956 users online (156 members and 800 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Public appearances and other forms of cashing in ..

Since the convicted three are finding various ways to cash in on this crime post release (well mostly Damien, not so much Jessie), I thought we should have a spot to keep a record. This one is particularly B-Grade and appalling, I can't imagine even his staunchest supporters would think this is a good idea.

Tickets are GOING FAST for the very special and LIMITED signing appearance and stage performance by author, DAMIEN ECHOLS, happening SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8th at DAYS OF THE DEAD: Atlanta.

https://www.facebook.com/daysofthede...606529811037:0

http://www.daysofthedead.net/atlanta/
    Neither the state nor the defense team are saints, and there is usually plenty of incompetence to go around on both sides of the courtroom.

.. and Damien and Lorri are writing a new book .. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/ma...tory.html?_r=0
    Neither the state nor the defense team are saints, and there is usually plenty of incompetence to go around on both sides of the courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    .. and Damien and Lorri are writing a new book .. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/ma...tory.html?_r=0
    They are? I hadn't heard that. Did I miss something in the linked article? I admit I could use a nap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by primitivefuture View Post
    They are? I hadn't heard that. Did I miss something in the linked article? I admit I could use a nap.

There was nothing in there about them writing a book. Also that article is old because it says they live in Manhattan...they have lived in Salem for the past year.
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

Also I read somewhere that Damien does public apparances/tattoos to make some kind of living. I mean he's a convicted felon, he's not going to be able to get a real job.

also I think Damien's "stage performance" is a Q&A.
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

One thing I can understand about Echols is that he brings a lot of the hate/distaste people have for him onto himself. I'm not one of those people, necessarily; I don't consider myself a WM3 supporter nor a WM3 opponent -- but I do understand the hostility people have for him.

I know everyone is entitled to be themselves and do what they want, but with a profile like his, it wouldn't kill him to refrain from dressing like a demon on Halloween and doing "Days of the Dead" appearances -- it's counterproductive, both for him and his cause, in my view.

I guess, if it were me (thank God it isn't and I wouldn't wish that position on anybody), I would handle things a little differently than him; I'd try to have a little more tact and I'd try to relatively stay underneath the radar. This teenage-like rebellion, thumbing-my-nose-at-you schtick is far outdated by now and only perpetuates the hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by primitivefuture View Post

OK try this one, theirs is the 18th book to watch for here http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/03/sh...iew/index.html

Since the convicted three are finding various ways to cash in on this crime post release (well mostly Damien, not so much Jessie), I thought we should have a spot to keep a record. This one is particularly B-Grade and appalling, I can't imagine even his staunchest supporters would think this is a good idea.

Tickets are GOING FAST for the very special and LIMITED signing appearance and stage performance by author, DAMIEN ECHOLS, happening SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8th at DAYS OF THE DEAD: Atlanta.

https://www.facebook.com/daysofthede...606529811037:0

You would think he'd think it isn't such a good idea...but then again.
    The above mentioned text and views are my opinion and mine alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post

You would think he'd think it isn't such a good idea...but then again.
    Not sure about that. He does tend to still embrace the image he had 20yrs before.

I suppose as an admitted murderer he may need to cash in where he can. According to the report from when he moved to Salem he maintains the image of the dark.

??? nice job bashing someone purely for what interests them. which is exactly what got him convicted in the first place. people who enjoy reading the macabre are the outsiders. where would you have him go or appear? a mega church? dancing with the stars?
    like it or not, he's become a person of note, being that he very much has a story to tell, an horrific personal experience to share. what a price he has paid for such minor celebrity. i hope he can share, heal and reach out to others.
    Hinky Dinky Parlez Vous!-Sleuthy Gal

??? nice job bashing someone purely for what interests them. which is exactly what got him convicted in the first place. people who enjoy reading the macabre are the outsiders. where would you have him go or appear? a mega church? dancing with the stars?
    like it or not, he's become a person of note, being that he very much has a story to tell, an horrific personal experience to share. what a price he has paid for such minor celebrity. i hope he can share, heal and reach out to others.

Echols interests aren't what got him convicted, regardless of how much he likes to insist as much out one side of his mouth. The direct and circumstantial evidence presented at trial is what got him convicted, and even Echols agreed that body of evidence is sufficient for a finding of guilt when he offered his Alford plea deal. And I'm a fan of the macabre myself, but giving a convicted child murder who can't even bring himself to be honest about where he lived at at the time of the murders a platform from which to reach out and share his lies with others is depraved, particularly in the context of a horror convention.
    The Master said, "In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself." Confucius, The Doctrine of the Mean, James Legge translation

Failure is an opportunity. If you blame someone else, there is no end to the blame. Therefore the Master fulfills her own obligations and corrects her own mistakes. She does what she needs to do and demands nothing of others. Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching, Stephen Mitchell translation

Arrow

https://www.facebook.com/daysofthede...06529v811037:0

Yet on Rolf Harris's thread you appear to be applauding an alleged "victim" who is selling her unproven story to anyone with a cheque book.

Bit of a double standard there?
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

I love that Echols stays true to who he is!!! As he wrote in his memoir, Damien has always loved "magick" and it absolutely jives that after being wrongfully accused, convicted, and imprisoned on death row, that he would feel at home in Salem.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleb View Post
    Echols interests aren't what got him convicted, regardless of how much he likes to insist as much out one side of his mouth. The direct and circumstantial evidence presented at trial is what got him convicted, and even Echols agreed that body of evidence is sufficient for a finding of guilt when he offered his Alford plea deal. And I'm a fan of the macabre myself, but giving a convicted child murder who can't even bring himself to be honest about where he lived at at the time of the murders a platform from which to reach out and share his lies with others is depraved, particularly in the context of a horror convention.
    please list the catalog of direct and circumstantial evidence against DE presented at his trial. with links provided please, thanks.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast