GUILTY PA - Timothy Davison, 28, murdered by mistake while driving on I-81, Antrim Township, 4 Jan 2014

Shadow205

Reaction score
Updated: Tuesday, January 7 2014, 10:26 AM CST Posted by: Ewa Roman

State Police say 28-year-old Timothy Davison of Poland, Maine called 911 saying the driver of a Ford ranger style pickup truck was chasing him. The driver then ran into Davison's car and caused him to spin into the median. The suspect then approached Davison and fired several shots at him. Davison was taken to York Hospital, where he later died.
<snip>
State Police say to this point in the investigation, this incident appears to be a random act. They have not found anything yet that would lead investigators to believe the victim and the suspect knew each other.

Read More at: http://www.local21news.com/news/fea...-police-find-shooter-road-rage-homicide-5503.

"Police were also investigating any possible connection to a roadway shooting Friday evening on a local road in York County, about 30 miles away.

A driver told police that someone in a black pickup truck followed him recklessly in Monaghan Township at about 6:45 p.m., then fired several shots into his truck. One bullet hit the driver's head rest.

Davison was shot in Antrim Township, and later pronounced dead at a York hospital. He had been driving home to Poland, Maine, after visiting relatives in Florida over the holidays, police said."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pa-police-seek-gunman-in-i-81-slaying-near-md/

Only 30 miles apart, same general description on vehicle, similar encounter. I would like to know how the 1st incident ended.

Thanks for posting this Shadow...I've been following this case and hope they find this person(s) asap

Posted: 12:25 PM
Updated: 1:09 PM
Pa. police cancel press conference on road rage shooting
State police said they were still investigating the shooting and the possibility that it may be related to a previous shooting about eight hours earlier.

<snip>
The release also indicated that the shooter could potentially attack someone again.

“The potential for additional incidents of similar nature is anticipated due to the violent nature of this incident,” the release said.

Authorities have yet to say whether they have identified a suspect.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/PA_police_cancel_press_conference_on_road_rage_shooting_.html

Word needs to get out on this perp before he goes on another shooting spree.
You're welcome Blondie in spokane.

There is a chance that someone driving by saw something and don't even realize it.

<snip>

Police in Pennsylvania, where the shooting took place, and in Maryland, where Davison first called 911 to report that another motorist was following him aggressively, are still investigating but have not found the suspect.

Many of Davison&#8217;s friends and others have taken to social media websites like Facebook to protest the manner in which the investigation has taken place. They can&#8217;t understand why police still have not caught his killer.

Colby said the investigation has been frustrating for him.

&#8220;I have to believe someone saw something and will come forward,&#8221; he said. &#8220;The family deserves that justice to bring closure.&#8221;

Davison&#8217;s mother, however, said she believes police are doing all they can.

&#8220;This story is out nationally now. We hope whoever did this is found,&#8221; Allocca said this week as she made arrangements for her son&#8217;s funeral service on Saturday.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Friends__family_of_slain_Poland_man_still_in_shock_.html?pagenum=full

Kentucky police checking possible link between highway cop killing, Pa. road rage murder

EXCLUSIVE: Kentucky investigators probing the murder of a police officer on a state highway last May plan to contact Pennsylvania authorities to see whether there is a connection to Saturday's road-rage killing there, an official told FoxNews.com.

"We're going to give them a call to see what we can find out," said Kentucky State Trooper Jeff Gregory, public information officer for the Kentucky State Police, which has been stymied for more than seven months since the murder of Jason Ellis, a Bardstown, Ky., cop shot and killed along a state highway May 25 after leaving his car to remove debris from the road.

The rest at link: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/0...etween-highway-cop-killing-pa-road-rage-case/

This story has been front and center locally here in Maryland. They have now said that they believe the suspect vehicle to be a Ford Ranger XLT, dark in color, possibly blue. To me that is a pretty specific identification, hopefully they learned a lesson from the Sniper case and they are positive that is the vehicle we are looking for. I also found it interesting that they said they thought the original encounter may have started on I70 as I have no reason to imagine why Mr.Davidson would have been using that route.

I think the priority for police should be determining a close to exact location for where the incident began to identify a direction of travel for the suspect, and also taking into account the fact that he turned around and headed south after the fatal encounter. I was able to find a couple of cases of extreme road rage involving a blue small size pick up but those cases were in California and Washington state.

I am in my 60's and have become very worried about stuff that is happening to me with increasing frequency- angry aggressive drivers with murderous rage. The ones I encounter are usually young, early 20's, drive some huge pickup with big tires and look like body builders. I have to wonder if they are shooting up steroids or possibly taking too much ADD medication. I have something like this happen to me usually every few months, and not on the open highway, right in my neighborhood.

I no longer honk at someone- even if they run a stop sign right in front of me and try not to look at other drivers at stop lights. Dear God- has it come to this/? What the hell is wrong with society?

I have been doing a lot of searching on this case, based on the reports I have read it sounds like the victim may have left 95 at the DC beltway and traveled up I-270 to 70 West to hook up with I-81 at Hagerstown. I-270 (near Frederick at 70) was the scene of a double fatal road rage crash involving a green pickup in 2007, that driver has never been found after leaving the scene.

http://blog.pennlive.com/lvbreakingnews/2007/04/police_release_sketch_of_suspe.html

I am in my 60's and have become very worried about stuff that is happening to me with increasing frequency- angry aggressive drivers with murderous rage. The ones I encounter are usually young, early 20's, drive some huge pickup with big tires and look like body builders. I have to wonder if they are shooting up steroids or possibly taking too much ADD medication. I have something like this happen to me usually every few months, and not on the open highway, right in my neighborhood.

I no longer honk at someone- even if they run a stop sign right in front of me and try not to look at other drivers at stop lights. Dear God- has it come to this/? What the hell is wrong with society?

I hear ya Snick, when I recently drove home for the holidays, I passed a guy who was going 40 in a 55 mph zone. No big deal; I put my blinker on to indicate I was passing, I didn't ride his bumper (hate bumper-riders!) prior to passing him, and I wasn't upset in the least - just figured he wasn't familiar with the roads (i.e., holiday traveler...), maybe a new driver, or simply was concerned (overly) about black-ice. Anyhow, as soon as I passed him and got back into the lane, he put his high beams on and sped up riding my bumper. No matter how fast I went (even up to 70 mph, he was right on my bumper (with high beams). This went on for about 10 miles and I was finally able to speed up around a bend and make an abrupt right-hand turn onto a logging road and tuck in before he saw me. I waited for him to go by and then even waited an additional 5 minutes before I re-entered the highway. I just simply couldn't see a good end in sight considering his aggressiveness so I did what I thought would get me out of the situation - thankfully he didn't see me turn onto the logging road...This was in a very rural area and the nearest police station would have been an hour away in the opposite direction. As a woman traveling alone at night... very scarey!

I think that area (DC, MD and Se PA and to some extent northern VA) is a real bad area for road rage. IDK why- maybe people who live there are in a hurry and have no patience for out of state visitors- I was with my wife and son last Summer when some guy followed us onto the Interstate in northern VA apparently angry at some infraction we'd done. He pulled along side of us twice and was yelling- after the first time I tried ignoring him- I then did sort of what you did, saw an exit coming up, held my speed so he wouldn't realize we were exiting then flipped over- he slowed down then apparently realized it was too late to make the turn and we lost him. He was a middle aged guy, respectable looking maybe mid 40's.

On another occasion we went to a funeral out of town and were looking for the exit to get to the funeral home, we did slow down suddenly which was our bad, but the guy in back of us- huge pickup- laid on his horn and started chasing us. He pursed us right into the parking lot of the funeral home. Now wouldn't you think a rational person by then would have sized up the situation and left- but no this guy acts like he's going to get out of his car right there in front of the funeral home. I did something totally out of character for me. I got out of my car, walked up to him and screamed at him that we were here for a funeral and to leave us alone. I tossed in some profanity also.

It was amazing- it was as if he'd been in some trance- his expression changed and he mumbled some apology and left quietly. I think some of these guys are just on automatic pilot or something, they have so much rage going all the time.

So far as this case is concerned I think this was not road rage, probably this is a mobile serial killer who saw a vulnerable looking young man alone at night and went after him. I am not a big gun fanatic but I wonder what would have happened if the victim had one with him? Hope they get this guy..

Maybe it's time we stopped giving these people passes and turn them in. They do it because no one stops them. A form of control, I guess. If you can get their marker number call it in and let LE handle them. jmo

I live in Hagerstown and haven't heard anything new. Sadly if the shooter doesn't do it again, he probably won't get caught.

Ok I know that some are saying it isn't bring investigated properly but think about it...

It happened at 2:30 AM. If you were driving that late and saw 2 cars on the side of the road, would you stop? People (if any went by) probably thought it was a fender bender or break down and it was being handled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been doing a lot of searching on this case, based on the reports I have read it sounds like the victim may have left 95 at the DC beltway and traveled up I-270 to 70 West to hook up with I-81 at Hagerstown. I-270 (near Frederick at 70) was the scene of a double fatal road rage crash involving a green pickup in 2007, that driver has never been found after leaving the scene.

http://blog.pennlive.com/lvbreakingnews/2007/04/police_release_sketch_of_suspe.html

That's a very common route for people traveling from the southeast US to New England. They'll take I-81 to Scranton and then I-84 eastbound. It's slightly longer but it takes you away from the heavily traveled I-95 corridor with its high tolls.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back