Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

No sign of Avon father missing nearly three months

http://avon.wickedlocal.com/article/...NEWS/140317418

By Joseph Markman
    Enterprise Staff Writer
    Posted Mar. 15, 2014 @ 3:45 am

AVON – The painful image lingers in David Robertson’s mind: his son Jamie in the back seat of a silver Toyota Camry, driving away with two men who showed up at their home in Avon with guns and badges.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

I just thought about his case yesterday. Such a strange case. I think he might be alive though. Maybe he owed money etc. to some people and now he has to work for them or something like that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MagnoliaMountain For This Useful Post:

This case is crazy - this man was abducted! I'm assuming he didn't recognize the 2 guys pretending to be constables?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poppygirl For This Useful Post:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/05/3...sing-avon-man/

Prosecutors say two Massachusetts men have pleaded not guilty to kidnapping charges stemming from the New Year’s Day disappearance of an Avon man.

Forty-six-year-old Scott Morrison of Norfolk and 45-year-old Alfred Ricci of Canton were arraigned this week for allegedly kidnapping 37-year-old James Robertson.

The Norfolk District Attorney’s office announced on Friday that a judge ordered the suspects held on $200,000 cash bail. It was not immediately clear if the two men have attorneys.

Prosecutors said they could not release additional information on the case because the investigation into Robertson’s disappearance continues.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OkieGranny For This Useful Post:

Before reading the above article I was wondering if Robert could have "planned" the kidnapping to distance himself from his legal problems? But seeing how two men have actually been arrested I'm guessing that is not the case.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJ's Mamu For This Useful Post:

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england...270223911.html

Cop charged

Prosecutors say Schoener gave his police issued badge, handcuffs and empty holster to James Feeney, the man allegedly behind the kidnapping of James Robertson.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rizzo0904 For This Useful Post:

http://www.whdh.com/story/26216454/d...ith-kidnapping

Schoener is also accused of providing the man with a picture and probation information of the kidnapping victim.

The missing man, James Robinson, was kidnapped from his Avon home on New Year's Day and has not been seen in more than seven months. Deputies do not believe he is alive. His parents said he was taken by two men posing as officers...

Schoener was held on $5,000 bail. If he makes bail, he will be required to wear a GPS tracker.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OkieGranny For This Useful Post:

I'm glad to see James' loved ones and LE are getting some answers. His case has been on my mind since I firt read about it in early January. I hope they will be able to locate James soon as well.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagnoliaMountain For This Useful Post:

$5000 bail for the dirty cop and $200,000 bail for the other two? Something isn't right with that!!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KESfromMA For This Useful Post:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...BdM/story.html

The affidavit alleges a chilling suburban conspiracy propelled by addiction, spurned love, and obsession. Even more disturbing is that a policeman was willing to lend his badge and other police gear to aid in the kidnapping, according to prosecutors.

The architect of the plot is identified by prosecutors as James M. Feeney, 44, of Dedham, an alleged drug dealer. Feeney was angry that Robertson was dating his former girlfriend, and he also suspected Robertson of informing on him, according to a police affidavit written by State Police Trooper Brian Tully and dated May 28...

In the waning days of 2013, according to the affidavit, Feeney revealed a scheme to two of his drug customers — Alfred A. Ricci III, 45, of Canton, and Scott W. Morrison, 46, of Norfolk, both of whom owed Feeney money. The plan was to abduct Robertson. “Feeney was obsessing over Robertson,” Tully, in the affidavit, quotes Ricci as saying... “Feeney told them that if they went to get Robertson, he would wipe their debt clean and give them some pills,” the affidavit says.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OkieGranny For This Useful Post:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...rss_id=Top-GNP

The father of an Avon man who disappeared on New Year’s Day and is now feared dead says he knew something was wrong within hours after his son was picked up by two men posing as constables and claiming James J. Robertson needed to go with them for surprise drug testing...

One of two men accused of kidnapping Robertson was arraigned this afternoon in Norfolk Superior Court. A not-guilty plea was entered on behalf of Scott W. Morrison, who did not appear in court. His lawyer said it would be “unduly prejudicial” to Morrison to appear, since witness identification is an issue in the case...

Feeney and Ricci are to be arraigned later this week.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OkieGranny For This Useful Post:

Body of missing Avon man could be recovered, prosecutors allege

A Norfolk man accused of kidnapping an Avon father of two said the victim’s body could be recovered, contradicting comments from the plot’s alleged mastermind, who has said James J. Robertson’s remains will never be found, prosecutors said.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2014/08/1...1zJ/story.html

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

http://avon.wickedlocal.com/article/...News/140828233

In an interview with The Enterprise this week, Alicia Ricci described her brother Alfred as a man with “a huge heart,” a drug addict who worked for the family tax business and lived with his mother.

Her brother was ensnared in the abduction plot, she said, by his addiction, his gullibility, and his loyalty to a relative “who thinks he’s in the mafia” and who has been described by prosecutors as the “mastermind” of the kidnapping. “I’ve been in shock since,” Alicia Ricci said. “I knew that he was into narcotics, but the carpet was absolutely pulled out from underneath my feet."

Alicia Ricci decided to speak about the case because she was angry over the lower bail set for Michael Schoener, a 40-year-old Dedham police officer who has been charged with providing a police holster, badge and Robertson’s probation documents to the alleged kidnappers... “I’m not saying they should lower my brother’s bail,” Alicia Ricci said. “But it’s like a slap in the face. Without those supplies, they would not have been able to get James Robertson.”

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OkieGranny For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2