707 users online (83 members and 624 guests)  

Websleuths News

AL - Deputy sheriff fired over FB threats to daughter's bullies

A Washington County Deputy Sheriff has been fired for FB threats against Millry High School students he accused of twisting his daughter's arm and threatening to put a mirror up her skirt.

The deputy is also reported to be suffering from cancer.

http://www.wkrg.com/story/24412340/d...facebook-posts
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Gawd, look how I spelt 'threats' in the title.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

I saw this. Most people seem to support the (ex) Deputy - as do I. Hopefully, the little ****s will learn a lesson.

jmo
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

well, I don't see any specific threat in his comments - unless that news link didn't post them in their entirety

by specific, I mean the who, what, when, where, and especially how that is required here where I live in order to arrest someone

however, I will say the tone of those posts disturbed me and if he has advanced colon cancer, he may feel like he has nothing to lose

I would rather them overreact than fail to act and have a worse tragedy happen

but I'm also concerned that he was fired so quickly - no investigation, no consideration for the personal strife he's going through and a long, presumably good career? does this indicate previous employment issues? will being fired push him over the edge and be the precursor to a tragedy anyway? what if he now committed suicide - where would that leave his daughter?

ugh, so many questions ... I'm definitely on the fence in this case

psst, here's his FB (which I'm surprised hasn't been shut down):

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...=browse_search

He is a police officer, he should have known better than to make posts like that, no matter how he felt about it. It certainly creates the impression of someone who is unstable and unpredictable, and I imagine that no LE force wants someone like that on the payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    He is a police officer, he should have known better than to make posts like that, no matter how he felt about it. It certainly creates the impression of someone who is unstable and unpredictable, and I imagine that no LE force wants someone like that on the payroll.
    I'm a pretty easy- going person ... til you mess with my kids - then, I'm like a Mama Grizzly. I was bullied all through school and have no tolerance for it now. I even turned the school secretary into the 'bully box' at school because I saw her say 'lah-de-dah' when a student came to her with a concern.

There is really no excuse these days. Everyone should be able to recognize bullying behavior and report accordingly.

jmo
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

IMO, he went about this the wrong way. He should have known not to threaten kids on social media. There are avenues to use with the school. He was supposed to be a "peace" officer. I think he was wrong.
    "Crack up the music and dance!"