GUILTY WY - Park Co., Male UP11992, decapitated, Jan'14 - Juan Guerra Torres

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
Investigators work to identify headless body found in Park County, Wyo

CODY, Wyo. — The Park County Sheriff's Department is working to identify a headless, "severely mutilated" body found in a remote area outside Powell on Thursday.

Park County Sheriff Scott Steward said the man's body was found at about noon on Thursday by a man hunting ducks with his son. Investigators haven't found the man's head.

Steward said the victim also was missing an arm. He said investigators are trying to identify the man.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_2a0f7e8e-460a-5b97-a7d3-9245c3a84706.html

Very distressing situation :(
I feel also for the man & son who found the body.
Looks as though who ever did this doesn't want the person identified.
Wonder if the missing arm had a tattoo on it that was very recognizable and identifiable.

:(

It's about 2 hours away, which trust me, in MT and WY is like next door lol. The clothing doesn't quite match up, and Mike's been missing for about a month, and this body is only a few days old, according to the police. I'd say the cold would preserve a body well, but no animal activity makes me believe it hasn't been in the elements very long.

okay please bear with me and don't throw stones :please::truce:

many, many years ago before i really "got" my new mother in law's sense of humor, there was a head found in a river near where we lived.....we were talking about it, quite seriously (always been a sleuther :seeya:) when she said, "oh did you hear the latest report???? there was a note in the bag with the head!" "omg, what did it say??" i asked all into it...........

and she began to sing............ iiiiiiiiiiii ain't got nobooooooooooooody.......in the most serious tone she could manage..........

:floorlaugh:

no disrespect intended........but sometimes if we don't laugh, we cry :)

okay please bear with me and don't throw stones :please::truce:

many, many years ago before i really "got" my new mother in law's sense of humor, there was a head found in a river near where we lived.....we were talking about it, quite seriously (always been a sleuther :seeya:) when she said, "oh did you hear the latest report???? there was a note in the bag with the head!" "omg, what did it say??" i asked all into it...........

and she began to sing............ iiiiiiiiiiii ain't got nobooooooooooooody.......in the most serious tone she could manage..........

:floorlaugh:

no disrespect intended........but sometimes if we don't laugh, we cry :)

If I didn't have a sense of humor, I couldn't follow these horrible cases. Bless your MIL. :)

It's about 2 hours away, which trust me, in MT and WY is like next door lol. The clothing doesn't quite match up, and Mike's been missing for about a month, and this body is only a few days old, according to the police. I'd say the cold would preserve a body well, but no animal activity makes me believe it hasn't been in the elements very long.

Where we used to live in South Dakota, it was a 125 mile trip, one way, to the Wal-Mart for grocery shopping. They have changed the body type on this person to say 'stocky' and Mike was thinner. From what I am reading on tribal social media, there are several possibilities.

“There are several other injuries that I cannot go in to,” he said. “No animal activity was evident on the body.”

Law enforcement personnel, including agents from the DCI, are processing the scene for evidence.

“Given the condition of the body, whoever did this does not want us to identify the body,” Sheriff’s office public information officer Lance Mathess said.

The exact cause and time of death is pending an autopsy, scheduled for Saturday.

“My guess is the person has been dead for 3-4 days, based on my experience,” Steward said.

Sheriff urges vigilance as search heats up for homicide suspects
http://www.codyenterprise.com/article_4b3b34c6-7989-11e3-bef8-001a4bcf887a.html

fwm3oy.jpg

More photo's at link
http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_6a76a613-feb6-591a-82ab-34a561afae33.html

Very distressing situation :(
I feel also for the man & son who found the body.
Looks as though who ever did this doesn't want the person identified.
Wonder if the missing arm had a tattoo on it that was very recognizable and identifiable.

:(

They took his head & arm yet leave the belt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back