Dennis Rodman 'playing games' with imprisoned American's life, family says

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/08/world/asia/north-korea-dennis-rodman/?hpt=hp_t2

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
NEW: "There is no diplomacy, only games" at Kenneth Bae's expense, his sister says
The sister, Terri Chung, says her family is angry that Rodman suggested Bae's guilty of crime
"Do you understand what he did in this country?" Rodman asked in a CNN interview
Bill Richardson says Rodman drank "too much of the Kool-Aid" from North Korea

The NBA also has distanced itself from Rodman's trip.

"Dennis will be Dennis, but I think there is a lot at stake here in terms of a ... a very dangerous country," outgoing NBA Commissioner David Stern said Tuesday on "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."

The NBA has had preliminary discussions with Pyongyang about a cultural exchange, Stern said. But he said he wouldn't send any players to North Korea without White House approval.

"Sports diplomacy is a wonderful thing," he said. "But they should be done in a far more dignified fashion than this particular trip is being carried out."

More at link.....

The man is certifiable...it seems birds of a feather...

Why should Rodman take it upon himself to intervene in the Bae case? He is not there as a diplomat or an activist, he is there to play basketball. It would be completely inappropriate, not to mention dangerous, to insert himself.

In any case, my understanding is that Bae was using his tourist trips as a cover to do covert missionary work in and around the North. What did he expect would happen when the North Koreans found out? He is lucky he wasn't shot.

Why should Rodman take it upon himself to intervene in the Bae case? He is not there as a diplomat or an activist, he is there to play basketball. It would be completely inappropriate, not to mention dangerous, to insert himself.

In any case, my understanding is that Bae was using his tourist trips as a cover to do covert missionary work in and around the North. What did he expect would happen when the North Koreans found out? He is lucky he wasn't shot.

Imagine if he were there doing something really detrimental to the human race...like drug trafficking...human trafficking....espionage.

Rodman, in trouble over interview, blames drink

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/01/09/korea-north-rodman-idINL3N0KJ29720140109

Jan 9 (Reuters) - Retired U.S. basketball star Dennis Rodman apologised on Thursday for suggesting that an American jailed by North Korea was himself to blame for landing in prison, adding that he was upset at the time and had been drinking........

"I want to apologise. I take full responsibility for my actions, Rodman said in a statement issued by his American publicist.

"It had been a very stressful day. Some of my teammates were leaving because of pressure from their families and business associates," Rodman said. "My dreams of basketball diplomacy were quickly falling apart. I had been drinking. It's not an excuse but by time the interview happened I was upset. I was overwhelmed."........

More at link.....

Smooth move there Dennis :banghead: And in North Korea :tantrum:

Dennis Rodman Checks Into Rehab After North Korea Trip

http://www.eonline.com/news/501282/dennis-rodman-checks-into-alcohol-rehab-after-north-korea-trip

The former NBA baller entered an undisclosed rehabilitation center to treat his long-time struggle with alcoholism recently, his rep, Darren Prince, confirmed Sunday, according to People.

News of Rodman's decision to seek treatment comes after he flipped out on CNN's Chris Cuomo during his trip to North Korea earlier this month.

More at link.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back