1321 users online (309 members and 1012 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC - Ludimila 'Mila' Hiers, 24, Goose Creek, 15 March 2005

Man accused of child molestation and killing his wife. Look around people this creep could be in your backyard. Especially those of you who are outside of the US.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/07/off...ion/index.html

ok,
    i feel awful for the mother and the child.
    i just have this really, kinda mad feeling, about the mother.
    a man buying your child expensive gifts, and buying her flowers?
    does it say anywhere how long the man knew the mother and girl?

Police Officer Missing ,accused of murder,molestation.

Charleston, South Carolina (CNN) -- Once a respected police officer in Charleston, Daniel William Hiers is now the focus of an international manhunt -- accused of child molestation and murder.

The allegations against Hiers left one South Carolina woman "in total shock." "I was scared," said Leslie, who asked that her last name not be used because she is accusing Hiers of molesting her 11-year-old daughter.

Leslie said that when, after watching a video about inappropriate touching at school, the girl told her mother that Hiers had been touching her. "I gave her a hug and I told her everything was going to be OK," she said through tears. "That was hard."

According to police, Hiers would take the girl to places such as a Wal-Mart parking lot, fondle her repeatedly and make her touch him.
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

Why, why, why would you let a strange man send your child flowers, drive her ANYWHERE, spend time alone with her, and even consider giving him parental rights in case of an emergency!!!! Does this woman not read the papers and watch the news. She is so lucky that he didn't abduct this child. Thank goodness the child saw a video and had the good sense to tell her mother what was going on. Sounds to me like the child is more of an adult than the mother. Just sitting here shaking my head.

Will that mother face charges of negligence or child endangerment?

Read this about Hiers- He fell in love ( or something) with a 15 year old, the wife he murdered.
    " Hiers met Mila Cohe de Araujo in 1996 when she was vacationing in Miami, Florida, from Brazil. Hiers was 23 and Mila 15. They married two years later."

Apparently no one who knew him knew he was married until Mila's sister started talking. Sick man!!

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    Man accused of child molestation and killing his wife. Look around people this creep could be in your backyard. Especially those of you who are outside of the US.

someone, somewhere has to have seen this guy.............take a good look at his pic.....
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Anything new on this?

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    This was on dateline the other night. This guy is a police officer.

SC - America’s Most Wanted’ to feature murder case

The case of a former Charleston police officer wanted for murder in the death of his wife will be featured Saturday on the television program “America’s Most Wanted.”

Goose Creek police have issued a warrant for Daniel William Hiers Jr. The body of his wife, Ludimila Hiers, was found in the couple’s home March 15. She had been shot in the back of the head while she slept.

Authorities have been looking for Hiers, 32, since he failed to surrender in Dorchester County on unrelated charges the morning of the shooting.

The sheriff’s office has warrants on charges of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor and committing a lewd act on a minor.
    http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate...l/13109133.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Background articles

After months of trying to track down Daniel Hiers, the search has gone south to Texas. On Monday, June 20, 2005, investigators in Laredo discovered what could be a huge break in their investigation -- the missing car of murder victim, Ludimila Hiers. From the beginning, investigators believed Dan Hiers was driving his wife's red Chevrolet Aveo right after the murder.
    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=30956

Since Hiers disappeared, authorities have received tips he was seen in a Starbucks in New York, at a Blockbuster video store in Massachusetts and jogging in North Carolina.

The car Hiers was driving when he left the area was found this summer in Laredo, Texas. The odometer indicated the 2005 Chevrolet Aveo probably was driven straight to Texas from the Lowcountry.

"My gut tells me he's somewhere near here," Dorchester County sheriff's Lt. Tom Marshall said.

Neither Marshall nor Goose Creek police Lt. Dave Soderberg think Hiers is in Texas or crossed into Mexico. http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld...l/13109904.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SC - Dan W. Hiers Jr. fugitive

I'm not sure if anyone has started a thread about this, but there is a fugitive named Dan William Hiers Jr. who is wanted for suspected murder and rape of a child in the state of South Carolina. Hiers is in the top 5 on "America's Most Wanted"' and he is believed to be in Texas, Mexico or even still in South Carolina. He was a police officer who was married and he allegedly murdered his wife in her sleep in early 2005 then took off. At the time he was also being investigated for alleged molestation of a little girl.

This was my friend's neighbor, if it's the same police officer who killed his wife in her sleep.
    nothing seems black when i see your red shoes

That's the guy. He's still out there and nobody seems to know where he is. It's very frustrating because I think somebody out there knows, but they're not telling.

he is probably in Mexico. I was reading one of the articles where they say that he is probably still in SC, but that was back then when this first happened.

Could he be living with his family? I am sure they are watched constantly, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Miller View Post
    he is probably in Mexico. I was reading one of the articles where they say that he is probably still in SC, but that was back then when this first happened.

Could he be living with his family? I am sure they are watched constantly, though.
    I highly doubt he's still in SC, but you never know. One of the questions I've always wondered is how come criminals can't be tracked down by credit and ATM cards. He'd almost have to get money somewhere at some time. How's he paying for groceries, utilities, etc.? And if he robbed someone or stole items, someone would have reported him to the police, right? That is, unless they were killed, too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast