Phil Everly of the Everly Brothers dies at 74

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80l8HEZ5zFw"]The Everly Brothers "Til I Kissed You" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpgo3Lkns5s"]Everly Brothers ~ Live ~ Cathy's Clown ~ 1961 - YouTube[/ame]

They always had a beautiful harmony and influenced a lot of other groups.

R.I.P. Phil.

I always loved their harmony on "Devoted to You."

As some other "Brothers" said, "If there's a rock n' roll heaven - Well you know they've got a hell of a band".

The Everly brothers were certainly pioneers and a rather unique act for their time. I can't think of a bad record they put out.

R.I.P Phil

I grew up in the 50's and The Everly Brothers were wonderful. All their records were great and they were so handsome too!

You can't think of that time without thinking of them. They were so popular. We just loved them.

RIP Phil

Don't miss 1958's "Songs Our Daddy Taught Us," with trad classics like 'Long Time Gone,' 'Barbara Allen,' and 'Down in the Willow Garden.'

The Everly brothers were certainly pioneers and a rather unique act for their time. I can't think of a bad record they put out.

They were like the original "boy band", except they actually had talent.

TrackerSam;10104086

The last song that got any radio air time was written for them, as a tribute, by Paul McCartney. I grew up listening to these guys[

Lennon and McCartney were huge Everly Brothers Fans (as were Simon and Garfunkel). Paul has said, and I am paraphrasing, but the gist of his statement is that whenever he meets a tongue tied fan it reminds him of the first time he and John met the Everly's. They were so excited they could barely speak.

You have to figure Lennon and McCartney met a whole lot of famous people and, of course, Paul has been knighted, so I found this quite a compliment to the Everlys.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back