Body conditions: Recognizable face

Location Found
Address 1: Bay Waters
Address 2: Golden Gate Bridge
City: Sausalito
State: California
County: Marin

Hair color: Brown
Head hair: Frontal and crown balding, but long in the back (approx. 12' long)
Facial hair: Full beard with moustache
Left eye color: Hazel
Right eye color: Hazel
No other distinctive body features

Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available

Clothing on body:
Blue plaid jacket "Sears" brand; "Trader Bay" size small; yellow sleeveless T-shirt with the logo of a surfer and the lettering "Hawaii"; olive color "Ben Davis" brand work pants with no size indicated; white briefs' white socks; brown moccasins; black leather belt with a W/M Western style buckle

Jewelry:
Black digital "Casio" brand watch

The way this UID's "Location Found" is described seems to suggest a Golden Gate Bridge suicide who was found in the Bay Waters closer to the Sausalito side than the San Francisco side. I haven't yet found news articles supporting this or other circumstances.

Thoughts on this missing person? There is little information available, but what caught my eye is the following:

1. Mr. Lazor was reportedly last seen 7 days prior to the UID being found.
  2. He disappeared from San Francisco, CA and the UID was found in the Bay Waters by Golden Gate Bridge.
  3. Mr. Lazor's reported height and weight is 5'7" and 170 lbs. The UID is estimated to be 5'4" and 165 lbs. Height is off, but weight is within 6 lbs.
  4. He was 44 years old when he disappeared. The UID is estimated to be 40 to 50 years old.
  5. His photograph shows he had some balding although I am unsure whether it qualifies as both frontal and crown balding. His hair also seemed to be on the mid- to longer side in length.
  6. His photograph shows a full beard and mustache.
  7. It looks like he is wearing a plaid shirt so he at least entertained that fashion look. The UID was wearing a plaid jacket.
However: The UID is reported as having brown hair and hazel eyes whereas Mr. Lazor is repoted as having blonde hair and blue eyes. Also, the heights reported are off by 3 inches.

Links:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1071dmca.html
http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=4679417300489
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lazor_mitchell.html

From California Department of Justice Website:

Mitchell B. Lazor

image.aspx

Report Type: Voluntary Missing Adult
Sex: Male
Race: White
Hair: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 5 ft. 07 in.
Weight: 170 lbs.
Date of Birth: 1/31/1950
Dental X-rays Available: No

Mitchell was last seen April 30, 1994 in San Francisco, CA.

Typo in thread title. The year should read '94, not '04. Sorry and thanks ahead of time to the mod who can help me correct it! :tyou:

I think this is a good find. There is that place between blonde and brown sometimes where it's kind of you-say-potato, i-say-potahto. Blue and hazel is harder I think but all things considered I bet it's worth a look.

It makes me sad to read that there aren't dental records or DNA available for this UID. He was found in '94; it seems like taking dental x-rays and a DNA sample should have been common procedures by that point in time. SF is definitely not lacking in funds.

Yes, I would describe Lazor as having frontal and crown balding.

He sounds very close in many ways. I'd say submit it.

Thanks for the input, Everyone!

I submitted this and the Marin County Coroner's Office replied pretty quickly. The Coroner Investigator who emailed said she believes Mr. Lazor was compared several years ago, but it is not yet clear if he was ever ruled out. They are going to look into it, but need to go through old case notes because the previous investigators are no longer there.

She asked what agency I was with so I replied that I am simply a member of the general public.

It seems like they are going to have to look into whether Mr. Lazor had fingerprints available through police records or the military. The only additional detail I could provide them was that he seemed to have a younger brother who passed away prior to Mr. Lazor's disappearance date.

This seems like one of the tougher ones to rule out if they can't find additional family, fingerprints, or dentals?

It makes me sad to read that there aren't dental records or DNA available for this UID. He was found in '94; it seems like taking dental x-rays and a DNA sample should have been common procedures by that point in time. SF is definitely not lacking in funds.

Also, there are dental details for this UID. Not sure why NamUs says they are not available (or maybe they are available on NamUs, but just not viewable by the public), but the Coroner Investigator mentioned it. Not sure if I'm allowed to share it here if it's not publicly posted yet, though.

^Quite possible, zwiebel! Wish we knew more about other potential relatives.

I wonder if Michael Udow from Big Bear, San Bernardino County, CA has been looked at?

michaeludow.jpeg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5095/176

He was last seen on November 5, 1993 in Southern California. His height is listed as 64" yet his weight is a bit less than the UID at 140 lbs. In the photo, his hair is brown and longish with a receding hairline. Like Mr. Lazor, Mr. Udow's eye color is also listed as blue.

Thanks for the input, Everyone!

I submitted this and the Marin County Coroner's Office replied pretty quickly. The Coroner Investigator who emailed said she believes Mr. Lazor was compared several years ago, but it is not yet clear if he was ever ruled out. They are going to look into it, but need to go through old case notes because the previous investigators are no longer there.

She asked what agency I was with so I replied that I am simply a member of the general public.

It seems like they are going to have to look into whether Mr. Lazor had fingerprints available through police records or the military. The only additional detail I could provide them was that he seemed to have a younger brother who passed away prior to Mr. Lazor's disappearance date.

This seems like one of the tougher ones to rule out if they can't find additional family, fingerprints, or dentals?

I don't see any new updates or ruleouts listed, at least not viewable by the public.
It doesn't appear that they've done much in the way of comparing JD to anyone, unless they just didn't add anyone to the exclusion list. I think Mitchell Lazor is a really good PM. Maybe he should be submitted again.

I wonder if Michael Udow from Big Bear, San Bernardino County, CA has been looked at?

View attachment 82425

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

He was last seen on November 5, 1993 in Southern California. His height is listed as 64" yet his weight is a bit less than the UID at 140 lbs. In the photo, his hair is brown and longish with a receding hairline. Like Mr. Lazor, Mr. Udow's eye color is also listed as blue.
Good find! Have you submitted Michael as a potential match?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back