Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
thread #1 thread #2 thread #3

Court documents:

12/20/13
http://www.scribd.com/doc/195182229...-20-2013-Opposition-to-Temp-Restraining-Order

http://www.scribd.com/doc/195183111/Children-s-Hospital-Okland-Physician-s-Declaration-Dec-20-2013

12/24/13
http://www.scribd.com/doc/195183615...oint-Dr-Paul-Byrne-as-an- Independent-Expert

12/27/13
http://www.scribd.com/doc/195184121...13-Attorney-response-to-Esq-Dolan-family-atty

12/30/13
http://www.scribd.com/doc/195184920...rt-of-Appeal-Filing-by-Family-online-Document

http://www.scribd.com/doc/195185964...ec-30-2013-McMath-Civil-Rights-Lawsuit-filing

1/2/14
http://www.thaddeuspope.com/images/Mcmath_ND_Cal_Settlement_01-02-14.pdf

list of verified professionals at websleuths:
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Mod notes:
*If a statement of fact or a claim is being posted then be prepared to substantiate with a link. Post in a respectful and civil manner. Personalized posts attacking others will be removed...Moreover, please steer clear of bringing race into the discussion...

The namecalling ends. Now. It's clear in our rules that namecalling of players in cases, or each other, is a rules violation. If I see any more namecalling in this thread, the poster gets to be on the outside looking in.

Zero tolerance from this point forward. :saber:

Everyone is safe.

However............

I'm adding two issues that need to be addressed.

No more personalizing. Time outs for this from now on. If someone is bugging you for some reason, use the alert feature and/or put the member on your ignore list. The modsnips are many and our mods are not editors. They are moderators.

Use links to back up your facts! If you are not a verified professional in the field of the topic you are discussing, you must link!

None of this is new. If you don't understand what is going on, please contact me privately so I can help you.

Please be sure to review the information in the posts above...

(I am bringing this over from the last thread, because I am so sad that Jahi seems to have gotten lost in this mess somewhere...)

And in the midst of this, is dear sweet Jahi's soul...the eternal part of her that lives, shining and bright and full of joy.

Jahi's body is not at rest, but my prayer is that her soul - that infinite spark of LOVE - is free, and has joined God in the most beautiful garden, full of snickerdoodle ice cream and swimming pools; that she dances with the angels, happily pirouetting and hip-hopping; that she laughs at the knee of God, with inexpressible joy at being Home at last.

You, Jahi. That's who I think about all the time. YOU. And I pray for you, and for all those whose lives you've touched...

Best-
Herding Cats

Thanks for the fresh thread, Harmony2!

Tying in with what I said regarding Herding Cat's post in the last thread....

I am sure Jani is beyond this debate.

She is with her maker and enjoying a life we have never known. I can only hope, soon, her mother feels that her daughter has reached that peace, (she has said she wants for her.)

It is beyond bizarre to me that a mother would want to prolong hardship on her child. To me, that is what Jani's mom is doing.

Jani is gone from this earth in all spiritual sense. Her body is the only thing left on this earth. Is there any chance to help anyone else with that body?

As a Christian mother, or even a mother at all, why hasn't she thought about this? I might be wrong, but she seems to want to prove others wrong more then she wasn't to help her daughter. JMO.

So what did the federal court(s) decide?

:dunno:Shhhhh. It's a secret!

The proceedings and any decisions are confidential.

So we know nothing more at all.

Quoting wendiesan from the last thread-

IMO, this was a carefully chosen, very loaded word by the family's attorney.

He is using it to appear to be objective, as though it's just a synonym for 'removing', like 'transferring' or 'conveying' or 'transporting'.

'Extracting' has much nastier connotations and denotations as it is frequently used in military operations.

I believe that the attny chose it to heighten the impression that the hospital has been holding this child hostage. IMO, he also chose it to imply that the child is living and that her family are warriors, coming to rescue her and who are in danger of being attacked themselves. .

Agreed. It implies that she is being held against her will in a hostile situation and needs to be rescued by force.

We've been a military family for nearly 12 years so maybe our perspective on the word is skewed but I doubt it. It isn't a word that is commonly used, unless you are talking about teeth.

:dunno:Shhhhh. It's a secret!

The proceedings and any decisions are confidential.

So we know nothing more at all.

Ah I see. I thought it would be public since they might decide to either grant an extension or something else. I did not know that the outcome(s) would be confidential.

Ah I see. I thought it would be public since they might decide to either grant an extension or something else. I did not know that the outcome(s) would be confidential.

Actually, I don't think they're finished yet. The last tweet was "no further settlement discussions this weekend." Perhaps they will continue Monday? And the TRO expires Tuesday at 5pm.

So, we wait... again.

I am curious if there is to be any supervision of the household, if Mrs. Winkfield brings Jahi home for care. There are 3 additional children whose well-being is of concern in this highly charged atmosphere.

I hope that there is a provision by the Judge that if Jahi's body is brought to the Winkfield home for ongoing maintenance and care, that there is at least weekly contact with CPS, for a period of time, for the benefit of the other children, and how they are coping, and being cared for in the situation. They are really in a pressure cooker, with all of the attention in this case. JMO.

I am curious if there is to be any supervision of the household, if Mrs. Winkfield brings Jahi home for care. There are 3 additional children whose well-being is of concern in this highly charged atmosphere.

I hope that there is a provision by the Judge that if Jahi's body is brought to the Winkfield home for ongoing maintenance and care, that there is at least weekly contact with CPS, for a period of time, for the benefit of the other children, and how they are coping, and being cared for in the situation. They are really in a pressure cooker, with all of the attention in this case. JMO.

K_Z, I hope that these children are checked on whether Jahi is brought home or not. It's hard enough losing a sibling at such a young age. To have to witness this craziness for the past three weeks (and counting), well, I really worry about them. School goes back into session very soon, and this has been all over the news, so classmates may ask questions in that "zero filter" way that kids have.

What a tragic mess :(

I had another thought (with my inner blue brain, not my outer blue brain, lol!) that if they do indeed remove Jahi's body from CHO, that it may occur late at night, so as to avoid cameras and attention. It would make sense to me to do this at about 0300, when the rest of the PICU is relatively quiet, visitors are away, etc.

I was a bit disturbed that the actual doorway and street entrance to be used was named in the court documents. Good grief-- what kind of security plan is THAT??

"Dover Street entrance"-- does anyone know if that is a "main" door, or a restricted area? Is it only accessible to ambulances? (I hope it is a restricted area.)

K_Z, I hope that these children are checked on whether Jahi is brought home or not. It's hard enough losing a sibling at such a young age. To have to witness this craziness for the past three weeks (and counting), well, I really worry about them. School goes back into session very soon, and this has been all over the news, so classmates may ask questions in that "zero filter" way that kids have.

What a tragic mess :(

I hope no one thinks I'm insinuating anything untoward by suggesting CPS oversight. I am an adoptive parent (as well as a birth parent), and the requirements of our child's birth country mandate that we have FIVE YEARS of post placement visits and reports by social workers. The situation Jahi's siblings are placed in is certainly worth monitoring in an official capacity for a period of time, IMO.

Lack of brain activity separates Jahi McMath from other cases

"This is not compassion," said Lawrence Nelson, a lawyer, bioethicist and associate professor of philosophy at Santa Clara University, of an Alameda Superior Court judge's decision Friday to allow the family of Jahi, the 13-year-old girl declared dead, to be removed by her family from Children's Hospital Oakland.

"This is not an allowing-to-die case," he said. "There's no choice to be made here. She is gone, and no prayer, no judge, no transfer to a different facility can change that."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...er-legal-battles-in-5112290.php#photo-5660122

I had another thought (with my inner blue brain, not my outer blue brain, lol!) that if they do indeed remove Jahi's body from CHO, that it may occur late at night, so as to avoid cameras and attention. It would make sense to me to do this at about 0300, when the rest of the PICU is relatively quiet, visitors are away, etc.

I was a bit disturbed that the actual doorway and street entrance to be used was named in the court documents. Good grief-- what kind of security plan is THAT??

"Dover Street entrance"-- does anyone know if that is a "main" door, or a restricted area? Is it only accessible to ambulances? (I hope it is a restricted area.)

I have my own thoughts on whether this will be done uber-secretly or not, if it is done at all. But, we have some awesome folks here who can get screencaps of the area - I've seen it many times in the missing persons threads. I'm not that talented :blushing:

I hope no one thinks I'm insinuating anything untoward by suggesting CPS oversight. I am an adoptive parent (as well as a birth parent), and the requirements of our child's birth country mandate that we have FIVE YEARS of post placement visits and reports by social workers. The situation Jahi's siblings are placed in is certainly worth monitoring in an official capacity for a period of time, IMO.

I certainly didn't take it that way, and I would think that others here would completely understand what you meant :seeya:

If they took her home just the sound of that vent machine would give the siblings nightmares. I don't think they ever wanted to take her home, but this has blown up so big It looks like their only option if they are determined to take her out of the hospital. Jmo

Ciao

I'm off to bed, as it's late here, but will check in over the weekend. I also plan to buy a card and send it to CHO's PICU tomorrow. I don't do that sort of thing, normally, but I just want those staff members to know that some of us aren't thinking of them as uncaring villains. In my very tired opinion.

Good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member