Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
25KHeatherBW-1_zps6ce27413.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Verified members on Heather's case
Creek-Ratz - verified insider
helpseeker - verified insider
LadyHawkke - verified insider

Find Heather Elvis Facebook

We do not have a person of interest or suspect named in this case by law enforcement. Sleuthing anyone and posting on Websleuths is not allowed unless or until someone is named by law enforcement, this includes public sites showing addresses etc. This also includes family.

We are a victim friendly site and this includes family and friends. No bashing of anyone. No sleuthing or discussing anyone in a suspect manner unless we have a suspect named.

Rumor is not allowed, you can discuss and speculate about anything we already know thru law enforcement and main stream media.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Sex Offenders

It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. However, it is okay if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. Never even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting here about a sex offender should always be within the law.

Moving my post over here must've been posting as they set up new thread:

In looking at HE SM she laments about paying bills-common, right? Then in a pic she posts a breakdown of all her medical bills-expenses to different medical providers that she still owes. There were seven providers totaling over $5,000.

My question is, and maybe one of the VIs in this case can help here, did HE have some type of medical condition that requires frequent visits (a simple yes or no is sufficient, don't need to know what it would be) or was HE in an abusive relationship that may have caused these visits?

She is only 20, she has only been an adult and responsible for her own medical bills for 2 years so I'm assuming all these medical expenses happened in a two year time period.

And yes I know medical bills for only one event can rack up quickly.

I'm thinking since it is seven providers that maybe it isn't a single episode that caused all these bills.

Just trying to explore some different aspect of this case. Any help from a VI is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other day they posted on the FB page an appeal for info about having seen HE's car from that night or anytime before that.

I wondered whether that meant that they were thinking of this as a "pattern" or regular place her car might've been seen before or whether they don't want to dissuade people who think they saw it but at a different time so they don't come forward.

If sight of the car at the landing is a integral piece of the puzzle (either to establish a timeline or a pattern) I suggested on the FB page that they print off fliers with a photo of the same car and relevant details and pass it out at the landing, surrounding areas and maybe piers/other landings nearby. Maybe even pass out to the homes/mobile homes in that immediate area.

The reason I feel this is important is because I have visions of retirees and older guys who fish or boat early in the mornings and they are not generally savvy with the Internet. Sure they might get a missing flier but are looking out for a girl and her belongings. Maybe they saw a car at the landing but thought it was just that and in no way related to HE.

I really feel that if there is anything to do with water, people on foot, strange out of ordinary occurrences in, near or out of water, then one of these older guys might be the ones who hold a piece of the puzzle.

Someone mentioned a difference in times on texting records. If it were showing as 3:41am in another time zone the local time would be later not earlier. ie. If it were a California number then local time would be +3 so 6:41am.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned a difference in times on texting records. If it were showing as 3:41am in another time zone the local time would be later not earlier. ie. If it were a California number then local time would be +3 so 6:41am.

Quoting myself for clarity. If it were a foreign number going in the opposite direction on the globe then it would be earlier. It'd also raise some questions for me.

You have it backwards @CarolinaAsh. -3 hours. Would be 12:41am. I know, I'm from CA.

West coast time is three hours behind or earlier than eastern.

Was there any more news on the Mexican guy that escaped out a window??? It just popped back into my head! The police were at his place and he escaped out the back window and fled into the woods!?

Original post by Teri037

Snipped:
Also, at one point she posts a photo of her weight while standing on the scales and asks her mother, 'is this safe enough'.
Snipped

Sorry on my phone and other thread closed before I could reply. Plus still trying to figure out what I am doing. Newbie. Tapatalk is kinda irritating at times too.

That is a picture of a speedometer :)

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Moving my post over here must've been posting as they set up new thread:

In looking at HE SM she laments about paying bills-common, right? Then in a pic she posts a breakdown of all her medical bills-expenses to different medical providers that she still owes. There were seven providers totaling over $5,000.

My question is, and maybe the VI in this case can help here, did HE have some type of medical condition that requires frequent visits (a simple yes or no is sufficient, don't need to know what it would be) or was HE in an abusive relationship that may have caused these visits?

She is only 20, she has only been an adult and responsible for her own medical bills for 2 years so I'm assuming all these medical expenses happened in a two year time period.

And yes I know medical bills for only one event can rack up quickly.

I'm thinking since it is seven providers that maybe it isn't a single episode that caused all these bills.

Just trying to explore some different aspect of this case. Any help from a VI is appreciated.

This is the first I've heard of this. Which SM is this on? I'm surprised she would be on her own coverage as legally a "child" can be on a parents coverage until 26 if living at home or even if not & they're a student. This was recently changed from 23. It's not an automatic drop at 18. I wonder if they have healthcare through mom or TEs business as that may have posed an issue with her coverage as small businesses can have extremely high rates, copays & coinsurance amounts. That said-her moms plan could also just not be that favorable......

Were nearby landings in both directions searched when they did Peachtree landing search? And can you run a boat all the way to Georgetown from there?

Regarding HE's obsession with weight loss...On her twitter account she mentioned she wished she could get her dancer's body back again, so that's probably at the root of her wanting to lose weight.

Were nearby landings in both directions searched when they did Peachtree landing search? And can you run a boat all the way to Georgetown from there?

I grew up in the area, so I can answer this question. Yes, a boat can be run from PTL to Georgetown. Furthermore, you can run a boat from PTL to the Intracoastal Waterway that runs along the eastern seaboard and on out to the Atlantic Ocean.

This is the first I've heard of this. Which SM is this on? I'm surprised she would be on her own coverage as legally a "child" can be on a parents coverage until 26 if living at home or even if not & they're a student. This was recently changed from 23. It's not an automatic drop at 18. I wonder if they have healthcare through mom or TEs business as that may have posed an issue with her coverage as small businesses can have extremely high rates, copays & coinsurance amounts. That said-her moms plan could also just not be that favorable......

I also questioned why she may not have been covered under parents insurance still. Maybe she is and there is a high deductible or something?? With all the insurance changes that have happened over the last year or two, who knows??
All I could gather from her pic and comments is that there were bills she had to pay and she wasn't happy about it (who is)-and at least seven of the bills were for medical expenses.

I found the picture and comments through the twitter account. The only account I can see (someone said there was another) and that we usually have a link for on the first page of each thread.

You have it backwards @CarolinaAsh. -3 hours. Would be 12:41am. I know, I'm from CA.

I think CarolinaAsh is saying if it shows as 3:41 on the West coast it would be 3 hours later here. If the 3:41 was showing as local time then it would be 3 hours earlier on the west coast.

It would all depend on which time zone is posted on the cell phone records. I would think the time posted on the bill would be the time zone of the account. 3:41 on HE cell and 12:41 on the other person's cell.

I think CarolinaAsh is saying if it shows as 3:41 on the West coast it would be 3 hours later here. If the 3:41 was showing as local time then it would be 3 hours earlier on the west coast.

It would all depend on which time zone is posted on the cell phone records. I would think the time posted on the bill would be the time zone of the account. 3:41 on HE cell and 12:41 on the other person's cell.

Do we know that she purchased her phone in another time zone? I'm on the east coast and have Verizon (purchased service here) and the time on my bill is always correct.

I wonder if there's a satellite image of her apartment complex for Wednesday the 18th. This would help with the timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith