CA CA - Luke Arduini, 28, Oakland, 1 Jan 2014 - Yahoo software programmer

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
The search is on for a software programmer at Yahoo who went missing without a trace New Year's Day.

Friends say Luke Arduini of Oakland, California is a brilliant Javascript programmer and that his employer has gone so far as to hire a private investigator to find the 28-year-old.

Arduini has disappeared without telling anyone before, but the private investigator says Arduini--who's ominous last Instagram photo was of the Bay Bridge--has a history of emotional instability.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-programmer-Luke-Arduini.html#ixzz2pvpkDNGy

The search is on for a software programmer at Yahoo who went missing without a trace New Year's Day.

Friends say Luke Arduini of Oakland, California is a brilliant Javascript programmer and that his employer has gone so far as to hire a private investigator to find the 28-year-old.

Arduini has disappeared without telling anyone before, but the private investigator says Arduini--who's ominous last Instagram photo was of the Bay Bridge--has a history of emotional instability.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-programmer-Luke-Arduini.html#ixzz2pvpkDNGy

Lots of good info in that link ^^^ Thank you. He had gone to Thailand once without telling anyone? Wow, that's something. But what about his cat that he left? And the article says he is diabetic and doesn't have his insulin - that is the most alarming.

The fireworks pic isn't too weird, but maybe the bridge one is... bridges make me queasy. Hoping you come home soon kiddo.

Hopefully this young man is ok.

Lots of good info in that link ^^^ Thank you. He had gone to Thailand once without telling anyone? Wow, that's something. But what about his cat that he left? And the article says he is diabetic and doesn't have his insulin - that is the most alarming.

The fireworks pic isn't too weird, but maybe the bridge one is... bridges make me queasy. Hoping you come home soon kiddo.

BBM. Those two things are what bothers me the most about this. It doesn't seem like he'd just walk away without at least emailing/texting/calling someone to ask them to take care of his cat. Leaving his insulin behind is odd too, unless he really did have plans of suicide and didn't foresee needing his insulin in that case (did the pressures of his job get to him? I can't imagine that would be a completely stress-free job). Hope he comes home safe soon. He seems like a very smart guy.

He is a deep thinker:
http://luke.*advertiser censored*/
Last post seems to be on boxing day, and while he is pondering a lot of things I couldn't see anything that made me worried about his mental state.

CBS article:
V=http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/01/09/search-on-for-yahoo-developer-missing-since-new-years-party-in-sf/
Can I link a friends twitter? There are comments that indicate he did not travel to Thailand on his own.

I think his disappearance either has to do with his diabetes or his emotional instability.

I don't know if and how much he drank on New Year's Eve, that plus mental health issues can spark some things too I would suppose.
Since he went to Thailand without telling anyone before I hope this is just another thing like that and he didn't go out and harm himself.

He's been missing for almost 2 weeks. I really hope he is okay and will contact anyone soon.

Hello,

I am a friend of Luke's. I want to elaborate (and correct) a bit of info... Hoping someone in this community can help us find him because the police are doing NOTHING to help.

- Luke was not diabetic. He came down with mono and thought it might be diabetes... That's why there was a testing kit in his apartment. Anyone can buy one (he got his at Walgreens).

- Luke was not "emotionally unstable" as this PI claimed. Up until three days after he was reported missing, the PI had not spoken to any of Luke's family or friends... He went off information from people who did not know him.

- Luke had been living in CA for a few months. He had not been there long but was able to make quite a few friends.

- He has never travelled to Thailand alone, as claimed in some reports. He travelled with friends to train and compete in martial arts (there are pictures on his social media sites of this-- with Luke AND his friends).

- He lived in an apartment in Oakland, alone, with his new kitten.

- When Luke left his friend's apartment on New Years Eve, he got into an "Uber Car" (car service) and returned to his apartment in Oakland. He may have changed clothes, and may have been wearing a purple Yahoo hoodie, slim jeans, and red Chuck Taylors.

I have contacted the various news outlets to correct this information but so far no one has gotten back to me. Oakland Police have essentially told us that they are not treating it as a priority because he is an adult and they cannot prove foul play.

I have called the hospitals in the area, as well as the medical examiners office and surrounding police departments. There has been no sign of him.

Please... If you can help... It would be SO appreciated.

More info is here: http://findluk.com .

Hello,

I am a friend of Luke's. I want to elaborate (and correct) a bit of info... Hoping someone in this community can help us find him because the police are doing NOTHING to help.

- Luke was not diabetic. He came down with mono and thought it might be diabetes... That's why there was a testing kit in his apartment. Anyone can buy one (he got his at Walgreens).

- Luke was not "emotionally unstable" as this PI claimed. Up until three days after he was reported missing, the PI had not spoken to any of Luke's family or friends... He went off information from people who did not know him.

- Luke had been living in CA for a few months. He had not been there long but was able to make quite a few friends.

- He has never travelled to Thailand alone, as claimed in some reports. He travelled with friends to train and compete in martial arts (there are pictures on his social media sites of this-- with Luke AND his friends).

- He lived in an apartment in Oakland, alone, with his new kitten.

- When Luke left his friend's apartment on New Years Eve, he got into an "Uber Car" (car service) and returned to his apartment in Oakland. He may have changed clothes, and may have been wearing a purple Yahoo hoodie, slim jeans, and red Chuck Taylors.

I have contacted the various news outlets to correct this information but so far no one has gotten back to me. Oakland Police have essentially told us that they are not treating it as a priority because he is an adult and they cannot prove foul play.

I have called the hospitals in the area, as well as the medical examiners office and surrounding police departments. There has been no sign of him.

Please... If you can help... It would be SO appreciated.

More info is here: http://findluk.com .

Thanks for joining WS, and providing us with additional info.

Can you tell us anything about the area where his apartment is located? Is it safe? Does his building have security cameras? Are there any businesses nearby that might have recorded footage? Are there any BART stations nearby?

Are Luke's phone and wallet missing too?

Where does he live? - at least give us the nearest cross streets.

There's nothing unusal about taking photos of the Oakland Bay Bridge - it's an icon - symbol of power & privilege.

What's open at about 3am near where he lives? He has no transport? Not even a bicycle?

No transport wouldn't be that surprising if he lived Uptown/downtown near BART (train to SF) but difficult otherwise. Would also like to know specifics, as I live in the area and it hasn't been heavily featured in news or news social media recently.

I live in the area, but don't watch KRON, and have seen virtually nothing about this, which I find odd and a bit frustrating. There are good and bad parts of Oakland, and crime has been out of control, but I haven't noticed any kidnapping a, at least not of adult males. I listen to the scanner quite often, and nothing.

A couple of questions that can make all the difference:

Did he take a large amount of cash out in the days before his disappearance?

Has there been activity on his credit cards? Bank account?

This long with no access to money would be concerning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back