785 users online (122 members and 663 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 136 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    OK, I will do that. I will use the phone number of the county Sheriff that you posted in your original message. Thank you.

the waitress said she saw her the nite before in the dinner or the day before. was she alone. did anyone dine with her. were there any suspicus people around. do u think she was hitchhikeing? now that u mention florida im going to go into all the missing reports on doe that were filed for missing women/teens in that time period
    check out these cases on doe the only people missing from 79 well there was one more but she was missing in december
    49DFFL
    and
    366DFFL

i dont see any connections but worth checking out did anyone think to look at females in california as well

The only missing person file that I could find that has any resemblance to this victim is:

case file 183DFOH

http://www.doenetwork.org/

do u think that they are the same ohio and ny not a big diffrence in distance location wise. it didnt list what she was wearing when she went missing that would help alot and narrow it down

Does anyone else see a resemblence

Not much info to go on from this one unfortunately. But I see a resemblence...

Gonzalez Castillo, circa 1979

Monica Gonzalez Castillo
    Missing since 1979 from Queretaro, Mexico
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0'' (155 cm)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark auburn, curly hair; light brown eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Monica was last seen in 1979 in Queretaro, Mexico

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Procuraduria General de la Republica
    01-800-00-252-00
    53-46-01-00

Agency Case Number: 68/POV/98 Source Information:
    Procuraduria General de la Republica

I do notice similarities. Especially the curly hair and frame of the face. Awfully far to travel from Mexico to NY though but you never know. I wish it gave more info as to what month she vanished.

Being from mexico would explain the tan. Cali's page at NYmissing talks about how she could have possibly been involved with a drug dealer, so she could be from one of the drug ridden areas of Mexico or what not. The faces to me resemble each other.

Her hair tells me she can't be the same girl though. Monica Castillo's hair is too dark to put highlights in and get the results that the Jane Doe had. It is possible though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters
    Being from mexico would explain the tan. Cali's page at NYmissing talks about how she could have possibly been involved with a drug dealer, so she could be from one of the drug ridden areas of Mexico or what not. The faces to me resemble each other.

Her hair tells me she can't be the same girl though. Monica Castillo's hair is too dark to put highlights in and get the results that the Jane Doe had. It is possible though.
    they do look similar in this picture.
    which i believe is a picture of her from the morgue

http://www.nysheriffs.org/missing_persons.htm

scroll down- you'll see her.

the hair also does not appear to be all that frosted in this picture. it could really be the same person.

how could there be a 3 inch difference in height?

unless the people who reported her missing from mexico didn't know her exact height??? that's the only logical explanation right???

And why isn't there more information about the missing mexican girl??
    I don't speak spanish!!!-- if I called them I would definitely need to speak spanish wouldn't I???

It's possible...but I doubt it's the same person. Not just the height, but the shape of the face. If you compare the actual autopsy photo, not the retouched version, the shape of the face is different, and the hair type seems to be different. Monica's hair is much thicker and darker. Can't really compare the hairlines.

Just a caveat: this site has some disturbing images, and I apologize for that, but it's one of the few places that features an unretouched photo of Cali.

Autopsy photo link: http://id-wanted.org/description.asp?caseNum=U-0247

Just my opinion, of course. It's certainly worth following up on...

Too little info...

I agree that there are some similarites, but there is just too little information to base any theory on. The girl in the autopsey photo seems younger and thinner in the face than the missing Mexican girl. A three inch difference in height might not be that much if one or both were only rough estimations.

The total lack of dental care might indeed indicate someone from a poor background - possibly from Mexico.

The write up mentions an Indian Bracelet, but I have only seen photos of the Necklace (silver and turquoise) and the two heart and key charms. Is there a link to a photo of the bracelet? How about photos of her clothing?

Thanks for the link Fronkensteen. It certainly helps to have an untouched version of the picture. She looks so young and beautiful. It is heartbreaking. It is hard to tell in the picture but her hair does look different, as well as, the fact that her face looks more heart shaped and there is a definite difference in the noses. I think that she (Cali) was in her mid to late teens. Monica looks older to me. Maybe in her early to mid-twenties. I can't believe that there is such little information on her.

Does anyone know how I can find a schedule for races (I don't know how long NASCAR has been around) that were held in '79? The jacket may or may not be a big clue. I know that some people are like NASCAR "groupies" (for the lack of a better word). She could have followed the circuit around the states for awhile (or was following a boyfriend that was big into it). It would be interesting if there were any races in the Florida region or somewhere in the South a few weeks before her murder. Mullins, you mentioned the Daytona 500. Do you know what day it was held in 1979? Is it held at the same place every year? Fronkensteen, you mentioned the Grand Prix was held in Watkins Glen just two days before the murder. I would be interested to see any media reports of that particular race. Especially pictures. I will search and see what I can find. Unfortunately, time is not on her side. It has been so long...I pray for justice for this angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn
    Thanks for the link Fronkensteen. It certainly helps to have an untouched version of the picture. She looks so young and beautiful. It is heartbreaking. It is hard to tell in the picture but her hair does look different, as well as, the fact that her face looks more heart shaped and there is a definite difference in the noses. I think that she (Cali) was in her mid to late teens. Monica looks older to me. Maybe in her early to mid-twenties. I can't believe that there is such little information on her.

Does anyone know how I can find a schedule for races (I don't know how long NASCAR has been around) that were held in '79? The jacket may or may not be a big clue. I know that some people are like NASCAR "groupies" (for the lack of a better word). She could have followed the circuit around the states for awhile (or was following a boyfriend that was big into it). It would be interesting if there were any races in the Florida region or somewhere in the South a few weeks before her murder. Mullins, you mentioned the Daytona 500. Do you know what day it was held in 1979? Is it held at the same place every year? Fronkensteen, you mentioned the Grand Prix was held in Watkins Glen just two days before the murder. I would be interested to see any media reports of that particular race. Especially pictures. I will search and see what I can find. Unfortunately, time is not on her side. It has been so long...I pray for justice for this angel.
    Thanks for your post. I too am intrigued by the possibility that she and her killer were following the racing circuit. I wonder if those particular jackets were handed out at the Watkins Glen event.

The 1979 Daytona 500 was held on February 18th.

Here are a couple of sites about the 1979 Watkins Glen race: http://www.gpracing.net192.com/races/reports/328.cfm
    http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/rr328.html
    http://f1-facts.com/results/race/1979/Watkins_Glen

I've searched for photos taken of the crowd that day, but have not as yet found anything useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkensteen
    Thanks for your post. I too am intrigued by the possibility that she and her killer were following the racing circuit. I wonder if those particular jackets were handed out at the Watkins Glen event.

The 1979 Daytona 500 was held on February 18th.

Here are a couple of sites about the 1979 Watkins Glen race: http://www.gpracing.net192.com/races/reports/328.cfm
    http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/rr328.html
    http://f1-facts.com/results/race/1979/Watkins_Glen

I've searched for photos taken of the crowd that day, but have not as yet found anything useful.
    You make an excellent point about the jacket. From the looks of it, it appears that Cali was living a somewhat transient lifestyle. Knowing that she had recently been staying somewhere warm and sunny, then suddenly finds herself in the colder climate of NY in the fall, it is very likely that she wasn't prepared (clothing wise) for this shift in temperature and likely either bummed the jacket from someone or purchased it from the area (or event) in which she had traveled to. Most likely, especially if she had only been in NY briefly (as I suspect because tan lines fade quickly if not in the sun regularly), this jacket is possibly from one of the last places she visited before her death. However, if she was a hitchhiker (as per the truck driver who says he picked her up) she could have easily borrowed it from any number of persons she encountered along the way. I am also curious about the waitress that reported seeing her the night before her death. Does anyone know the name of restaurant? Is it along major highways or high-traffic trucking areas?

Is it normal for a girl in Mexico to have two last names if she is not married?

Monica Gonzalez Castillo

To me that sounds like two last names..

Also- why isn't there more information on her? If she was reported missing by someone you would think they would have her birthdate and the day and circumstances of her disapperance.

Page 2 of 136 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast