroom and there is no evidence of him in there, blood-wise?
    His footprint is evidence.


    If he wasn't in there, how did the smears/blood get in the bathroom yet in such a relatively small amount to what would have been on Rudy?
    There is a lot of blood in the bathroom.



    Where are the missing footprints going to the bathroom?
    There are none. He stepped in blood later.


    Why the overkill? Why use a knife when he could have killed her in a less messy way (such as strangiing her?)? Why choose the messiest way possible?
    Now you're arguing with the evidence and not with me.


    Why is the scene outside of the bedroom so relatively clean?
    Because there was no stabbing outside. Let me facepalm already


    Why didn't he also check Laura and Amanda's room for things to steal? Why only Filomena room and Meredith room?
    How do you know that? I don't think there is evidence one way or the other.


    If he was so calm about using a bathroom, acting like he wasn't worried if someone walked in, why wouldn't he turn on the lights?
    How do you know he didn't?

    And if the lights were on, why wouldn't Meredith notice? Why woudl she walk all the way to her room first??
    I think that's what she did.

    That is just off the top of my head.....
    And it took me below a minute, go on

    BTW Next time, paragraphs would be great

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    4,386
    Was any testing done, for fingerprints and such, on the windowsill in Filomena's room? Since it was deemed a "staged break in" would they bother with any testing? Glass is on top of things because of the glass falling onto them. For instance the rug beside the bed has pieces of glass on it from the window being broken. The clothes on the floor in front of the dresser may have glass on them from the glass being pushed onto the floor from the windowsill when RG climbed into the window. The murder scene was contained to only Meredith's room because that is where RG attacked her. Meredith was already in her room and was unable to leave because of the attack. RG had been in the downstairs cottage more than once to visit the boys, I feel sure that he would have noticed how the doors locked while there since he was interested in B&E. It is not an illogical guess to think that the upstairs cottage of the same building has the same type of locking system on the doors. What missing footprints? It is possible that RG stepped in blood with only one shoe. That one shoe is the one that left the footprints in the bedroom, hallway and out to the front door. There were two towels in the bedroom that had blood on them. It is possible that RG opened the bedroom door with a bloody hand, then stopped to wipe away the blood before shutting the door and leaving the room, hence no bloody handprints on the outside of the door or on the front door. Meredith's door being locked is going to prevent her from being found for a while. The key to Meredith's bedroom door, did anyone else have a key to fit it? The key to the cottage was one that all 4 of the women had so even if the cottage was locked there were 3 other people that could enter with their key. RG was much stronger than Meredith. RG had the element of suprise, not to mention a weapon. It would be relatively easy for him to restrain while attacking a smaller woman. After all, we have seen a smaller female with a weapon or two restrain and attack a larger male all by herself. There is evidence that RG was in the bathroom, the bathmat matches his footprint much closer than it does to RS. Perhaps there was no blood on RG's shoe/s at the time that he went to the bathroom. Perhaps he took his shoe of to get the blood off his pantleg and the bloody footprint is from blood mixed with water from cleaning up. The overkill could be for several reasons. Meredith fought back. Meredith wouldn't die. RG was in a rage and couldn't stop himself. And of course since we don't have the mind of a killer and the killer will never admit the truth himself, then we will never know the real reason behind the overkill. RG apparently loved using knives. This was not the first crime he committed in which a knife was a part of. Perhaps he simply preferred a knife instead because that was a sure fire way to know that a person was dead. Because Meredith was attacked in and never left her bedroom. RG had just killed someone. He knew the boys would not be home. He did not know if AK or Filomena would be home soon or not. He didn't steal anything from the room he broke into. In fact the only things taken appear to be cash, two phones that were dumped and the keys. It also appears that he was interested in only the cash since there were other items that he could have taken, but those items would need to be pawned or sold for money. The layout of the house, with two doors from the larger bathroom toilet area to the living room/kitchen area, would prevent anyone to see who was using the toilet. It is not known if RG had a flashlight with him or not. Since he went there to break in during the night one would expect for him to have a flashlight with him.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    I thought Meredith had an overhead light? Also, they could have just gotten the lamp which was already in her room (Meredith's own lamp). I still do not believe they would have needed any lamp at all. MOO.
    Her own lamp was unreachable behind a mass of blood.
    I think they were trying not to touch anything in the room unnecessarily, light switches included.
    Last edited by Katody; 01-05-2014 at 03:19 PM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    [/B]

    bbm

    It's ok to say that you are trying to show us holes in our theory.

    I believe Amber, and I second this, have said that we don't have all the answers.

    No one has each and every single answer of what exactly happened except for the perps(s), that is true for every case, unless it just happens to be that the whole thing was video-recorded!

    I would also like to add that for the innocent-side it is very easy, relatively speaking, as you don't need any answers! If they are innocent!

    All you need to do is say Rudy did it. If someone asks questions regarding the how pertaining to specific points of how he did it, the supporters of her innocence can just fall back on well, he did it. We don't know how he did it, but he did.

    It's the supporters of her guilt who are expected to somehow have been at the murder scene and be able to tell what happened second by second.
    For my part, I am very interested in what precisely is the evidence that convinces you beyond a reasonable doubt. I am very interested in exactly what evidence is convincing, and exactly what it says to you.

    I am perfectly happy to answer questions on what I believe... Please ask away.

    Of course, if you don't believe in the beyond a reasonable doubt standard, I guess the discussion would be moot. I would like to know that as well, however.

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 943
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM
  2. Replies: 1064
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 12:29 AM
  3. Replies: 1013
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 05:30 AM
  4. Replies: 1150
    Last Post: 11-27-2013, 07:49 AM
  5. Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:34 AM

Tags for this Thread