"I'm Sorry ... I'm So Sorry."

capps

Reaction score
I've only just learned of this statement that John Ramsey said to people the day they discovered JonBenets' body. And I find it strange. Why would he be saying this? Or did it just come from a man in pain just babbling? Also I'm not sure if he was saying this to any one in particular,or just in general?

What say you?

It's been a long time since I've read up on this case but (and I may be wrong) wasn't it Patsy that said that?

I beleive jr said i,m so sorry and patsy said we didnt mean for this to happen

with the 'i'm so sorry' one, i agree it's strange. He could mean, "i'm so sorry i was fast asleep" or "i'm so sorry i wasnt paying enough attention to JonBenet"

as in "this is a crime by smoeone who knows us... i'm so sorry i didnt pick up the cues quicker, so sorry i was too wrapped up in my work to notice a killer..."

that kind of thing

whereas Patsy bizarre "we didnt mean for this to happen"... yikes, what could that have innocently meant?

if they didn't mean for JB to have her skull cracked in, what DID they mean for? a slight bump on the noggin? i find it hard to think of an innocent explanation for that one..

what DID they mean to happen?

The early off-the-cuff comments by the Ramseys, before they lawyered up, seem to indicate they know who killed JonBenet; it was more than one person involved; but they haven't yet figured things out as to WHY. For example:

In regard to John, PMPT pb, pg 54: "I don't get it, he said over and over. Then he got up, walked outside, shook his head, and asked aloud, WHY?"

In regard to Patsy, PMPT pb, pg 53 (Patsy talking to Pam Griffin): "You know, they've killed my baby." Pam noticed Patsy used the word 'they'.

"Patsy said something like 'We didn't mean for this to happen', Pam would say later."

"Later, Pam couldn't say why, but she remembered feeling as if Patsy knew who killed JonBenet but was afraid to say."

BlueCrab

I was going to say this was in Schiller's PMPT.

PERMISSION to borrow JonBenet for a while that night for SOME purpose must have been given by the too-trusting parents, "hence" Patsy's statement "We didn't mean for THIS to happen," and John's "Sorry, so sorry" when he and some friends went for a walk towards the foothills.

The Enquirer this week says LE's again looking at the intruder going after the 14-yr old girl from Dance West. He'd been seen at the dance school, smoking a lot, and the girl said he smelled like cigarettes. If they can just find him and get his DNA, etc. Maybe he would have fashioned a garotte out of a belt or something if the mother hadn't heard a slight noise and come a-running with her pepper spray. But why would he wait a year? Was he also seen at Pasta Jay's and around, in the vicinity of Susannah Chase?

The palm print was determined to be Melinda's, correct?

Gosh .. there are so many unanswered questions,and loose ends ... it's so frustrating!!

I was interested in this case when it first happened,and then I lost interest once there really wasn't more news coming in. I was following (with an obsession) the Peterson case,and that's how I found WS and got back into the Ramsey case. Now I'm hooked all over again!

I was looking at some of the earlier threads,very interesting! I wish I would have found this forum sooner!!

Keep up the good work every one!!

BlueCrab said:
In regard to Patsy, PMPT pb, pg 53 (Patsy talking to Pam Griffin): "You know, they've killed my baby." Pam noticed Patsy used the word 'they'.

"Later, Pam couldn't say why, but she remembered feeling as if Patsy knew who killed JonBenet but was afraid to say."

BlueCrab
"They" are the alters. Patsy has DID. I suspect she was trying to tell someone about that for some time before "they" killed her daughter.

Red Dragon 01 said:
"They" are the alters. Patsy has DID. I suspect she was trying to tell someone about that for some time before "they" killed her daughter.

What is "DID"? Are you referring to multiple personality disorder?
I see no evidence of that.
I think Patsy's biggest problem is that she was basically a snob. And she indulged her children who were known to be rather bratty.
And it is very possible that Burke, in a fit of anger - harmed his sister and his parents stepped in to cover it all up. To protect their wealth, position and name. So they thought in the beginning. Never dreaming the crime and their "name" would become internationally recognized.

Of any scenario with the known facts - this one fits best.

When someone kills your child you can't say, "HE killed my baby" since you don't know if it was a "he." You can't say "SHE killed my baby" for the same reason. All that's left is "Someone killed my baby" or THEY killed my baby." I see nothing wrong in the way Patsy phrased it.

BeeBee that's fair.

We also have to remember it was a statement made just shortly after discovering JB's body,when emotions are high,it would be nit picking to go on about how she said "they' instead of "someone"
This is a good example of the "over analyzing" I memtioned in one of my previous posts.(Something that I also am guilty of sometimes.)

The I'm sorry statement though,has me a bit baffled ... but the more I think of it,it may not be all that important in the grand scheme of things.

While I'm here ....

I never bought any books on this case,and would like to. There are several out there,and I don't want to buy them all. Is there any suggestions as to which book is the best to purchase?

BeeBee said:
When someone kills your child you can't say, "HE killed my baby" since you don't know if it was a "he." You can't say "SHE killed my baby" for the same reason. All that's left is "Someone killed my baby" or THEY killed my baby." I see nothing wrong in the way Patsy phrased it.

BeeBee,

"They" is plural, no matter how hard one tries to muddle the definition.

Patsy has also been known to say that TWO people know who did this crime; and Patsy's sister Pam admitted to Greta VanSusteran on live TV that TWO people were involved, and she knows who they are but is not sure which one is the actual killer.

And years ago a poster by the name of Lake used to post here on WS about two boys committing the crime. I have it on pretty good authority that Lake was Mark Olshaker, John Douglas' co-author on most of the books published by Douglas, including Mind Hunter.

BlueCrab

On the way back to DC after JFK was shot, Jackie Kennedy's reason for not changing out of the blood-stained suit was she wanted "what they did" to be seen.

BeeBee said:
If Mrs. Ramsey said "They," I would think it is because the ransom note said "We." .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back