1342 users online (354 members and 988 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

KY - William "Dan" Oakes, 62, Williamsburg, 2 Jan 2014

William "Dan" Oaks

William "Dan" Oaks, 62, was last seen on at his place of residence near Highway 25 South, near Williamsburg, Kentucky on January 2nd, 2014. Mr. Oaks is a white male, 5' 11", weighing in at 181 lbs with brown hair and blue eyes.

Please contact The Whitley County Sheriff's Department at 606-549-6017.

http://www.local8now.com/news/headli...239350601.html
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 01-10-2014 at 07:23 AM.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Not much information. I hope he's ok!! It's been extremely cold!!
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

KY - William "Dan" Oakes, Sr, 62, Whitley County/Williamsburg, 8-Jan-2014

http://www.wtvq.com/content/localnew...Olgw7Bk2A.cspx

Published: 1/08 6:18 pm
    Updated: 1/08 6:23 pm

Deputies: Whitley County Man Missing
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 01-09-2014 at 08:24 AM.

Body found near where Whitley County man went missing

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/S...1.html?ref=381
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Tragedy Strikes Whitley County Family Again

http://www.lex18.com/news/tragedy-st...y-family-again

Prayers...
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

http://thenewsjournal.net/details/8181/Lawsuit-filed-against-Sheriff's-Department,-deputy-over-man's-death-in-January#comments

The Whitley County Sheriff’s Office and one of its deputies are named as defendants in a lawsuit claiming they are responsible for the death of an elderly man this past January.

According to the civil complaint, filed in Whitley Circuit Court last Friday, the department and deputy William Harris caused the “premature and untimely death” of Williams Oaks Sr. in January by failing to respond to a 911 call reporting Oaks crawling across I-75 near the three-mile-marker on Jan. 3. Oaks was found dead by authorities six days later on Jan. 9 about 150 yards where he was spotted on the roadway by a passing motorist. Autopsy results reveal Oaks died of “exposure to the elements.”

According to the lawsuit, filed by Williamsburg attorney Jane Butcher, Harris “personally accepted and took responsibility over” the call after it was given to him, via radio, by a Whitley County 911 dispatcher, but never went to check out the report.

Just awful

The Whitley County Sheriff’s Office and one of its deputies are named as defendants in a lawsuit claiming they are responsible for the death of an elderly man this past January.

According to the civil complaint, filed in Whitley Circuit Court last Friday, the department and deputy William Harris caused the “premature and untimely death” of Williams Oaks Sr. in January by failing to respond to a 911 call reporting Oaks crawling across I-75 near the three-mile-marker on Jan. 3. Oaks was found dead by authorities six days later on Jan. 9 about 150 yards where he was spotted on the roadway by a passing motorist. Autopsy results reveal Oaks died of “exposure to the elements.”

According to the lawsuit, filed by Williamsburg attorney Jane Butcher, Harris “personally accepted and took responsibility over” the call after it was given to him, via radio, by a Whitley County 911 dispatcher, but never went to check out the report.

Oh my God....
    I'm going to take my ball and go home

I'm just disgusted. One would think that getting a call about an elderly man crawling across a freeway might merit a little in-person investigation, especially considering how cold it was in January. How utterly awful, that poor man.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY