AL - Deputy sheriff fired over FB threats to daughter's bullies

Gawd, look how I spelt 'threats' in the title.

I saw this. Most people seem to support the (ex) Deputy - as do I. Hopefully, the little thugs will learn a lesson.

jmo

well, I don't see any specific threat in his comments - unless that news link didn't post them in their entirety

by specific, I mean the who, what, when, where, and especially how that is required here where I live in order to arrest someone

however, I will say the tone of those posts disturbed me and if he has advanced colon cancer, he may feel like he has nothing to lose

I would rather them overreact than fail to act and have a worse tragedy happen

but I'm also concerned that he was fired so quickly - no investigation, no consideration for the personal strife he's going through and a long, presumably good career? does this indicate previous employment issues? will being fired push him over the edge and be the precursor to a tragedy anyway? what if he now committed suicide - where would that leave his daughter?

ugh, so many questions ... I'm definitely on the fence in this case

He is a police officer, he should have known better than to make posts like that, no matter how he felt about it. It certainly creates the impression of someone who is unstable and unpredictable, and I imagine that no LE force wants someone like that on the payroll.

He is a police officer, he should have known better than to make posts like that, no matter how he felt about it. It certainly creates the impression of someone who is unstable and unpredictable, and I imagine that no LE force wants someone like that on the payroll.

I'm a pretty easy- going person ... til you mess with my kids - then, I'm like a Mama Grizzly. I was bullied all through school and have no tolerance for it now. I even turned the school secretary into the 'bully box' at school because I saw her say 'lah-de-dah' when a student came to her with a concern.

There is really no excuse these days. Everyone should be able to recognize bullying behavior and report accordingly.

jmo

IMO, he went about this the wrong way. He should have known not to threaten kids on social media. There are avenues to use with the school. He was supposed to be a "peace" officer. I think he was wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back