Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
25KHeatherBW-1_zps6ce27413.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Find Heather Elvis Facebook

We do not have a person of interest or suspect named in this case by law enforcement. Sleuthing anyone and posting on Websleuths is not allowed unless or until someone is named by law enforcement, this includes public sites showing addresses etc. This also includes family.

We are a victim friendly site and this includes family and friends. No bashing of anyone. No sleuthing or discussing anyone in a suspect manner unless we have a suspect named.

Rumor is not allowed, you can discuss and speculate about anything we already know thru law enforcement and main stream media.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Please continue here...

My apologies for getting carried away last night. It was late and I wasn't thinking clearly. I did not mean to imply guilt on the part of anyone or to sleuth friends. I'm very sorry.

My apologies for getting carried away last night. It was late and I wasn't thinking clearly. I did not mean to imply guilt on the part of anyone or to sleuth friends. I'm very sorry.

I concur. :blushing:

I'm going to head out towards Tidewater to take some provisions. Any requests while I'm running around?

I'm going to head out towards Tidewater to take some provisions. Any requests while I'm running around?

Yes please. When you go to Tidewater, is it possible to capture video or pictures of the train tracks by where the bones were found? From various angles if its possible for you do do that? Also, can you video into the woods on both sides of the tracks? Can you also video near the ground in which the first set of bones were found? We have no idea how deep in the trees the remains were found scattered about. Thank you so much!

Here is the second updated $25,000 reward flyer for Heather Elvis:

You can find it on the Heather Elvis Media Thread here:
Media Thread

I will update the Media Thread as soon as a copy of the High-Resolution file becomes available.

:heartbeat: #FindHeatherElvis :heartbeat:
:please: #BringHeatherHome :please:

If you talk to anybody, tell them thank you, and lots of people are pulling for them and praying for them.

If everyone here hasn't hit "Like" on the findheaterelvis facebook page, will you please? A friend of the family who has been working relentlessly said they need 30,000 "likes" to get MSM/ national covererage.

Please don't forget to ask your friends to do the same!

Yes please. When you go to Tidewater, is it possible to capture video or pictures of the train tracks by where the bones were found? From various angles if its possible for you do do that? Also, can you video into the woods on both sides of the tracks? Can you also video near the ground in which the first set of bones were found? We have no idea how deep in the trees the remains were found scattered about. Thank you so much!

I might be able to help with just a shot of the road. Still recovering from surgery so not much ground action for me.

Volunteers search for Heather Elvis, set up tent for anonymous tips
by Marc Liverman mliverman@wpde.com
Posted: 01.04.2014 at 8:37 AM

(snip)
The tent is set up in Socastee near the swing bridge on Dick Pond Road by River City Café.

The tent was set up on Friday at 5 p.m. and will remain open 24 hours a day until Sunday at 11 p.m.

Image of the tent from news article:

(snip)
"What might be insignificant to you, might be the piece of the puzzle we're missing," said Bill Barrett, a concerned parent and volunteer.

Barrett says overnight they received three tips.

(Bold, italicized, color-text by me for emphasis)

More@Link
Volunteers search for Heather Elvis, set up tent for anonymous tips

I hope this approach works. :please:
Someone out there knows something!

I kind of doubt that I'll be able to since that's where they're searching and I don't want to get in their way. But I'll try.

Edit: Yeah I'm also gonna go by there too. (The tent @ Swing Bridge)

If everyone here hasn't hit "Like" on the findheaterelvis facebook page, will you please? A friend of the family who has been working relentlessly said they need 30,000 "likes" to get MSM coverage.

MSM should be covering this story and asking why LE is not holding any press conferences :banghead:

I so hope important clues are found during the searches this weekend...

And that her family gets some much needed answers!

:please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member