1019 users online (191 members and 828 guests)  

Websleuths News

Dennis Rodman 'playing games' with imprisoned American's life, family says

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/08/world/...man/?hpt=hp_t2

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    NEW: "There is no diplomacy, only games" at Kenneth Bae's expense, his sister says
    The sister, Terri Chung, says her family is angry that Rodman suggested Bae's guilty of crime
    "Do you understand what he did in this country?" Rodman asked in a CNN interview
    Bill Richardson says Rodman drank "too much of the Kool-Aid" from North Korea

The NBA also has distanced itself from Rodman's trip.

"Dennis will be Dennis, but I think there is a lot at stake here in terms of a ... a very dangerous country," outgoing NBA Commissioner David Stern said Tuesday on "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."

The NBA has had preliminary discussions with Pyongyang about a cultural exchange, Stern said. But he said he wouldn't send any players to North Korea without White House approval.

"Sports diplomacy is a wonderful thing," he said. "But they should be done in a far more dignified fashion than this particular trip is being carried out."
    More at link.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

The man is certifiable...it seems birds of a feather...

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Why should Rodman take it upon himself to intervene in the Bae case? He is not there as a diplomat or an activist, he is there to play basketball. It would be completely inappropriate, not to mention dangerous, to insert himself.

In any case, my understanding is that Bae was using his tourist trips as a cover to do covert missionary work in and around the North. What did he expect would happen when the North Koreans found out? He is lucky he wasn't shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    Why should Rodman take it upon himself to intervene in the Bae case? He is not there as a diplomat or an activist, he is there to play basketball. It would be completely inappropriate, not to mention dangerous, to insert himself.

In any case, my understanding is that Bae was using his tourist trips as a cover to do covert missionary work in and around the North. What did he expect would happen when the North Koreans found out? He is lucky he wasn't shot.
    Imagine if he were there doing something really detrimental to the human race...like drug trafficking...human trafficking....espionage.

Dennis Rodman sings 'Happy Birthday' to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldno...#ixzz2pwnmIQRO

Rodman, in trouble over interview, blames drink

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/0...0KJ29720140109

Jan 9 (Reuters) - Retired U.S. basketball star Dennis Rodman apologised on Thursday for suggesting that an American jailed by North Korea was himself to blame for landing in prison, adding that he was upset at the time and had been drinking........

"I want to apologise. I take full responsibility for my actions, Rodman said in a statement issued by his American publicist.

"It had been a very stressful day. Some of my teammates were leaving because of pressure from their families and business associates," Rodman said. "My dreams of basketball diplomacy were quickly falling apart. I had been drinking. It's not an excuse but by time the interview happened I was upset. I was overwhelmed."........

More at link.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Smooth move there Dennis And in North Korea
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"
    #finddani

How much is the little dictator paying him?

Am I bad for thinking that Rodman has gone off the deep end?

Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark View Post
    Am I bad for thinking that Rodman has gone off the deep end?
    Let just hope he found the bottom ,and it is only up from here. I doubt it but we can hope...

Wow....is this depressing.....good Lord.....

"Life inside the surreal, cruel & sheltered North Korea"

http://nypost.com/2014/01/11/life-in...d-north-korea/

Rodman Apologizes for not helping US missionary.....

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...9578?source=hp

Dennis Rodman Checks Into Rehab After North Korea Trip

http://www.eonline.com/news/501282/d...rth-korea-trip

The former NBA baller entered an undisclosed rehabilitation center to treat his long-time struggle with alcoholism recently, his rep, Darren Prince, confirmed Sunday, according to People.

News of Rodman's decision to seek treatment comes after he flipped out on CNN's Chris Cuomo during his trip to North Korea earlier this month.

More at link.....