1299 users online (203 members and 1096 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NM - Gregory Tikkanen, 41, Albuquerque, 28 Nov 2013

Gregory Tikkanen

Gregory Tikkanen is a 48 year old transient that was last seen by his father on November 28th, 2013 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The father had just given his son, Gregory some money and a few days later the father received a phone call from a strange number and an unknown person. The man told the father that " he'd obtained the father's number from the side of an arroyo." The father consequently reported his son missing. Gregory Tikkanen is 6', weighs 150 lbs, usually wears a graying beard and has an unkept appearance.

Please contact the Albuquerque Police Department Missing Person Unit and (505) 924-6096 or 235-1039.

http://www.krqe.com/news/local/apd-a...ng-missing-man
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Albuquerque Police - Twitter

https://twitter.com/ABQPOLICE

Albuquerque Police ‏@ABQPOLICE Jan 9
    Gregory Tikkanen has been missing since 11/28/2013 according to his family. Call 924-6096 or 242-COPS with any info.

I couldn't get the first link to work, so I searched for one and found the same "article" (different news source).
    http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s...l#.U9p8BudJOYY

There were also a lot of results from "mugshot directories," which is sad. In all of the ones that I clicked, he was arrested mainly due to his homelessness (ie drinking in public, trespassing, failing to go to court for said offenses, etc).
    If he lives on the streets, where could he drink that isn't considered "public?" He's a legal adult and should be allowed to drink.
    Where could he sleep without it being some form of loitering or trespassing?

I don't want us to return to a day of "prisons" (ala One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest) but we need to find a way to ensure that the mentally ill are better cared for.
    I just wish I knew how that could be done without making them essentially be a prisoner (forced meds, lock-up, etc).