Enroll at "*advertiser censored* College"

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/sex_worker_school

SAN FRANCISCO - It's higher education of the horizontal variety. About 25 sex workers went to a college of sorts, sitting through lectures on effective marketing, stress reduction and condom-application skills.

"We are still illegal," instructor Kimberlee Cline said before her 20-minute demonstration. "If we want to be treated as business professionals, we need to act ethically within the industry."

Other cities, including Tucson, Ariz., Portland, Ore., Montreal and Taipei, Taiwan, have similar events, said organizer Carol Leigh.

"My own personal experience has been negative and positive, as with any job," said Kymberly Cutter, 36, a mother of two from Tucson who returned to prostitution two years ago to boost her income and regards it as part of a journey in "personal self-discovery." Her children, ages 7 and 9, know what she does for a living, she said.

Participants who stuck it out for the whole day received diplomas certifying them as G.S.W — graduates in sex work.

golfmom said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/sex_worker_school

"My own personal experience has been negative and positive, as with any job," said Kymberly Cutter, 36, a mother of two from Tucson who returned to prostitution two years ago to boost her income and regards it as part of a journey in "personal self-discovery." Her children, ages 7 and 9, know what she does for a living, she said.
her children must be sooo proud.

Kymberly Cutter, 36, a mother of two from Tucson who returned to prostitution two years ago to boost her income and regards it as part of a journey in "personal self-discovery." Her children, ages 7 and 9, know what she does for a living, she said.
My how nice. I wonder if she'll feel compelled to pass on her trade secrets to them. :loser:

Does anyone remember the Eddie Murphy skit on Saturday Night Live...Velvet Jones' How To Be A 'Hoe?

csds703 said:
her children must be sooo proud.

What the h**** is wrong with a women deciding what she wants to do with her body? I am all for the legalization of prositution. It would be taxed, providing revenue for the state it it allowed in..it gives women more control, and it helps to track these animals that pray on prostitues.

Again, I am finding members on here, basing their opinions on gut-reaction, rather than logic.

ladynblack said:
What the h**** is wrong with a women deciding what she wants to do with her body? I am all for the legalization of prositution. It would be taxed, providing revenue for the state it it allowed in..it gives women more control, and it helps to track these animals that pray on prostitues.

Again, I am finding members on here, basing their opinions on gut-reaction, rather than logic.
I do not think her 7 and 9 year old children are old enough to understand the ramifications of their mother's decision. The fact is prostitution is not legal and this mother is exposing her children to her deviant lifestyle. You talk about giving woman more control. HOW? Just because something is legal, it doesn't mean that the animals you speak of would stop praying on woman. If you're just looking to collect tax dollars, why should it be at the expense of prostitutes. Most woman who get into prostitution do not do it willingly.

csds703 said:
I do not think her 7 and 9 year old children are old enough to understand the ramifications of their mother's decision. The fact is prostitution is not legal and this mother is exposing her children to her deviant lifestyle. You talk about giving woman more control. HOW? Just because something is legal, it doesn't mean that the animals you speak of would stop praying on woman. If you're just looking to collect tax dollars, why should it be at the expense of prostitutes. Most woman who get into prostitution do not do it willingly.

On the issue of legality:
The oldest profession is not simply going to stop because people are intollerant of it. As csds703 (is that your real name?) says, most women do not choose to go into prostitution but do so because they are victims of circumstance. The main value of legalising prostitution is that it removes exploitation of these women by pimps and other criminal elements. Here in Holland legalisation has also meant regulation so that health checks and care are provided which lesson the spread of STD's to the public at large. Oh yes, they are also taxed and make state pension contributions. Imho this a far more civilised and compassionate way of dealing with reality than burying our heads in the sand. I believe this is what ladynblack is talking about.

On Telling the kids:
That's more tricky. There is the thing of not lying to children (they'll hate you when they eventually discover the truth) and of protecting them from the harsh realities of life. Tough call, I'm only glad I'm not in her shoes having to make that decision.

ladynblack said:

I agree it should be legal. I want to hear more about that "stress reduction" though. :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec: I think I need some of that. :rolleyes:

Jeana (DP) said:
I agree it should be legal. I want to hear more about that "stress reduction" though. :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec: I think I need some of that. :rolleyes:
You can go to Rio for stress reduction...It's national Orgasm Day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back