SC SC - Ludimila 'Mila' Hiers, 24, Goose Creek, 15 March 2005

ok,
i feel awful for the mother and the child.
i just have this really, kinda mad feeling, about the mother.
a man buying your child expensive gifts, and buying her flowers?
does it say anywhere how long the man knew the mother and girl?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/07/officer.accused.molestation/index.html

Charleston, South Carolina (CNN) -- Once a respected police officer in Charleston, Daniel William Hiers is now the focus of an international manhunt -- accused of child molestation and murder.

The allegations against Hiers left one South Carolina woman "in total shock." "I was scared," said Leslie, who asked that her last name not be used because she is accusing Hiers of molesting her 11-year-old daughter.

Leslie said that when, after watching a video about inappropriate touching at school, the girl told her mother that Hiers had been touching her. "I gave her a hug and I told her everything was going to be OK," she said through tears. "That was hard."

According to police, Hiers would take the girl to places such as a Wal-Mart parking lot, fondle her repeatedly and make her touch him.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Why, why, why would you let a strange man send your child flowers, drive her ANYWHERE, spend time alone with her, and even consider giving him parental rights in case of an emergency!!!! Does this woman not read the papers and watch the news. She is so lucky that he didn't abduct this child. Thank goodness the child saw a video and had the good sense to tell her mother what was going on. Sounds to me like the child is more of an adult than the mother. Just sitting here shaking my head.

Will that mother face charges of negligence or child endangerment?

Read this about Hiers- He fell in love ( or something) with a 15 year old, the wife he murdered.
" Hiers met Mila Cohe de Araujo in 1996 when she was vacationing in Miami, Florida, from Brazil. Hiers was 23 and Mila 15. They married two years later."

Apparently no one who knew him knew he was married until Mila's sister started talking. Sick man!!

Anything new on this?

This was on dateline the other night. This guy is a police officer.

The case of a former Charleston police officer wanted for murder in the death of his wife will be featured Saturday on the television program “America’s Most Wanted.”

Goose Creek police have issued a warrant for Daniel William Hiers Jr. The body of his wife, Ludimila Hiers, was found in the couple’s home March 15. She had been shot in the back of the head while she slept.

Authorities have been looking for Hiers, 32, since he failed to surrender in Dorchester County on unrelated charges the morning of the shooting.

The sheriff’s office has warrants on charges of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor and committing a lewd act on a minor.
http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/news/local/13109133.htm

After months of trying to track down Daniel Hiers, the search has gone south to Texas. On Monday, June 20, 2005, investigators in Laredo discovered what could be a huge break in their investigation -- the missing car of murder victim, Ludimila Hiers. From the beginning, investigators believed Dan Hiers was driving his wife's red Chevrolet Aveo right after the murder.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=30956

Since Hiers disappeared, authorities have received tips he was seen in a Starbucks in New York, at a Blockbuster video store in Massachusetts and jogging in North Carolina.

The car Hiers was driving when he left the area was found this summer in Laredo, Texas. The odometer indicated the 2005 Chevrolet Aveo probably was driven straight to Texas from the Lowcountry.

"My gut tells me he's somewhere near here," Dorchester County sheriff's Lt. Tom Marshall said.

Neither Marshall nor Goose Creek police Lt. Dave Soderberg think Hiers is in Texas or crossed into Mexico. http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/news/local/13109904.htm

I'm not sure if anyone has started a thread about this, but there is a fugitive named Dan William Hiers Jr. who is wanted for suspected murder and rape of a child in the state of South Carolina. Hiers is in the top 5 on "America's Most Wanted"' and he is believed to be in Texas, Mexico or even still in South Carolina. He was a police officer who was married and he allegedly murdered his wife in her sleep in early 2005 then took off. At the time he was also being investigated for alleged molestation of a little girl.

This was my friend's neighbor, if it's the same police officer who killed his wife in her sleep.

That's the guy. He's still out there and nobody seems to know where he is. It's very frustrating because I think somebody out there knows, but they're not telling.

he is probably in Mexico. I was reading one of the articles where they say that he is probably still in SC, but that was back then when this first happened.

Could he be living with his family? I am sure they are watched constantly, though.

he is probably in Mexico. I was reading one of the articles where they say that he is probably still in SC, but that was back then when this first happened.

Could he be living with his family? I am sure they are watched constantly, though.
I highly doubt he's still in SC, but you never know. One of the questions I've always wondered is how come criminals can't be tracked down by credit and ATM cards. He'd almost have to get money somewhere at some time. How's he paying for groceries, utilities, etc.? And if he robbed someone or stole items, someone would have reported him to the police, right? That is, unless they were killed, too.

I highly doubt he's still in SC, but you never know. One of the questions I've always wondered is how come criminals can't be tracked down by credit and ATM cards. He'd almost have to get money somewhere at some time. How's he paying for groceries, utilities, etc.?

If his relatives or friends are stupid enough to help him run from the law, they could wire him money to anywhere. He doesn't need an id because Western Union offers a test question and answer for those who don't have ID's. He could be using any name and having the money wired to him.

He could be working as a handy man and getting paid under the table. As for paying for utilities, he could be in a campground, or renting a room from someone where the utilities are included.

Just some thoughts.

IIRC the car was found in Laredo (Texas).

I read somewhere in an article that they feel he planted the car there to throw the police off, they don't feel he is in the area. But with him being a former cop he may have banked on them thinking that way and may be residing in the area.

If his relatives or friends are stupid enough to help him run from the law, they could wire him money to anywhere. He doesn't need an id because Western Union offers a test question and answer for those who don't have ID's. He could be using any name and having the money wired to him.

He could be working as a handy man and getting paid under the table. As for paying for utilities, he could be in a campground, or renting a room from someone where the utilities are included.

Just some thoughts.
Okay, I did some research on Hiers. He posted on the Geneology website's forum back in 2001 and said that his grandfather's name was Roy Mole. He also had an e-mail address at the time which was from gateway.net I won't post the address publicly, but if anyone wants me to give it to them privately, just e-mail me.

Hiers also befriended a guy named Dale Coker who is a sensei at a local karate center. Hiers also knows karate.

Just some thoughts.
Something else about Hiers. I found his name listed as attending a Flowertown Festival in Charleston, SC in 2002 and a Toys for Tots run in 2004. No other Hiers was listed in these two places.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back