Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

I'm new here, so work with me if I get anything wrong!

I keep wondering why this case resonates with me so much and I guess there's a few reasons. My daughters name is Heather too and even our last name begins with E and has a V in it. I live in NC but go to Myrtle Beach alot. I was just at Broadway this Summer with my kids. It shakes me to the core that some predator could be hunting in that same area. It really changes my perspective as a parent.

How does websleuths view psychic input? Is it welcomed or mentionable? Please remove this if not allowed. [modsnip].

Just another angle. I mean in my heart of hearts I believe there is a serial at play here. What is sad is that I feel like the males that are missing don't often get factored in, but consider that this predator may be just as "excited" by men as women. And really, I feel like this guy is cozy in that he hasn't been caught and feels like he can just carry on. FBI need to be involved I believe. Sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Salem; 01-13-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Welcome - we don't do psychics here. Good post.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TAKE For This Useful Post:

Oh I wanted to add that perhaps the card on her Keyring is something to do with cosmetology/hair product suppliers? You often have to be licensed for purchases from some of these places, so maybe it's for one of those?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TAKE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TAKE View Post
    I'm new here, so work with me if I get anything wrong!

I keep wondering why this case resonates with me so much and I guess there's a few reasons. My daughters name is Heather too and even our last name begins with E and has a V in it. I live in NC but go to Myrtle Beach alot. I was just at Broadway this Summer with my kids. It shakes me to the core that some predator could be hunting in that same area. It really changes my perspective as a parent.

How does websleuths view psychic input? Is it welcomed or mentionable? Please remove this if not allowed. I googled about psychics and this case and found some insights from two different sources. Independent of each other, they hit on some very similar info. I won't go into specifics as to what I read save one thing. Okay two things. First is that this one psychic believes HE was ambushed military style by a guy waiting in the bushes outside her apartment. This theory sort of fits because maybe he then makes her drive to PTL. And they board a boat that was there waiting. This means he would've come into town on a boat and perhaps caught a taxi to HEs residence.

The psychic also rendered a sketch of the perp. It bears more than a passing resemblance to RSO RM.

Just another angle. I mean in my heart of hearts I believe there is a serial at play here. What is sad is that I feel like the males that are missing don't often get factored in, but consider that this predator may be just as "excited" by men as women. And really, I feel like this guy is cozy in that he hasn't been caught and feels like he can just carry on. FBI need to be involved I believe. Sooner rather than later.

No, discussions about psychics in cases is not allowed. Here's a explanation from co-owner Tricia:

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Dear Websleuths Members,

Hopefully after you read this post you will have a clearer understanding of certain issues on Websleuths.

First, I want you all to know that Cubby has worked very hard and continues to work hard on Anna's forum to make sure things run smoothly.

Any decisions Cubby has made or any explanations Cubby has given are backed up by me 100 percent. Cubby is doing exactly what I ask of her and I appreciate her time and dedication to Anna's forum.

Psychics On Websleuths.

This topic has always been a hot potato and very controversial.

The reason I do not allow psychic discussions on Websleuths has to do with controversy and the problems that come along with allowing psychics on the forum.

How do you tell which psychic is correct?

Who do we link to and who do we not link to as far as psychics?

What if a psychic is popular but wants money, do we link and discuss that psychic?

Imagine how many psychics would suddenly appear on Websleuths discussing their "visions" on cases if we allowed this. Psychics that could casually steer people to their for profit only websites.

We do not have the people power to monitor every post every psychic makes. No way.

How do we let just a few psychics on the site? Who decides who is good enough to post and who isn't?

If I opened the door to psychic visions Websleuths would turn into a battle ground like no other. I know this to be a fact. Just one mention of one psychic on the Caylee Anthony forum caused me so much grief and hell I can't tell you.

The battle wouldn't be between members and psychics. It would be between psychics and psychics.

You should have seen the behind the scenes crap that went on between waring factions of Psychics. It was disgusting.

I will not allow Websleuths to be used by people who claim to be psychic just so they can become famous.

Of course I know not all psychics are like this but trust me when I tell you most of the ones who will want to post on Websleuths will not have the best interest of the families in their hearts. In my opinion based on past experience.

Of course there are very dedicated, kind, and caring psychics. No doubt. Those people would be drowned out by the others.

So, between deciding which psychics to let post and which ones to not, between the waring factions of the psychics, between the posters who despise psychics and those who do not, I cannot allow psychics on Websleuths because of the problems.

As it is we have enough to deal with concerning posters who are offering their opinions. Can you imagine if we started allowing psychics to post their visions? OMG. It gives me a headache thinking about it.

I am not going to comment on whether psychics are true or not but I will say I would never feel comfortable allowing the psychics I have seen on the web on my forum. Not all of them but most of them.

It would cause more harm for the moderators, for the members, and most of all for the families.

Think Sylvia Browne and Shawn Hornbeck. Think desperate families coming to Websleuths and having to deal with the psychics who do not have any scruples. Who, like Sylvia Browne, would pull something out of their behind no matter who it hurts. Like she did with Shawn.

It is too much trouble. Websleuths is above all of this.

If you disagree with me that is certainly your right. I'm going to be bold and a bit stern when I say I do not want to argue my decision. It is made and it has been this way for a long time.

One exception is if in the main stream media a psychic makes the news. Then I have no problem linking to the article, video, or audio in the main stream media about the psychic.

Please understand I made this decision based on years of experience. My goal is to make Websleuths a place for all to enjoy, a place for new people to come and feel comfortable, free of the usual problems associated with discussion forums.

Free of the battle of the psychics, the battle about who is real and who isn't, the battle of who is in it for money and who isn't and who is saying what about which psychic and why. Websleuths is free from all of these issues and will continue to be.

Thank you for all you do and your participation.

Sincerely,
    Tricia
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5639885&postcount=149"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dreams and Visions[/ame]

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Take, thanks for asking because it's good to share the rules with our new members, and remind the veterans.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

8. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

I read through the Skylar Neese case last night. So disturbing. For those who may not know, 16 year old Skylar went missing after a friend picked her up from her home. The friend claimed to have dropped her back at the house an hour later. 6 months later, Skylar's remains were found ~ and it turned out that her "friends" had stabbed her to death. Cute, popular girls. Not saying that I think this is what happened to Heather, but that you just never know. You can read Skylar's thread here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178618"]WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012 **ARREST** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hap For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisinjc View Post
    Did anyone ever hear if the bones discovered from the first search have been identified?
    No, but they have quite a lot of information for him. There's a thread here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230104"]SC SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtMale Skel UP11933, 35-60, Winged Metal Cross Pendant, Dec'13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

eta: locals, if you could come over and have a look at his necklace and shorts and maybe tell us whether someplace in the area sells jewelry/clothing like that, it'd be a big help!
    Last edited by carbuff; 01-13-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Not saying the crimes are related, but what if? I notice that CUE released an age progression of Brittanee Drexel December 2012, when she'd have been 21. This age progression of Brittanee looks similar to Heather IMO. I'm not saying all of their pics look similar, but the age progression does to me.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/202620...ittanee-drexel

Brittanee Drexel age progression:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4550195.html

Heather Elvis:

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

In Charleston the Charleston Police Department has jursidiction over the city and the Sheriff's department over the county. Since the city is part of the county, the Sheriff's department has jurisdiction over the county and city, but the city police only have jurisdiction over the city. So the Sheriff's department can be called in and handle a case in the city, but the city cannot handle a case in the county.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teri037 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    Does anyone know what the difference is between the Horry County Sheriff's Office and the Horry County Police Department? Is it like the difference between a state trooper and a municipal cop? Does it have to do with jurisdiction? Or is it the types of crime that comes across their tables?

J*G I don't know if this helps, but I found this on the HCPD FAQ page:
    (Snip)
    "HCPD has jurisdiction in the unincorporated areas of Myrtle Beach and Horry County."

Via http://police.horrycounty.org/Contact/Links/FAQs.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar
    #JusticeForBella
    JusticeForCooper
    #JusticeForDannie
    #JusticeForErin
    #JusticeForHeather
    #JusticeForJenise
    #JusticeForMorgan
    #JusticeForOmaree
    #FindSierraLaMar
    #FindRelishaRudd
    #FindHeatherElvis
    #FindHeatherGraham
    #HelpSaveTheNextGirl
    #FindBabyDaphne
    #FindBabyDelano
    #FindMyraLewis
    #FoundAbby
    #PrayForMH17
    #PrayForMH370

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kimi_SFC For This Useful Post:

Hello. I'm new to the forums. Thank you for accepting me and allowing me to share. I've been following the HE case almost from the beginning, and found my way here & have been reading through the many, MANY posts. So many of you have great input & great ideas. After reading for days on end, I'd like to chime in and see if any of my thoughts/opinions might be feasible:

It doesn't sound like there's been any evidence of a struggle mentioned, which could mean either a) the perpetrator(s) is/are very good at erasing any traces of their deeds, or b) there just was no struggle because HE left on her own.

With what little has been put out there by MSM & LE, my line of thinking, and again, IMHO, I tend to lean more towards HE leaving of her own free will. One reason I could think of for leaving your home at that time of the morning and driving to a landing with boat ramp would be if you were invited for a boat ride to watch the sunrise, especially if you've just come off a wonderful evening, are feeling "excited/giddy" and don't have to work the next day. I won't go into speculation about what could or might have happened from there, IF this is even what might have taken place.

What makes me lean even more towards this being a feasible scenario is the fact that HE obviously knew someone with a pontoon boat, as evidenced by the pictures posted on her SM accounts, as well as there being a request made by LE for any possible information about that boat trailer with no lights.

Again, this is all just MO, but I had to put it out there. If ANY of this post is out of line/against the rules, please let me know. I did read them, but if I've accidentally broken them, I will re-read them & ask questions before I post any further. It's not my intention to break any of the rules here.

Again, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group.

:Welcome: EyeForDetail ! to WS
    Speaking of mysteries - billions of people past/present, how on earth did I get be on earth and self-aware?

Rule-of-Three (click to visit blog)

Red Flags When Spouse Goes Missing (click to visit blog)

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Found it - hat tip PeterThomasFan for originally finding it on her twitter! She tied a cherry stem, not had a shake or food lol. It was posted June 8th.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HeatherEl...e=HeatherElvis

Cropped the key portion:

Taken from this full picture:
    The black item hanging on the keychain looks to be one of those little rubber change purses that has the slit across the front & you squeeze to open. Just big enough to carry some money & eliminate the need for a purse if you carry your license in your pants/jeans pocket. I saw in an earlier post (forgive me, I couldn't find the post to quote it here) that it could be one of those keychain floatation things. I don't recall ever seeing one of those foam floaters in black. I've only seen bright or neon colors (possibly for visibility in water reasons?) I don't disagree that it could be a key-floater, it just looks more like a change purse IMO. Any thoughts?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EyeForDetail For This Useful Post:

Found it - hat tip PeterThomasFan for originally finding it on her twitter! She tied a cherry stem, not had a shake or food lol. It was posted June 8th.

Cropped the key portion:

The black hanging thing looks like they could be dogs tags with the black plastic around the edges.

Children don't stop dancing

25. The Following User Says Thank You to SharetheLight For This Useful Post:

The black thing on her keys looks like a flip flop....the key chain goes through the thong that goes between your toes....and, not a regular size flip flop....one meant for a key chain or I've seen them as air fresheners to hang from your rear view mirror....

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LisainWV For This Useful Post:

Myrtle Beach and Horry county, although very busy as a resort, their LE is really small townish. There major duty is keeping the vacationers from getting too rowdy. One of the problems here is there are so many people just passing thru, I-95 is very close by.
    I've been there hundreds of times, and even as a teen, couldn't believe how my friends would just meet someone, and end up in their car or hotel room. But I'm the overly cautious type, which is probably why I'm on this site anyway.
    That would not be the scenero with Heather I'm sure, since she lives there. But my opinion is also that there is a person or a group who is responsible for the missing girls. I live about 4 hours away, and there really hasn't been a lot of coverage on the news or in the paper. I'm thinking they don't want to scare away visitors.
    I don't think Gov Haley should be bashed, because we really don't know if she is involved in this or not, and I'm sure if she spoke out too much, she would be getting bashed from the other side, saying she is scaring off tourists.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Not saying the crimes are related, but what if? I notice that CUE released an age progression of Brittanee Drexel December 2012, when she'd have been 21. This age progression of Brittanee looks similar to Heather IMO. I'm not saying all of their pics look similar, but the age progression does to me.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/202620...ittanee-drexel

Brittanee Drexel age progression:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4550195.html

Heather Elvis:
    Are my eyes not seeing right or is that some sort of mark around her throat? I don't think it is a shadow or a string necklace, but looks like a dark mark around the throat.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

Cropped the key portion:

I have a ton of them on my key ring & the one it most resembles to those I have (American eagle, lowes, cvs, goodwill, food lion, rite aid, hallmark, Tuesday morning, lowes foods, Kroger, auto zone) is horry county memorial library & it's located in Socastee.

Here's a pic of mine:
    http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...pssnwiyodn.jpg

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cujenn81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Skully View Post
    Are my eyes not seeing right or is that some sort of mark around her throat? I don't think it is a shadow or a string necklace, but looks like a dark mark around the throat.
    It's a necklace, in my opinion.
    There are other pics of her wearing it on the Find Heather Elvis facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis/photos_stream

IMOO.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lots2Learn View Post
    Usually sheriff is county
    Police is city
    Hth

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free
    Most counties thru out the US don't have their own police dept., so for counties that don't have one... the sheriffs office serves as the county's pd. Horry is just one that is so large it has it's own dept. from what I understand. I was confused about this too & looked it up a week or two ago.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cujenn81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Skully View Post
    I think it's just some loose hair. This picture appears to be taken at the beach, and the rest of her hair looks a little windblown, so my guess is that it's just some hair the wind blew around her neck.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calli For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Verified members on Heather's case
    Creek-Ratz - verified insider
    helpseeker - verified insider
    LadyHawkke - verified insider

Find Heather Elvis Facebook

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to margarita25 For This Useful Post:

Missing in Myrtle Beach: 'Every time we turn around, there is another case'
    BY JEFFREY COLLINS
    The Associated PressJanuary 12, 2014

http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/12/3...und-there.html

Aimee Palmer looks beneath the pine needles and fallen limbs for a clue in the search for Heather Elvis in the woods off Tidewater Road in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Monica Caison and workers and volunteers for her CUE Center for Missing Persons have spent weeks looking for Elvis, who disappeared days before Christmas. Elvis is just one of nearly a half-dozen young people who vanished with barely a trace around Myrtle Beach in the past few years.
    JANET BLACKMON MORGAN — AP

"HORRY COUNTY, SC — The leader of a North Carolina group that searches for missing people says she is spending too much time in Horry County these days."

42. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to margarita25 For This Useful Post:

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by EyeForDetail View Post
    Hello. I'm new to the forums. Thank you for accepting me and allowing me to share. I've been following the HE case almost from the beginning, and found my way here & have been reading through the many, MANY posts. So many of you have great input & great ideas. After reading for days on end, I'd like to chime in and see if any of my thoughts/opinions might be feasible:

It doesn't sound like there's been any evidence of a struggle mentioned, which could mean either a) the perpetrator(s) is/are very good at erasing any traces of their deeds, or b) there just was no struggle because HE left on her own.

With what little has been put out there by MSM & LE, my line of thinking, and again, IMHO, I tend to lean more towards HE leaving of her own free will. One reason I could think of for leaving your home at that time of the morning and driving to a landing with boat ramp would be if you were invited for a boat ride to watch the sunrise, especially if you've just come off a wonderful evening, are feeling "excited/giddy" and don't have to work the next day. I won't go into speculation about what could or might have happened from there, IF this is even what might have taken place.

What makes me lean even more towards this being a feasible scenario is the fact that HE obviously knew someone with a pontoon boat, as evidenced by the pictures posted on her SM accounts, as well as there being a request made by LE for any possible information about that boat trailer with no lights.

Again, this is all just MO, but I had to put it out there. If ANY of this post is out of line/against the rules, please let me know. I did read them, but if I've accidentally broken them, I will re-read them & ask questions before I post any further. It's not my intention to break any of the rules here.

Again, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group.
    WELCOME!!!
    no struggle, could of gone willingly, or mace? hit unconscience? #1 question who did she call or text 3:41am.....#2 why did she go to PTL? I realize that time of night doesn't count really because if you get off work at 2 am then that is like evening for us that get off at 3pm..........
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelights View Post
    It's a necklace, in my opinion.
    There are other pics of her wearing it on the Find Heather Elvis facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis/photos_stream

IMOO.
    Not the necklace. The dark line a couple of inches above it.

I *think* it's just loose windblown hair, but...
    Last edited by carbuff; 01-13-2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: fix typo
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

46. The Following User Says Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EyeForDetail View Post
    The black item hanging on the keychain looks to be one of those little rubber change purses that has the slit across the front & you squeeze to open. Just big enough to carry some money & eliminate the need for a purse if you carry your license in your pants/jeans pocket. I saw in an earlier post (forgive me, I couldn't find the post to quote it here) that it could be one of those keychain floatation things. I don't recall ever seeing one of those foam floaters in black. I've only seen bright or neon colors (possibly for visibility in water reasons?) I don't disagree that it could be a key-floater, it just looks more like a change purse IMO. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheLight View Post
    The black hanging thing looks like they could be dogs tags with the black plastic around the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by LisainWV View Post
    The black thing on her keys looks like a flip flop....the key chain goes through the thong that goes between your toes....and, not a regular size flip flop....one meant for a key chain or I've seen them as air fresheners to hang from your rear view mirror....
    Could it be a key fob?

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast