1175 users online (243 members and 932 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Body of newborn found in trash, Sam Houston University, 4 May 2005

On the corner of Avenue M and 16th Street, a Catholic church has erected a shrine ''in the memory of victims of abortion" and two large signs one in Spanish and the other in English offering assistance to pregnant women in crisis.

Across the street, a dead newborn was found Wednesday night in a green trash bin at Sam Houston State University.

''It's ironic," university spokesman Frank Krystyniak said Thursday as campus police continued to search for the person who left the baby girl.

Campus officials and some students said they can't understand why the person did not leave the baby at the church or at two nearby fire stations, which are a designated child placement facility under the state's Baby Moses law.

The law allows women to leave a newborn at a facility that can provide emergency care.

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

...it's so sad, and beyond comprehension to me, that anyone would feel their only choice would be to abandon their baby...

...my neice and her husband, of 5 years, have been trying IVF for 3 years, and have had to suffer the heartache of in-vitro 'not taking'......................they would have LOVED to have this abandoned baby......
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....