GA - Jennifer Wilbanks, runaway bride, for false police report, Duluth, 2005

Siouxzee

Reaction score
They say that Jennifer Wilbanks has been found alive in New Mexico, they believe she was abducted. She has talked to her family from Albequerque NM. She said a man and woman abducted her, cut her hair and taking her across country.

Siouxzee said:
They say that Jennifer Wilbanks has been found alive in New Mexico, they believe she was abducted. She has talked to her family from Albequerque NM. She said a man and woman abducted her, cut her hair and taking her across country.

I just heard! I was so glad to hear this! CNN is reporting this. They are on the air talking to her twin brother. Glad I was wrong about Mason.:woohoo:

Wow! You just beat me to posting this...I am so happy to hear that she is alive!
What a bizarre story...kidnapped by a COUPLE!!!

I'm anxious to hear more info.

Siouxzee said:

OMG, this is great news!

what wonderful news for this family and husband to be. there is truely a god, I have asked many prayers for this family and now all this is over thank you lord for sheilding her from danger and guiding her home...

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

All his father was doing was shielding him from a system he knows all too well.

They are now reporting that she made it up.... that she arrived by bus.... and needed time away- she was concerned about the wedding.

CNN

UGH!

audrey77 said:
They are now reporting that she made it up.... that she arrived by bus.... and needed time away- she was concerned about the wedding.

CNN

UGH!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG! get this dear girl the help she needs!

I apologize sooooo much for thinking he had something to do with this!!!!!!! God forgive me for my suspicions!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God she's ok...with all going on in this crazy world, at least this story had a happy ending!

less0305 said:
I apologize sooooo much for thinking he had something to do with this!!!!!!! God forgive me for my suspicions!!!!!!!!!!
I am so thankful that Jennifer is alive! There are way too many cases that end tragically.

However, I am not so sure that John did not have something to do with this - I maintain that he did not appear *physically* stressed. IF he knew that she needed to get away a few days, it would make sense that he was not worried about her AND that he was counting on the wedding.

I recall him saying that the wedding would take place.

In any evert, shame on Jennifer and any person aware of the situation for worring those who love her and for taking advantage of LE and other resources.

Also, heard on Fox News that there are no Greyhound Bus Stations in Duluth - that the nearest is in Gainsville which is too far to run or walk and that there is no public transportation between them..........therefore, she would have had to have assistance in her "getaway".

It will be interesting to know IF there were any reports made by bus drivers, ticket salesmen, or other bus riders of Jennifer's presence...........or if the lack of tv's in bus stations combined with the financial status of most bus drivers prevented them from even knowing of this "missing woman"........afterall, it is mainly cable news that runs the "breaking news" nonstop.

I believe that Duluth LE acted properly and they need to be commended for their outstanding service. It is just that these phony abductions do so much harm to the cause of real abductions! I believe that all persons involved in this case or any such case should be placed on probation and have to pay the costs involved.......they do not need to be in jail - that just costs the taxpayer.

Does the boy who cried wolf come to mind...after the entire community worked to help find her.....how can an adult woman put somany people through this???? Bizarre!!!:razz:

If the wedding does take place, at least the bridemaids, ushers, caterer, hall rental, etc. will not be left in financial distress. However, I think J. Mason should be the one to get cold feet and make a run for the border.

This makes me sooooo angry. Shame on HER! Beeeeeeech! How dare she let her family worry so! Hope he's smart enough NOT to marry her. Major mental malfunctions going on in her brain.

Peabody said:
Also, heard on Fox News that there are no Greyhound Bus Stations in Duluth - that the nearest is in Gainsville which is too far to run or walk and that there is no public transportation between them..........therefore, she would have had to have assistance in her "getaway".

QUOTE]

This bit about the bus station is inaccurate on Fox News's part. The nearest bus station is actually in Norcross. It is only 5 miles from Duluth and she could have easily run there. I don't know whether John knew what she was doing or not but she didn't necessarily need his assistance.

I find it incredibly disturbing that she would do this and it makes me wonder what other issues are at play here.

Above all else, thank God that she is alive and that her family will not have to suffer like so many others have had to.

Trino said:
If the wedding does take place, at least the bridemaids, ushers, caterer, hall rental, etc. will not be left in financial distress. However, I think J. Mason should be the one to get cold feet and make a run for the border.
Me too!

Trino said:

That's a thought! She is too immature to get married. She may be too immature to even be a daughter. She surely put her parents through misery. That was cold and selfish!

If the hub-to-be knew about this, he, too, is immature.

This was a hateful act. Sure, get them both help. I don't care now.

Is the wedding still set to go? I would love to hear a statement from their pastor!

I'm glad she is alive, tho.

I myself was having a nervous breakdown and panic attacks before my wedding...bt I never even thought to do such a thing...instead I went through with it...and have a terrififc son and a divorce to show for it....BUT to put everyone through this she has to have severe mental problems!!

I would love to hear a statement from their pastor!
He just gave one. Among the words he used were "fiasco," and "disappointed."

He also said that John spoke to both families, saying that the Bible allows for people to make mistakes, that the Bible calls them sins, that these sins re-crucify Jesus, and that God forgives and that is grace.

Which is a bizarre statement, to me, implying that your fiancee just re-nailed Jesus (my opinion only of course). This could get ugly.

Y'know, running away from an obscene exercise in excess like a $100K wedding seems more like a moment of clarity than a mental disorder. But maybe that's just me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back